• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante walking into a bar

IncarnatedDemon

i8VZIML3AOkTZ.jpg

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Wow.....I can see someone is upset. But you know as much as I dislike DmC and would want to see it burn in an everlasting sea of hell fire....your just making all anti-DmC/pro-DMC look a bit childish especially to all the pro-DmCs who are out to make us look bad (granted it is pretty easy too) like the game we defend.

IncarnatedDemon

Wow.....I can see someone is upset. But you know as much as I dislike DmC and would want to see it burn in an everlasting sea of hell fire....your just making all anti-DmC/pro-DMC look a bit childish especially to all the pro-DmCs who are out to make us look bad (granted it is pretty easy too) like the game we defend.
I am not upset. And i don't give two **** about what others think of this post.

IncarnatedDemon

Good for you:D

If we want to take back this forum and win back our old DMC we need more individuals like you.
I dont really care about that.
I just posted this pic of Dante of how lol it is.

I mean in first place Tameem's point was dumb.
And now we got Dante having fun somewhere in Poland :D

I hope i dont need to explain why Tameems point was dumb.

IncarnatedDemon

Second pic is awesome lol.

And it's not because of whos the kid and whos the adult.

Just the "Cruazy..."
"**** you"

no..Cruazy...

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Still think he'd get laughed out of an American bar either way. Maybe if he dressed in his DMC1 or DMC3 clothes maybe people will only snicker and point at how wierd he looks. But if it was DMC2 or DMC4, everyone would sh!tting themselves at how ridiculous he looks.

But hey, that's just how I see it.

IncarnatedDemon

Still think he'd get laughed out of an American bar either way. Maybe if he dressed in his DMC1 or DMC3 clothes maybe people will only snicker and point at how wierd he looks. But if it was DMC2 or DMC4, everyone would sh!tting themselves at how ridiculous he looks.

But hey, that's just how I see it.
I respect your opinion. I also got a opinion: I say he wudnt get laughed.

But my and your opinion aside:
Dante is a video game character. He was never made to be in a contemporary setting. Neither was he made to reflect contemporary world.

He is a video game character. Bottomline.
He was placed into a fantasy gothic world with barely any humans in society other than Trish.
**** did anyone see anyone else except for Trish in DMC 1 (besides Mundus minions)?

Dante is not Nathan Drake or Adam Wake.

So how was Tameem's point of Dante not "fitting" into a contemporary setting a valid when you consider that Dante 1) is a videogame character 2) and was made to live in a fantasy gothic modern world ?

His point isn't valid. It's invalid as ****. By his logic i could say "War from Darksiders would not fit a contemporary setting therefor he needed to be changed" and
my point would be valid. HELL NO its not.

Dante was made to stand out.

But i bet you that if Dante lived in a contemporary setting even with his herritage and white hair - he would fit into the setting.

Here is a more "causal" Dante. Yes i know he looks metrosexual but thats besides the point:
wg-devil-may-cry-2-1.jpg

Wow a normal looking Dante! Impossible!

And here is a picture of Leon from RE:
67f8835dcb2c5eb670a5c57cf0892062.jpg

Does Leon and Dante in that picture look like they might from same setting? HELL YES!
The only thing i raise my eyebrow at is:
1) Dante's white hair (unsual for realistic setting games): But again Dante is a videogame character. And even DmC Dante has white hair all over his head.

2) Dante looks metrosexual (its mostly the scarfs fault lol!)

So again it's absoutely bullshit that Dante wouldn't fit into a contemporary setting. His hair would stand out, but in our world there are people with many odd or different appearance.

His point about Dante not fitting into a contemporary or western setting (the setting DmC Dante is in now) is completely bullshit.
And Dante getting laughed out in a bar...he didn't express it as opinion so i think he was arrogant.

But when it comes to you and me Dragon, its opinion vs opinion.

DragonMaster2010

I respect your opinion. I also got a opinion: I say he wudnt get laughed.

If that's what you think.

But my and your opinion aside:
Dante is a video game character. He was never made to be in a contemporary setting. Neither was he made to reflect contemporary world.

Then why make a whole thread about the issue?

He is a video game character. Bottomline.
He was placed into a fantasy gothic world with barely any humans in society other than Trish.
**** did anyone see anyone else except for Trish in DMC 1 (besides Mundus minions)?

He was put into a modern city setting with the anime, and the beginning of DMC1, and the manga. He was greatly out of place. But like you said, this is video games and that kind of style can be welcomed easily. However, he'd get laughed at by someone, while others just won't approch him from how strange he looks.

Dante is not Nathan Drake or Adam Wake.

I never said he was.

So how was Tameem's point of Dante not "fitting" into a contemporary setting a valid when you consider that Dante 1) is a videogame 2) and was made to live in a fantasy gothic modern world ?

Because they weren't insulting old Dante, they used that quote as an example of what Dante would look like in a more modern contemperary setting. fans just took it too offense (Like everything) and twisted it to sound as if it was insulting.

His point isn't valid. It's invalid as ****. By his logic i could say "War from Darksiders would get laughed out in any bar outside Tokyo" and
my point would be valid. HELL NO its not.

Actually, War wouldn't be able to fit through the door. But he'd just be avoided and also get laughed at.

Dante was made to stand out.

Yeah, because a tall guy with white silvery hair and a long leather red coat wouldn't stand out? Sure -_-

edit: Sorry, thought you said made NOT to stand out.
But i bet you that if Dante lived in a contemporary setting even with his herritage and white hair - he would fit into the setting.

Yeah. He'd probably not wear a long red coat and would cut his hair shorter. But then again, I thought you said he's a video game character. Why are you now putting him in real world places since you said he doesn't belong there?

Here is a more "causal" Dante. Yes i know he looks metrosexual but thats besides the point:
wg-devil-may-cry-2-1.jpg

Wow a normal looking Dante! Impossible!

Yeah, that would be fine, but the DMC4 outfit would be disasterous.

And here is a picture of Leon from RE:
67f8835dcb2c5eb670a5c57cf0892062.jpg

Does Leon and Dante in that picture look like they might from same setting? HELL YES!
The only thing i raise my eyebrow at is:
1) Dante's white hair (unsual for realistic setting games): But again Dante is a videogame character. And even DmC Dante has white hair all over his head.

Leon would do better since he doesn't have pure white hair and a long red coat. And new Dante has a different reason for his white hair. Since demons are now merged with the real world, seeing a dude with white hair isn't that odd. But most likely he'd get shun from society for being who he is, and the propoganda from before.

2) Dante looks metrosexual (its mostly the scarfs fault lol!)

Dante doesn't even look meterosexual in that outfit. He looks like a biker gang leader, but no meterosexual.:/

So again it's absoutely bullshit that Dante wouldn't fit into a contemporary setting. His hair would stand out, but in our world there are people with many odd or different appearance.

I thought you said it didn't matter because he's a video game character.

His point about Dante not fitting into a contemporary or western setting (the setting DmC Dante is in now) is completely bullshit.
And Dante getting laughed out in a bar...he didn't express it as opinion so i think he was arrogant.

Dude, that was an opinion. You're just mad that he made fun of Dante to prove a point, and now you've made an entire thread just to show how mad you are, by hiding it behind your "lol's"

But when it comes to you and me Dragon, its opinion vs opinion.

Exactly. So don't make such a big fuss over Tameen's opinion on a character who, you just said, "Isn't real".

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Believe in me, Classic Dante could easily be seen a Scandinavian ( possibly as a swedish guy) or an albino and he wouldn't be laughed out in an American country bar, per example.
They made DmC Dante the way he is to fit what they conceive as their " a more realistic and comtemporany setting". So, it's just their opinion. But maybe they should be more cautious on presenting their opinion on the subject.

DragonMaster2010

Believe in me, Classic Dante could easily be seen a Scandinavian ( possibly as a swedish guy) or an albino and he wouldn't be laughed out in an American country bar, per example.
They made DmC Dante the way he is to fit what they conceive as their " a more realistic and comtemporany setting". So, it's just their opinion. But maybe they should be more cautious on presenting their opinion on the subject.

Yeah, but I still hold to my opinion that he'd get laughed out.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Lets face it. Dante would get laughed out of a bar wearing what he does. I'm not saying that he as a person would, but his clothing...

IncarnatedDemon

Then why make a whole thread about the issue?
Just wanted to share the picture. Its kinda funny.

He was put into a modern city setting with the anime, and the beginning of DMC1, and the manga. He was greatly out of place. But like you said, this is video games and that kind of style can be welcomed easily. However, he'd get laughed at by someone, while others just won't approch him from how strange he looks.
I won't discuss with you whether he would get laughed out or not. Because as you and i know it's opinion against opinion. But i don't mind discussing Dante standing out.

When i said Dante is a video game character:
A sword on his back
Two guns
Demon heritage
White unusual hair
Red coat

These traits you rarely see in real world. And there are many characters in video games that are really odd. Take Crash Bandicoot. Isn't he a fox? So why does he looks very odd compared to real foxes similar to Dante standing out as opposed to real humans in real world.
You get my point?

I never said he was.
I know i was just making a point. That Dante is not a character that was meant to look like most humans in our world.

Because they weren't insulting old Dante, they used that quote as an example of what Dante would look like in a more modern contemperary setting. fans just took it too offense (Like everything) and twisted it to sound as if it was insulting.
They used a quote as a example of what Dante would look like ...? What?

