• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante now a half-devil and half-angel being?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsssloki

Schmoto dragon
I thought Dante was the son of Sparda (a demon) and Eva (a human). However, in Ninja Theory’s game Dante is a young man coming to terms with his demon and angel abilities. This is a key mechanic in DmC Devil May Cry since Dante can transform the Rebellion into a holy scythe or a devilish axe.
Article here

I actually started tearing up. This is just the cherry on top of everything on this reboot. Not only have they completely changed an amazing series, ruined our beloved iconic and beloved Dante into an "emo-looking" punk, changed Fortuna City into Limbo City, but now he's not even half-human but half-angel. Seriously Capcom? Seriously?

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
they haven't changed Fortuna. Dante is only in Fortuna for Devil May Cry4. they city Dante lives in was never named in the original cannon.

DmC Dante is not in any way emo his outfit is british punk. and we haven't seen enough of his personality to say what he is like but there is no sign that he will have an "emo" personality. he seems to be a bit sadistic but that is all we can confirm. the new art seems to show a bit of the original Dante's personality

the half-angel thing is a big change but we knew from the beginning that things were going to be different. this change could be very interesting. there are a milion worse things they could have done with DmC Dante.

Ultima

Obsessed Green Day Fangirl ^^
imo just bc they give him a scythe doesnt mean tht he's half-angel.....or maybe im wrong and NT is gonna make Dante half-devil half-angel....tht would kinda suck if they do tht imo

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
they haven't changed Fortuna. Dante is only in Fortuna for Devil May Cry4. they city Dante lives in was never named in the original cannon.

DmC Dante is not in any way emo his outfit is british punk. and we haven't seen enough of his personality to say what he is like but there is no sign that he will have an "emo" personality. he seems to be a bit sadistic but that is all we can confirm. the new art seems to show a bit of the original Dante's personality

the half-angel thing is a big change but we knew from the beginning that things were going to be different. this change could be very interesting. there are a milion worse things they could have done with DmC Dante.

I totally agree with your points. It could of been a lot worse, but it wasn't =)

Emerald

has the manliest avatar on the site
In all honesty, I'm 'meh' about the half angel thing, but I'd LOVE to see what they do with it. Angel trigger? FIGHTING angels? I'd love that. Maybe multiple endings depending on which side you use most...?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
In all honesty, I'm 'meh' about the half angel thing, but I'd LOVE to see what they do with it. Angel trigger? FIGHTING angels? I'd love that. Maybe multiple endings depending on which side you use most...?

That would be a cool feature. As the game goes along you have a 'good' and 'bad' metre/gauge. The more times you're violent and destructive towards the environment and people the more you increase the bad side of you. You could have humans being attacked by demons on streets and rooftops and if you decide not to help them you increase your evil demonic side. If you choose to help them you enlighten your good angelic side. In the end your fate is determined by the side you choose.

OriginalOutcast

Doesn't anyone get it? Tameem is not only Destroying DMC but Ripping off Little Nicky with it's half Angel/Demon Symbolism Bullshit!

dante_walk_explode_psd_jpgcopy.jpg

"Symbolism!"

Emerald

I still wanna know how half angel/half demon = skinny, drug addicted looking punk who smokes and is sadistic. Seems more like demon then me, cause I do not think angels act like that. This game, in all honesty, SHOULDN'T be a Devil May Cry game. It should be a completely different game. It just... doesn't seem like DMC... at all....

V

Oldschool DMC fan
That would be a cool feature. As the game goes along you have a 'good' and 'bad' metre/gauge. The more times you're violent and destructive towards the environment and people the more you increase the bad side of you. You could have humans being attacked by demons on streets and rooftops and if you decide not to help them you increase your evil demonic side. If you choose to help them you enlighten your good angelic side. In the end your fate is determined by the side you choose.

While an alternate ending might be interesting, depending on what you do in-game... the good/bad meter thing is nothing new... it's even getting to be a bit cliche. Black & White's system of making your appearance change with how good or bad you act, Mass Effect's paragon/renegade gauge (or the Star Wars games before that) etc. But in the latter what you do and what points you choose to use on good or evil persuasion techniques actually has an effect on what you can do later in the game. What effect would it have in a stylish action game beyond changing cutscenes or maybe giving a good/bad ending? I mean, it's a neat finishing touch that your appearance may change, or that there may be another ending, but unless they make it central to the game and the story, it's going to be gimmicky and superficial.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
While an alternate ending might be interesting, depending on what you do in-game... the good/bad meter thing is nothing new... it's even getting to be a bit cliche. Black & White's system of making your appearance change with how good or bad you act, Mass Effect's paragon/renegade gauge (or the Star Wars games before that) etc. But in the latter what you do and what points you choose to use on good or evil persuasion techniques actually has an effect on what you can do later in the game. What effect would it have in a stylish action game beyond changing cutscenes or maybe giving a good/bad ending? I mean, it's a neat finishing touch that your appearance may change, or that there may be another ending, but unless they make it central to the game and the story, it's going to be gimmicky and superficial.

It's all about going in a new direction though, right? Everyone wants to feel like this is a DMC game when it 'isn't'. It's Ninja Theory's take on DMC, it's a Reboot. They could of replaced Dante's head with a chicken's and told us all to suck it up because it's happening. They've changed his style back to something more respectable. He did look ugly as sin before they changed him back. His hair was horrible before in my opinion.

You're right, it is gimmicky as you say...BUT, it's new and fresh (At least to Devil may Cry) And I never said the idea hadn't been done before. I was highly aware that it was nothing new. But it is new to Devil may Cry, and they're going with this whole good/bad thing. Where are they taking it? If they're going to have Dante have multiple sides then surely they'd want to show that in the game. Him just being half demon and half angel in the game without it even being relevant to the story or the game-play (Making very little difference, if any) then it's pointless making it that way. Fair enough it does explain several things, at least to me. But it's not sufficient enough to add it in without having a certain feature of game-play that takes that idea and tries to incorporate it into the game itself. That's why I came up with this idea for DmC, because it's different to what we've seen before. They wouldn't go with this anyway though. They'll stick to the basic idea of how DMC's game-play was, hack and slash. It's a shame they'll be hardly any expansion to the ideas and things we've come to know in Devil May Cry. They'll be a change in Dante's and everyone else's story line. Different weapons and environments, bosses and items. But nothing new that we haven't already seen before.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Yeah, they're custom (he'd want to fix the slide on the left-handed gun). Although I would have imagined Dante might be in possession of Luce and Ombra before then...

...Unless those are supposed to be the very same.

Asmodaius

I think it sounds intruiging. I've always loved demonic and angelic aspects in games, especially when done in a creative way. Taking someone like Dante and make him split between good and evil could actually work for him. I just hope NT pulls it off in a good way.

Dante's Inferno (the game) tried to do it in their gameplay, but I didn't like how simplistic and cliché it was done. But knowing NT's past works, I have faith in them. Their games might not have been the best gameplay and graphics wise, but they do know how to tell a great story and make a great world-setting through games.

Emerald

Yeah, they're custom (he'd want to fix the slide on the left-handed gun). Although I would have imagined Dante might be in possession of Luce and Ombra before then...

I like to think he first started out with Luce and Ombra when he was younger, then he may've used them as bases for his own beloveds; Ebony and Ivory.

Reanbell

Your very own star
It sounds AWFUl. Half angel half demon? What the hell were they thinking? This is like everything I've read in the worst fanfiction in my life.
New direction, my ass.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black

that'd be kinda weird since Trish has Luce & Ombra (doesn't she?)

It sounds AWFUl. Half angel half demon? What the hell were they thinking? This is like everything I've read in the worst fanfiction in my life.
New direction, my ass.
it wasn't one of mine wuz it? :oops:

ps. I will now attempt to mature and avoid the joke I had in mind :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom