• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante May Not Be Human

Railazel

Consider the following:
1. Dante had been stabbed through the alone but experiences no paralysis.

2. He is able to move with blades in his arms and legs with no further damage done to them.

3. He changes his face a lot.

4. His pain tolerance seems very selective.

I hypothesize that Dante has a different biology than that of humans.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
mind-blowing.gif

I would have never guessed since he's half demon and all.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Thanks for making me feel like an idiot.
To be honest you did walk right into it with how you started the thread but were you trying to say something else tho?

and the thing with the faces is more of a technical thing rather than a story reason.

The Final Offer

Vergil's mission was to lose all of his humanity. Dante's was the opposite.

The thing is, if you can lose all of your humanity to embrace a devil gene, then you weren't human to begin with.

Railazel

To be honest you did walk right into it with how you started the thread but were you trying to say something else tho?

and the thing with the faces is more of a technical thing rather than a story reason.

I was referring to his biology (I clicked "create thread" without adding the "in biology" part) but I wasn't expecting all the rudeness considering that him not being human is common knowledge. I was hoping you guys would ask me to clarify first before giving me sarcastic memes.

Anyway, the common assumption is that Dante is human in biology but his pain tolerance is just extraordinarily high. I'm hypothesizing that he isn't and that the way his body works is completely different from our's. If that be the case, I'm also theorizing that he's able to change his facial features and possibly, like a white- haired The Doctor, he can change personalities along with them. This would explain a lot and give an in-game explanation for the way he is without having to worry about the background information.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I was referring to his biology (I clicked "create thread" without adding the "in biology" part) but I wasn't expecting all the rudeness considering that him not being human is common knowledge. I was hoping you guys would ask me to clarify first before giving me sarcastic memes.

Anyway, the common assumption is that Dante is human in biology but his pain tolerance is just extraordinarily high. I'm hypothesizing that he isn't and that the way his body works is completely different from our's. If that be the case, I'm also theorizing that he's able to change his facial features and possibly, like a white- haired The Doctor, he can change personalities along with them. This would explain a lot and give an in-game explanation for the way he is without having to worry about the background information.
I think your trying to hard to give a reason to something that is either a technical issue or a a case of sloppy storytelling but its your call.

I dont mind the idea of going more in depth with his condition, explaining how being half-demon actually works and maybe explaining differences between certain half-demons etc.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I think your going at it the wrong way. You are trying to add science to something that is preternatural, that is not bound by science or possibly logic. The things that Dante can do are not things that can be labeled or categorized via the scientific method. I'd be like describing a song through science, yes it can be done, but you'd be missing the point.

Railazel

I think your going at it the wrong way. You are trying to add science to something that is preternatural, that is not bound by science or logic.

People have said the same thing about Superman yet there's a theory explaining his powers. I understand the sentiment, DMC as a whole is supernatural by nature, but if something can be explained scientifically, why not do it?

I think your trying to hard to give a reason to something that is either a technical issue or a a case of sloppy storytelling but its your call.

Like I said, I'm giving an in- game explanation for the stuff that happens. I'm well- aware of the technical stuff.

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
you're acting like a 12 year old now. If you can't even handle some sarcasm you shouldn't have made the thread.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
As for change face it's pretty irrelevant, otherwise you can count characters like Lara not human also. (let's not forget about DA1 to DA2 changes)
As for rest ... Remember this girl:
claire-bloody-hand-screenshot.jpg

She can cut her fingers, break bones and still not suffer from pain-shock or paralysis. BAsically her regeneration is so high that her nerves probably regeneration at rapid pace, making her pain-immune. Most likely same goes for Dante. Oh, and btw, she also ages despite her regeneration level

berto

I Saw the Devil
People have said the same thing about Superman yet there's a theory explaining his powers. I understand the sentiment, DMC as a whole is supernatural by nature, but if something can be explained scientifically, why not do it?
Superman is an alien. There is nothing inexplicable about him. BS science, yes, but not inexplicable. Anyone who says otherwise is just trying to make excuses cover up for something someone called BS on. In that case I say who cares, it's Superman, of course it's BS, doesn't remove the entertainment value.

Anyway. Like I said, you can explain it through science all you want but it'd be like logically explaining why something is funny, you can, but is it the right way to go about it.

Railazel

but is it the right way to go about it.

That's a question of personal preference. Guys like me think explaining things leads to more questions, so I'm more interested in the characters than I was before I started questioning their traits and stuff.

As for change face it's pretty irrelevant, otherwise you can count characters like Lara not human also. (let's not forget about DA1 to DA2 changes)
As for rest ... Remember this girl:
claire-bloody-hand-screenshot.jpg

She can cut her fingers, break bones and still not suffer from pain-shock or paralysis. BAsically her regeneration is so high that her nerves prcbc vyobably regeneration at rapid pace, making her pain-immune. Most likely same goes for Dante. Oh, and btw, she also ages despite her regeneration level

Dante's changing face is sort of relevant since he is supposed to age similar to us.

Him changing faces three to five times in a single year doesn't equate to aging.

And Claire and Dante are two different cases. One survived a nuclear blast and the other fainted when his brother stabbed him in the stomach.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
And Claire and Dante are two different cases. One survived a nuclear blast and the other fainted when his brother stabbed him in the stomach.
now to be fair to Dante
he was exhausted by the fight because Vergil was stronger then him
also he didn't faint
he was in middle of getting back up when Vergil stabbed him with rebellion
at 1:50

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Dante's changing face is sort of relevant since he is supposed to age similar to us.

Him changing faces three to five times in a single year doesn't equate to aging.

Well Claire fainted when
when Syler opened her head to look at her brain too xD
And like I said changing faces depends mostly on engine and tech game made with.

Sunaka Marién

I've been thinking about this for a while now, but what do you mean by his face changing? He looks pretty much the same to me in all the games exept for DMC3, but that's natural since he's younger there :/

Railazel

I've been thinking about this for a while now, but what do you mean by his face changing? He looks pretty much the same to me in all the games exept for DMC3, but that's natural since he's younger there :/

He has three different versions of himself at the age of 28: DMC 3's DMC 1 costume (him at the start of his business), DMC 1, and Anime. All three of them have different facial features.

Well Claire fainted when
when Syler opened her head to look at her brain too xD
And like I said changing faces depends mostly on engine and tech game made with.

And I'll repeat: "I know about the background stuff." That still doesn't give an in- game reason though. And I would imagine having your skull opened up is a far more painful injury than a stab in the stomach.

now to be fair to Dante
he was exhausted by the fight because Vergil was stronger then him
also he didn't faint
he was in middle of getting back up when Vergil stabbed him with rebellion
at 1:50

He fell unconscious then woke back up (he twitches right before he gets up). Otherwise why would he be so dramatic about falling backwards?

Top Bottom