Yeah. He'd probably not wear a long red coat and would cut his hair shorter. But then again, I thought you said he's a video game character. Why are you now putting him in real world places since you said he doesn't belong there?
If the focus of Dante was to make him fit into a contemporary or modern setting, then you can easily do that. DMC universe was deserted, i barely saw many humans. And most of them had really weird clothes, Trish, Lady and Arkham lol.
So that is another evidence of how the characters from DMC weren't mean to have normal clothes or physical traits.

But if you wanted to focus on making them fit into a modern setting or a world similar to our world: then it's easy...
Remove the jacket - or make it less flashy: as you wouldnt see flashy clothes alot in a day.

Make some minor changes: and you got yourself a Dante that will fit into a contemporary setting. You cant touch the hair though as that defines Dante.
And there are people in our world with white hair. You may never see them, but if you google youll see people who are young and have died their hair white or it may be natural colour.
So you nor me would go "Omg that girl has white hair". Wer used to this.

Yeah, that would be fine, but the DMC4 outfit would be disasterous.
Ofc, i was just making a point that if Dante had a more "human" world (filled with humans with normal clothes = normal by our standards) , then he would probably dressed normal as well.
And as you said yourself that pic is pretty ok. It's not perfect, but it shows a Dante with normal looking clothes.

Leon would do better since he doesn't have pure white hair and a long red coat. And new Dante has a different reason for his white hair. Since demons are now merged with the real world, seeing a dude with white hair isn't that odd. But most likely he'd get shun from society for being who he is, and the propoganda from before.
Not for a single moment was my comparison of Leon and Dante in normal clothes that Dante would fit more into our world.
I dont think white hair is odd, in our world or in a fictional world. But Ninja theory said that Dante as a whole (that includes his white hair) would not fit into a contemporary setting. And they made DmC Dante receive white hair.
So besides the change of blood herritage, and hair colour in beginning DmC Dante was not much more different than DMC Dante.
And that is a proof of Dante , the guy they said wudnt fit into a contemporary setting...would fit into a contemporary setting.

You just needed to change his clothes to more normal ones. And draw him in a realistic art.

I thought you said it didn't matter because he's a video game character.
If you dont do anything by Dante and just put him into a world like ours, he would stand out. Because him being a video game he has weird clothes, a sword etc

But if you change him up a little he will fit pretty decent into our world.
Change his clothes to more contemporary ones (thats prety much the biggest one lol).

Dude, that was an opinion. You're just mad that he made fun of Dante to prove a point, and now you've made an entire thread just to show how mad you are, by hiding it behind your "lol's"
If that's what you think, then let's end our talk here.

DragonMaster2010

Ofc, i was just making a point that if Dante had a more "human" world (filled with humans with normal clothes = normal by our standards) , then he would probably dressed normal as well.
And as you said yourself that pic is pretty ok. It's not perfect, but it shows a Dante with normal looking clothes.

Not for a single moment was my comparison of Leon and Dante in normal clothes that Dante would fit more into our world.
I dont think white hair is odd, in our world or in a fictional world. But Ninja theory said that Dante as a whole (that includes his white hair) would not fit into a contemporary setting. And they made DmC Dante receive white hair.
So besides the change of blood herritage, and hair colour in beginning DmC Dante was not much more different than DMC Dante.
And that is a proof of Dante , the guy they said wudnt fit into a contemporary setting...would fit into a contemporary setting.

You just needed to change his clothes to more normal ones. And draw him in a realistic art.

If you dont do anything by Dante and just put him into a world like ours, he would stand out. Because him being a video game he has weird clothes, a sword etc

But also keep in mind; Doing all this to old Dante and making him be reduced to wear a smaller coat, and possibly change his hair somehow. That would kind of **** off fans. If something as miner as sonic's eyes being green ****ed off fans, just think what a modern old dante would do.

IncarnatedDemon

I can only speak for myself: I wouldnt be angry if they mad minor and natural changes needed.

But changing him up completely with becoming angel and this and that. Then your moving into a teritory thats dangerous and you should just create a new character.

Because honestly i dislike the idea of DmC Dante replacing Dante. I dont care much about it nowdays though.

I think the mistake NT did was giving that speech about how original Dante would get laughed out or how he wouldn't fit into a contemporary setting therefor changing him is necessary.
Which as i pointed out: just change his clothes and he will fit into a contemporary setting easily.

I dont mind a new character replacing Dante. But a version of him made by developers that made a invalid point and also said Dante woud get laughed out is just...stupid.
It was not necessary for NT to explain their actions.

They got a job. Capcom said change Dante.
Its a job, most sensible people wud understand that your not responsible for changing of Dante.

Top Bottom