• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante vs Vergil

Dante vs Vergil

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zato-OW

King
Ok so in DMC4 when you face Sanctus for the first time you still lose even if you win in gameplay, and when you fought Dante you still lose even if you win in gameplay. The fact is by the end of DMC3 you will clearly see Dante was barely trying vs Vergil and tried to reason with him. You will see in Vergil's face that he was losing the entire time while Dante was calm and abit sad. It was never stated outside the game that they are equal in power in their last battle. So how are they remotely equal with Vergil losing as bad as he did twice? If they are equal then why wasn't Dante suffering just as much in there last go around? Instead hes looking at him with shame. Why is it that Dante tired out on his knees as he was in the 2nd battle? That is enough proof for you to go off of no some theory you thought up yourself to make it seem like they are equal. The only thing equal about them is there face and body.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Yes, and you're forgetting their strength. They have the same blood of Sparda. Vergil's actions made him weaker, that was his fault. But that was due to the story in the game. Vergil is portrayed as weak, because the heroic side is suppose to win. That is HOW it has to happen. Vergil could have won, but that wasn't how the story was meant to go. I say they are equal in strength, because if you don't do anything during the Boss battles then Vergil will really PWN you big time. And in saying "Yes, but that's how it did go" that doesn't matter either. It all comes down to the same biased point. Vergil supposedly being weaker. Like I said before. They have the same blood as their father, obviously. They are both half demon and half human. With the same strength... Equal.

Can someone please just close this? It is obvious points and opinions will not be accepted. This thread was lame and seriously biased from the beginning. Stop putting Vergil down. I'm tired of it.

You are putting him down Zato. Idc what u have just put, it makes no sense. Dante is portrayed as stronger. That is HOW we are suppose to see him. That doesn't mean he is though. He has exactly the same power as Dante has, as he is practically the same as Dante. The only difference being his characteristics. There is nothing else different, they are Equal... Nuff said.

Zato-OW

King
Even if they have the same blood and power one of them will be stronger then the other by either will power or motives or w/e that still means one is stronger then the other you just said. In this case though Vergil was obviously being outclassed and its there for you to see with your own eyes it dealt with sheer power and reason from Dante. Its not that I'm trying to put Vergil down its just that people tend to overrate him as if hes suppose to get some special treatment because he is the 1st son of Sparda. Like I said before this game isn't real so if they portray Dante as the stronger twin then that's what it is, its that simple.

Sparda™

The twins are equal in power. They carry half of Sparda's power each. Dante fought for a greater reason than Vergil did, and so the Dark Slayer was defeated. It's damn easy. No need to get complicated.

Zato-OW

King
How can you assume that Sparda's power is split between both? That must mean if they fused together then they will automaticly be Sparda's equal. Even if they combined each others power together in DMC3 they still wont be as strong as Sparda or near it. So that's like saying if Vergil was in DMC4 seeing how strong Dante has become if they fused they will be alot Stronger then Sparda? Its makes no sense. Even if their power is equal Vergil loses by default why? Because of Dante's motives and heart. So Dante vs Vergil will still claim him as the winner.

Sparda™

Vergil's motives were tainted by darkness and corruption, no matter how noble they were.

About the power thing.

Dante's powers are always rising, and the same goes for Vergil.

If you remember, Dante said to Agnus that the reason why he was inferior, was that he had surrendered his humanity, same as Vergil. Vergil won the first battle atop the Temen-Ni-Gru for the simple reason that Dante hadn't unlocked his Devil Trigger.

Zato-OW

King
Yeah I'm over that. I just can't see how Dante and Vergil's power equals Sparda's. Like say they did the fusion dance in DMC3 are you saying they will be at the same strength as Sparda? If so then in DMC4 seeing as Dante has grown alot stronger this must mean that both thier powers would have surpassed Sparda's if combined. Also your saying if Vergil sat on his a$$ and did nothing he will automaticly be as strong as Dante all because Dante gained power?

Sparda™

Sparda's powers are always double that of each twin. Basically, Dante & Vergil against Sparda would always be a draw.

Well, If Vergil is alive, I doubt he's been sitting on one place all along till the events of DMC4, right?!

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
OMG. Why are people still going on about this?
It was NEVER EVER EVER stated that their powers are equal. Thats some fan made BS. People are keep putting opinions in the debate when it doesnt really matter.

Dante > Vergil
Case Closed. No one is even hating on Vergil this time. It is a FACT that Dante is stronger than Vergil as well as beaten Vergil TWICE! COME ON PEOPLE! This isnt rocket science! Use common sense ppl......damn!

Sparda™

^ Calm down.

They have a share amount of power and there are proof for that.

The thing is, these kind of threads are overdone.

first of all we don't know what was sparda fighting for and we don't know what is his intentions

second this is my opinion this is how i see the fight between vergil and dante in DMC3

vergil is actually traning dante. think about it why would someone stronge as vergil didn't went to dante's office and stole the amulet insted of that he sent arkham and some demons as an invitation

maybe it is becuse vergil got what he needs. maybe vergils intention was to awake the devil inside dante if not then why didn't he kill him after the end of the first fight?

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
See, this is what I'm talking about. Bringing speculations into a debate like this one is dumb. There is NO need to speculate. Facts are CLEAR.

- Vergil wasnt "training" Dante. He got his ass whooped by Dante. Vergil actually GAVE HIS ALL!
- NO Vergil and Dante ARENT equal in power! People need to stop spreading this bull****! They powers greatly vary during the course of the game, alot.
- Dante whooped Vergil. Just face it. He whooped his ass! Stop trying to rationalize it by saying either Vergil wasnt trying or some other BS.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Hey guys, I have a couple of options ^^:

1. Agree to disagree and STFU. (Yes I said it. Not trying to be mean, but seriously though.)
2. Ask Vergil yourselves. (That's simple, why didn't you guys just do that in the first place?)

Both twins suck, alright?

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Im actually a fan of both twins and my username should of made it obvious that I wasn't being serious about saying they suck. So whose the real idiot? Before you start calling someone names you should really think about that.

I was being sarcastic when I said the twins suck, duh. Almost everyone on this forum knows that the Sparda twins are my fav characters. Why the sarcasm? Because no body wants to respect anyone's opinion anymore, this forum is being distroyed by this bull**** and i've tried so hard, SO hard, to be nice to some of you. And apparently it's not working, im so ****ing sick of this ****, if it wasn't for Tony_Redgrave and a few other members id leave this forum.

Im not even usually like this, but i've been driven to behave this way, some of the older members realize this. Pfft! The ones that are left anyway.

As I said, being nice just doesn't seem to cut it anymore. Aw what's wrong am I off topic? Heh! We all know that doesn't even matter anymore every damn topic in this forum is off topic. Hell the name of every topic from now on should be, "What's your favorate DMC game...or any other subject you wish to talk about or pointlessly debate about?"

I loved this forum so much when I first joined, people had logical interesting theories, respectable debates, on topic topics, topics that had a point, ect. Not anymore! >_> I can't even answer a noobie's question without a thousand people disagreeing with a fact.

*sigh*

Oh and btw vergistar, even if I didn't like the twins, I love how you would consider me an idiot for it. (That was sarcasm too, incase you couldn't figure it out.) Nevermind my screen name, I could always change my mind about liking or disliking a character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom