• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante vs Vergil

Dante vs Vergil

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ManOfMayhem

Sorry that you feel that way but I to think that too many noobs are flocking up the forums with stupid questions that cause childish arguments. The idiot thing was way out of hand. Everyone has their darn opinion that is what makes these forum's so good. You dont need to try real hard, just be yourself that is good enough for anyone to see.

I hope we are still cool and still friends?

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
But i've been trying to be myself, nice. But how else am I soppose to act when my fav forum is turning into the average disrespectful forums I have escaped from in the past? ><

And yes, we are still friends. It just ticked me alittle when you called me an idiot, but if you didn't mean it, then I take back what I said about you too. Aside from what I said about you, I meant the rest of it, about the forum. I snap sometimes and say what's on my mind.

ManOfMayhem

Feel free to let it all out I realize that these forums are taking a nasty turn to the noob factory :(. But let time reveal itself and DMC.org should be all better like it used to be. As long as we are still friends then I am happy.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
All right.

I am not going to disagree, or argue with someone's points here. I am going to stay logical with my answer. When the twins were born, they both had the same power. They both had the same strength, because basically they were twins. Both had the same amount of their mother's and father's blood in them. There is no denying this people, it is logical. During growing up, Vergil strived to gain more power. Who knows what he did before dmc3? He potentially could have rose himself up in power, and became a little stronger than Dante. And no, I am not just saying that because I like Vergil. But let us look at some points I have raised earlier. Vergil is suppose to be portrayed as the villain. Well if we look at that point, and look at the games... Well IMO we clearly see that he is far from being the ultimate villain of the series. Why? Because we have no idea of why he wanted that power. Supposedly he wanted to merge both worlds and rule over them, as I heard a member state here earlier. Well maybe he just wanted to bring peace to both Worlds? ... Or yes, maybe he did want to destroy humanity in doing so .etc. The point of all of this is we do not know. But where does anyone get off saying that they both aren't of equal power?

My main point is this. Dmc is just a game in which Dante is suppose to be the hero *talking before dmc 4* Vergil had to lose those fights, as otherwise the game wouldn't continue. Those are both facts, and the matter at hand is that just because he lost in the Boss fights.... That doesn't make him unequal in power. I believe that how Vergil acted in dmc3 was very foolish, and he was too sure of himself. Dante seems to talk down on his enemy, but I always saw that as quite a cocky but unsure sort of way of going about defeating an enemy. This is all just my opinion btw, so instead of trying to bash it, accept it. I don't mind my points being talked on, but the main reason as to why there are so many arguments on this forum is due to when someone goes "OMG, you're the dumbest person here for saying that"... Those comments are against rules, and all they do is cause arguments. Bash the person's points, but don't direct the bashing at their opinion.

So, to conclude. In the events of dmc3, the very first game outing for the guys *Taking the time line into consideration* I believe that at the beginning, the twins powers were equal.

Wherever Vergil is now, I'm quite sure he is a little weaker. But even so, if he came back he could regain his strength in no time at all. And finally, of course more people will side with Dante on this matter. It's been biased since the start.

That is really what I have been trying to say all the way through. They are equal, when they started out. Of course, Vergil could be anywhere now, and we all know he is weaker now. I just thought we were talking on dmc3 terms here :lol: Guess not...

Zato-OW

King
We are still talking about this? People can turn anything around to make their point sound like the truth. Its pointless because even with the proof in the games, people will still hold on to their own opinions. Its stupid to go any further. Vergil=Favorite character but he also equals owned by Dante twice with no intruders, I have to face the facts. Dante has beaten him twice and people still say that if they fight again it will be even.

I don't understand the logic. If he lost twice in a row wouldn't the chances of them fighting again result in another lost to Dante? I don't care about the whole power thing because its only theories and speculation so anything goes in that area. But when it comes to a 1v1 Dante has proven his self to be the victor and people still picks Vergil on the poll for some insane reason because they favor him as a character and that is stupid. Just be truthful and not fanboyed, the winner is Dante and it shows it over and over. Then someone wanted to put a "tie" selection on the poll for what reason? Dante has came out the victor its that simple. Its funny how in DMC3 Vergil had his DT for 7 years or so and still lost to Dante in one night(Vergil needs to step his game up and kick his ass on fair grounds). Oh Btw if power doesn't matter then tell me how Vergil lost in DMC1. He was in a powered up demonic armor made by Mundus, with his own demonic powers and lost. This has to prove something.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I agree completely with Zato. All this "they both have half of Sparda's power and they are equal, but Dante wins because he's the good guy" seems like total nonsense to me. Both times Dante won like it was nothing. (And especially in the 3rd game where he was tired when fighting Arkham but not the least tired when fighting Vergil).

Vergil may be cool and many other stuff, but he certainly is not a much for Mundus who is weaker than Sparda. 'Nuff said:p

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
All I said is that they were of equal power at birth, and both were pretty equal in dmc3. I never said Vergil was equal to Dante in strength now. How can you deny the fact that they were both born with the same power? You can't. You people need to get a hold of yourselves. It has nothing to do with fanboyism at all. I can say that, because I completely favor Dante over Vergil. Look at the points, I have made VERY good ones about this. And they have been completely ignored.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
LordOfDarkness;126505 said:
All I said is that they were of equal power at birth, and both were pretty equal in dmc3. I never said Vergil was equal to Dante in strength now. How can you deny the fact that they were both born with the same power? You can't. You people need to get a hold of yourselves. It has nothing to do with fanboyism at all. I can say that, because I completely favor Dante over Vergil. Look at the points, I have made VERY good ones about this. And they have been completely ignored.

I can deny it pretty easily actually. Usually when twins are born, one of them gets more nutrition from the mother and ends up being tougher not only at birth but later. It is therefore pointless to say with such a sure way of talking that they were born with the same power. (Unless there was some kind of monitor that showed their baby power level:p)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
:lol: There is no point to disagree. Fact will be ignored :p

ManOfMayhem

It is not the fact that one twin will have more power when they are born. Since Vergil and Dante are the sons of Sparda it means that they both have the same strength and they are equal. Each twin gets half of Sparda's power. Vergil 50% - Dante 50%. If both of their strength and power were combined they would equal Sparda's strength.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
It's not that we won't listen Esura, it's that you have to respect our opinions. Something you are not doing at all man.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Oh really?:lol:

vergistar's post say that:

Since Vergil and Dante are the sons of Sparda it means that they both have the same strength and they are equal. Each twin gets half of Sparda's power. Vergil 50% - Dante 50%. If both of their strength and power were combined they would equal Sparda's strength.

Ok then I guess that Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Fuller Olsen means that they both have the same strength and they are equal. Each twin got it's mother's/father's power etc etc.:p

PS: vergistar I am not mocking you or anything. I just don't see how what you say can be marked as proof. Unless there was some kind of prophecy to Sparda that said something like "If you ever make children they will have your own power cut in half" :p

Zato-OW

King
If both Vergil and Dante power equals Spardas. Then explain if they were combined in DMC4? Or better yet if they were combined in DMC3? These are two different periods and times where in DMC4 Dante has grown alot stronger then he was in DMC3. So that just shuts your theory down. How can they equal Sparda's power as they keep growing in power? This means that in DMC4 if they were to combine thy will be much stronger then Sparda.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;126740 said:
If both Vergil and Dante power equals Spardas. Then explain if they were combined in DMC4? Or better yet if they were combined in DMC3? These are two different periods and times where in DMC4 Dante has grown alot stronger then he was in DMC3. So that just shuts your theory down. How can they equal Sparda's power as they keep growing in power? This means that in DMC4 if they were to combine thy will be much stronger then Sparda.

You missed my point.

I already know what you mean, but If Sparda is alive, my theory is relevant. That means their powers grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom