• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Crossovers

EllDawn

Actually, by the time Lords of Shadow 2 comes around, Alucard has accepted what he has become, he stopped using Dark Pain (the whip he had in Mirror of Fate) because it reminded him of his past life, while he did visit Sypha's tomb (which was suprising, since she was killed by werewolves (they're not ones for leaving corpses behind) he got used to being like his father, however what seperates the two vampires is what they do, Dracula kills anyone (innocents and other people) because he is simply a cold blooded killer who enjoys death and destruction (Zobek points this out) and does not care who he feeds on, Alucard on the other hand fights his fathers servants, does not prey on innocents and watches over people when not contending to his old man (my guess for his reason for killing Brotherhood soldiers, warriors and Clerics is because they used him that same way they used his dad and self defense.)
The whole hunting down humanity is not for his vengence (Satan and Zobek were scared ****less to even face him) but rather a result for what he became, sure he fed on them to survive and whatnot, but the way he saw the grand sceme of the prophecy (after he defeated the Forgotten One) was simple, God gave him one road to travel, and he made the most of it, if God wants him to stand against Satan and deal with the following crap, then he will name his price for humanity's protection against Satan. the price was humanity, so he has his forces raze and slaughter towns, cities, villages, etc... while the Brotherhood try over and over to end him, only to fail each time.
Where did you hear about him visiting Sypha's tomb? Or the reason why he stopped using the whip? I didn't even find those in the wiki.

At the beginning of LOS2 you can still see that Alucard resents what he is and his father for making him into a vampire, so he hadn't completely accepted it. I tend to think that came more with working with Dracul and creating more of a bond with him.

I didn't think it was. Though in the first game I think Gabriel would have given up anything just to have Marie back. So, at that point, he was all ready on his way to becoming Dracul because of how empty he was anyway when it came to feeling for anyone or anything else. And, really, there was always a choice for him. He didn't see it, but there was. It would have begun with questioning everything more, especially what the brotherhood was sending him to do. He followed everything the brotherhood and Zobek said when he really didn't have to.

Devils Never Cry

Devil Hunter
Premium
If we're talking about the original series then Castlevania
This needs to happen. I would love to see Dante vs a Belmont, or maybe even Alucard. (not the one from Lords of Shadow).

blog_thumbnail_12235447.png

Yes, dream match right there! :D

Elijah Guerrero

Where did you hear about him visiting Sypha's tomb? Or the reason why he stopped using the whip? I didn't even find those in the wiki.

At the beginning of LOS2 you can still see that Alucard resents what he is and his father for making him into a vampire, so he hadn't completely accepted it. I tend to think that came more with working with Dracul and creating more of a bond with him.

I didn't think it was. Though in the first game I think Gabriel would have given up anything just to have Marie back. So, at that point, he was all ready on his way to becoming Dracul because of how empty he was anyway when it came to feeling for anyone or anything else. And, really, there was always a choice for him. He didn't see it, but there was. It would have begun with questioning everything more, especially what the brotherhood was sending him to do. He followed everything the brotherhood and Zobek said when he really didn't have to.

if you read his page in the LoS2 travelbook it states that he visited Sypha's tomb at one point, also if you look on the wiki page for the Dark Pain (his whip in Mirror of Fate) it's stated as a possible reason why he stopped using it because it reminded him of his past life, so he stopped using it to distance himself from his former identity). He did come to terms about being a vampire but he also points out that Dracula had a choice to let him die that night or 'save' him, Dracula tried to save him. Hell, he even stated that Trevor died a long time ago and he is now Alucard.

my reasoning behind Gabriel's fall into darkness was a cumulation of being used by the brotherhood, lied to about the mask, Zobek and Satan using him for their goals, and the things he did. Watching Marie leave for heaven, becoming a vampire and absorbing the Forgotten One's power as he killed it was essentially the final straw for him.

EllDawn

if you read his page in the LoS2 travelbook it states that he visited Sypha's tomb at one point, also if you look on the wiki page for the Dark Pain (his whip in Mirror of Fate) it's stated as a possible reason why he stopped using it because it reminded him of his past life, so he stopped using it to distance himself from his former identity). He did come to terms about being a vampire but he also points out that Dracula had a choice to let him die that night or 'save' him, Dracula tried to save him. Hell, he even stated that Trevor died a long time ago and he is now Alucard.

my reasoning behind Gabriel's fall into darkness was a cumulation of being used by the brotherhood, lied to about the mask, Zobek and Satan using him for their goals, and the things he did. Watching Marie leave for heaven, becoming a vampire and absorbing the Forgotten One's power as he killed it was essentially the final straw for him.
I don't have the travel book, so I had no idea about that. I remember that line from the game, but he really didn't sound like he had really come to terms with it. He still sounded like he resented Dracul for it.

The spell he had cast to defeat Satan was the same one used by the lords of shadow, wasn't it? That in itself would have removed any good in him.

Elijah Guerrero

Alucard settled his differences with his dad by decking him at the train station. Not sure about the spell he used to send Satan beck to hell, could be the same, but didn't entirely work like it did for Cornell, Carmilla and Zobek (he still had signs of humanity that shown through when he sees his son and wife)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
the new Tomb Raider game

Some other capcom properties such as Viewtiful Joe, Darkstalkers, RE etc. You might have to redesign reboot them but a MarvelCU like the movies wouldnt be bad. But then again it would be better off to create a bunch of expies to fill their role.

DC comics specifically the supernatural side

Top COW comics(Witchblade, the darkness)

the Wizard of OZ

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
DmC and Berserk.

I want to see Dante attempt to try and fight Nosferatu Zodd, who by the way could murder every demon in DmC without batting an eye.

reckless_serenade

Original DMC and Buffy: the Vampire Slayer. The two protagonists are both wise-cracking, taunt-dropping, food-loving demon killers—but one of them is a tall, buff, part-demon mercenary P.I. who wields swords and firearms, and the other is a short, perky blonde teenager with inherited slaying powers who just punches the crap out of whatever gets in her way. I love imagining the stupid shenanigans Dante and Buffy would get in together.

On a similar note, DmC and Angel (the Buffy spin-off). Something about the whole "using debt to control the world" reminded me of the evil law firm Wolfram & Hart, and I can imagine Spike flirting with Kat, Vergil and Fred/Wes having intellectual face-offs, and Angel and Dante tolerating each other...but only barely, and only for long enough to save the world.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
BOTH series and Space Pirate Captain Harlock.

So the good Capt. can show the devils how A Space pirate does things.

Top Bottom