• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Confirmation: Vergil Is Definitely The Spirit In Nero's Arm

sylvanas

One Hell of a Member
Glad to know that you had no other thoughts on this topic :D.
well...i cant hear a thing either and that last comment really did make my day :) anyways i'd like to believe that vergil's soul isnt in nero's arm and i want to believe that vergil is still alive running around in the demon world somewhere trying to make a comeback :D so yeah XD

Quentarus

Message me for steam details
I can't remember where, but I do remember talking about how the "Virgil" Dante killed in DMC1 was a mimic of the original version of Virgil, After all he did do the same with Eva, making a copy turning her into Trish. but sense I cannot provide a proper source of my claim, it will remain a rumor

Railazel

well...i cant hear a thing either and that last comment really did make my day :) anyways i'd like to believe that vergil's soul isnt in nero's arm and i want to believe that vergil is still alive running around in the demon world somewhere trying to make a comeback :D so yeah XD

Follow my advice from my last post and you should here it at some point. Its very faint, so it'll take a crap load number of times before you can start hearing it.

I can't remember where, but I do remember talking about how the "Virgil" Dante killed in DMC1 was a mimic of the original version of Virgil, After all he did do the same with Eva, making a copy turning her into Trish. but sense I cannot provide a proper source of my claim, it will remain a rumor

Sadly that's all it'll ever be my friend since Nelo Angelo did have Vergil's amulet and, the first time he was defeated, he started being plagued by his former memories.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
2:11 = Sweet
2:24 = Back down
3:55 = Sweet
4:51 = Back down
5:05 = Sweet

Thats the only 2 things he ever says.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well it could be both.

Upon mundus's punishment of nelo, he split into two seperate beings.

The body is running around the demon world with little to no memories.

The soul is out of body and trying to get back to it but isnt cognizant enough to care.

Hence why he may be possessing nero.

Railazel

2:11 = Sweet
2:24 = Back down
3:55 = Sweet
4:51 = Back down
5:05 = Sweet

Thats the only 2 things he ever says.

1:20= Dante!

Try that one. Remember, its the Nero's DT that you're listening for, not Nero himself. And, like I said, you're going to have to listent to it a crap load of times because the voice is very faint. Its pretty much hidden amongst the music and sound of the DT being triggered.

Well it could be both.

Upon mundus's punishment of nelo, he split into two seperate beings.

The body is running around the demon world with little to no memories.

The soul is out of body and trying to get back to it but isnt cognizant enough to care.

Hence why he may be possessing nero.

That's a nice explanation, makes alot of sense. I made up this one theory where soul in Nero's arm is the same demon that attacked him (somehow the demon's essence was placed in his arm) and if we assume that that demon is Vergil, then it'll explain how the order was able to find pieces of his armor (he somehow ended up in Matis Forest and went on a rampage), the demon attack on the town (again, Vergil on a rampage), and gives reasons for why Vergil's soul is in Nero's arm (reasons meaning that it was intentional, I don't believe he's searching for his body, I think he was actually trying to escape from it, which is why he is in Nero's arm and allowing him full command over his soul. Its understandable that his will would be incognizant but then you have to consider that in DMC1, at least to me, his defeat wasn't a "oh I'm dying" moment, it seemed more like he was finally breaking free of his curse, which could possibly lead to a split between his soul and body, but this is all mere speculation on my part)

extra life

live dt demonstration
the connection between nero and vergil is too obvious to be ignored. first,nero was the only one that managed to restore yamato,second,in one of nero's dt attacks,you can hear him say: you're going down. the exact tone and words vergil uses,also the speech about power. to name just a few. i somehow think nero has a bigger connection to vergil then being just possesed or holding his spirit. it is possible that nero may be a part of vergil's soul. i never played devil may cry 1 so i don't know about exactly what happened afterwards other then what people say happened. some say nero is a reincarnation of vergil. it is possible he is yet to restore his power and it all started with yamato being the first bit. that actually seams as a most logical explaination to me.

Railazel

the connection between nero and vergil is too obvious to be ignored. first,nero was the only one that managed to restore yamato,second,in one of nero's dt attacks,you can hear him say: you're going down. the exact tone and words vergil uses,also the speech about power. to name just a few. i somehow think nero has a bigger connection to vergil then being just possesed or holding his spirit. it is possible that nero may be a part of vergil's soul. i never played devil may cry 1 so i don't know about exactly what happened afterwards other then what people say happened. some say nero is a reincarnation of vergil. it is possible he is yet to restore his power and it all started with yamato being the first bit. that actually seams as a most logical explaination to me.

Pretty much, Dante and Vergil fought each other three times in DMC1. After DMC3, Vergil became corrupted by Mundus and had served as Nelo Angelo, aka Dark Angel. The first time they had fought, Nelo reacted to Dante's amulet, I'm not sure about the second time, but in their last fight Nelo had revealed himself as Vergil and he challenged Dante in one last showdown. In the end, Vergil started to have some weird internal struggle and had disappeared in an eruption of energy.

Now, is it possible that Nero is Vergil's reincarnation? Not really, because Nero was already a child by the time Vergil had died. Dante and Vergil were in their early twenties (can't remember there exact age) in DMC1, by that time Nero would've been about 8- 13 years old.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
That's a nice explanation, makes alot of sense. I made up this one theory where soul in Nero's arm is the same demon that attacked him (somehow the demon's essence was placed in his arm) and if we assume that that demon is Vergil, then it'll explain how the order was able to find pieces of his armor (he somehow ended up in Matis Forest and went on a rampage), the demon attack on the town (again, Vergil on a rampage), and gives reasons for why Vergil's soul is in Nero's arm (reasons meaning that it was intentional, I don't believe he's searching for his body, I think he was actually trying to escape from it, which is why he is in Nero's arm and allowing him full command over his soul. Its understandable that his will would be incognizant but then you have to consider that in DMC1, at least to me, his defeat wasn't a "oh I'm dying" moment, it seemed more like he was finally breaking free of his curse, which could possibly lead to a split between his soul and body, but this is all mere speculation on my part)

Maybe the order was experimenting with Devil Gate and he manges to cross thru.
The order doesnt know its Nero and assume its just a regular demon, so they send credo and nero's team to go retrieve it for study.
Thats when everything goes Black Hawk Down.

To go on your second point, He might be trying to escape Nero Angelo. NA could be a Devil arm consisting of the armor and sword. It might be based of someone vergil defeated and Mundus used it in attempt to further control Vergil by giving him someone wjo can watch his every move.

I haven't played DMC1 yet so i would take your word for it.

So why did vergil go to nero then?

Ultima

Obsessed Green Day Fangirl ^^
Wouldnt it be great if the Vergil ghost inside Nero's arm just decided to be a troll one day and started taking full control of Nero's arm and made Nero punch himself over and over?? *sigh* I would get a kick out of that xD

Railazel

Ah! I just had an epiphany. I think the spirit in Nero's arm didn't come as a result the demon's attack on Nero's arm but from Yamato. Here's why:

1) Nero's spirit was incomplete when we first see it since it was nothing but an arm. The case might be that it was just what it was, nothing more. This explains why it absorbs various demonic artifacts, trying to find ways to increase its power and naturally complete itself. So if it finds an object with a soul, wouldn't the soul be a source of power for the arm? Even moreso, wouldn't the arm use the soul's shape to make a form for itself?

2) Yamato is a Devil Arm. As Devil Arms go, they all contain the soul of a Devil. Vergil is a Devil as well, thus Yamato is his Devil Arm and so wouldn't it be natural that his soul would be in it? That would explain why, despite him being Vergil and Vergil not being the most obedient person we know, he's being quite cooperative. Even if we assume that his soul is incognizant, we don't know how he got that way neither do we know any way he could've gone into Nero's arm. But if we assume his spirit was just dormant in Yamato and it reacted to Nero's Devil Bringer, then everything makes sense.

And that's about it. I think this makes sense, it definitely answers alot of questions.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
There is more proof that Vergil is in Neros arm.
During the cutscene where Nero resurrects Yamato, Nero says to Agnus...
"From that day on, my arm changed. A voice echoes in me...Power! I need...more...power!
If I become a demon, then so be it. I will endure the exile..."
Vergil always had an obsession with power. This cutscene tells the tale on how Nero got his arm, from Vergil!

Evil Nero

All theories and speculations, my friends. This was conversed heavily back when I was an active member and the Vergil in the arm theory got disproved. I don't remember how it got disproved but there was a HUGE forum discussion about it.

However, as I'm older, I'll go with this theory. All we need is some confirmation from Capcom about how he obtained the arm. I doubt he was born with it as he says "From that day on" in a cutscene.

Nero's still a relative of Dante, let's not forget that.

sylvanas

One Hell of a Member
tumblr_lv5ezjD5781qck4qro3_250.gif

may i say badass? ;P

CHAOSBRINGER546

its better to burn out than to fade away
Premium
I like to think of Nero as a temporary vessel. I've a theory that states that Vergil does understand the situation he's in, he just can't do anything because he's nothing more than a lingering soul and uses Nero as just a vessel for when he needs to do the stuff he wants.

Hey, I just pondered onto something. What if the spirit on Nero's back happened to be the same demon that attacked him? And if that spirit happens to be Vergil, that means that the demon that had attacked would be Vergil (more or less). Which would explain the supposed "demon attack," the main reason why Yamato was attracted to Nero, and what had happened to Vergil.
maybe yamato wasnt drawn to him maybe virgils soul is in yamato and virgil noticed that nero was strong enough for him to rest inside of him through yamato
this is just another thought lol :)

Evil Nero

I always thought the Vergils' latent power in the sword is what triggered Nero's Devil Trigger but Nero himself isn't near the stage of fully unlocking it, hence why he can only use his Devil Trigger with Yamato.

Just throwing that out there.

ZeroLove

I always thought the Vergils' latent power in the sword is what triggered Nero's Devil Trigger but Nero himself isn't near the stage of fully unlocking it, hence why he can only use his Devil Trigger with Yamato.

I find this alot more believable than Vergil's soul being in Nero's arm. XD

Evil Nero

I'm not denying that Vergil isn't playing some part on Nero's Devil Trigger, the floating figure does resemble what Vergil's Devil Trigger would look like.

But only the colour.

The design of the DT is different. You'd think it resembles Nelo Angelo but there's quite a few differences if you compare. It could possibly be the latent power in Yamato having a permanent effect on Nero's DT. But, sadly, s'all speculation and theories, still.

Railazel

maybe yamato wasnt drawn to him maybe virgils soul is in yamato and virgil noticed that nero was strong enough for him to rest inside of him through yamato
this is just another thought lol :)

Look at this.

Ah! I just had an epiphany. I think the spirit in Nero's arm didn't come as a result the demon's attack on Nero's arm but from Yamato. Here's why:

1) Nero's spirit was incomplete when we first see it since it was nothing but an arm. The case might be that it was just what it was, nothing more. This explains why it absorbs various demonic artifacts, trying to find ways to increase its power and naturally complete itself. So if it finds an object with a soul, wouldn't the soul be a source of power for the arm? Even moreso, wouldn't the arm use the soul's shape to make a form for itself?

2) Yamato is a Devil Arm. As Devil Arms go, they all contain the soul of a Devil. Vergil is a Devil as well, thus Yamato is his Devil Arm and so wouldn't it be natural that his soul would be in it? That would explain why, despite him being Vergil and Vergil not being the most obedient person we know, he's being quite cooperative. Even if we assume that his soul is incognizant, we don't know how he got that way neither do we know any way he could've gone into Nero's arm. But if we assume his spirit was just dormant in Yamato and it reacted to Nero's Devil Bringer, then everything makes sense.

And that's about it. I think this makes sense, it definitely answers alot of questions.

There is more proof that Vergil is in Neros arm.
During the cutscene where Nero resurrects Yamato, Nero says to Agnus...
"From that day on, my arm changed. A voice echoes in me...Power! I need...more...power!
If I become a demon, then so be it. I will endure the exile..."
Vergil always had an obsession with power. This cutscene tells the tale on how Nero got his arm, from Vergil!

The exact quote is "From that day forth... my arm changed... and a voice echoed... 'Power... Give me more power!' "

Here's the thing, what does he mean by "and a voice echoed..."? Where did the voice come from? Did it echo inside his head or from somewhere else? Furthermore, when did the voice begin echoing? Nero says the his arm changed gradually, so did the voice echoe when his arm was complete, when he was first attacked, or somewhere in between?

Top Bottom