• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Confirmation: Vergil Is Definitely The Spirit In Nero's Arm

Railazel

I have found definite proof within the game that Nero's DT is Vergil. If you are able to, for those of you who have the game, go straight to the 2nd fight against Dante. Before that, make sure your DT gauge is full. Now, when you get chance, I want you to DT but I want you to listen very carefully the moment that you do. You should be able to hear a faint voice calling to Dante, lower the BG music if you can. For the rest of you, watch this:

If you can't hear it, just replay it a couple of times and you should. I don't know whether this has been said before, so forgive me if it has, but I think this is definite proof that Vergil is Nero's DT. Now the only question is how did he get inside Nero's arm?

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
I by no means intend this to sound negative but don't you think the thread title is a bit misleading? it's well noticed but it's not a confirmation it's just speculation. :)

Railazel

I by no means intend this to sound negative but don't you think the thread title is a bit misleading? it's well noticed but it's not a confirmation it's just speculation. :)

At this point, it might as well be confirmation. There's no doubt that Nero has some connection to Vergil or that Vergil has something to do with Nero and his arm, the proof I just pulled up pretty much completes it. I mean who else would be calling out "Dante..." other than Sparda himself? In fact, Sparda's the only other candidate for "possession" of Nero's arm, but he's been dead for about 30 years, why pop up now? And why pop up in a teenager's arm?

his ghost could be possessing it.

That's basically the theory. But the question is is how did he and why? My theory is that Vergil's soul had been left within the some of the pieces of his armor. Maybe Nero's arm is under the influence of those pieces.

"Please for the love of God Nero, don't scratch your ass".

"Or Judgement Cut your ass from your arm!"

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Vergil might be possessing nero in order to siphon off nero's lifeforce into his own to regain his strength.

You think he might be trying to take full control of Nero's body?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
the thing is, he might not be cognizant to notice that he has possessed nero. He has come to posses nero on impulse and instinct as his spirit is very weak. He just wants to survive, no big game plans in general. But after a while when he is more cognizant, he might think like that.

Railazel

I like to think of Nero as a temporary vessel. I've a theory that states that Vergil does understand the situation he's in, he just can't do anything because he's nothing more than a lingering soul and uses Nero as just a vessel for when he needs to do the stuff he wants.

Hey, I just pondered onto something. What if the spirit on Nero's back happened to be the same demon that attacked him? And if that spirit happens to be Vergil, that means that the demon that had attacked would be Vergil (more or less). Which would explain the supposed "demon attack," the main reason why Yamato was attracted to Nero, and what had happened to Vergil.

Railazel

I cant either so just lie and say you do.

Am I the only one who can't hear a thing?

Dang, that's cold! Seriously though, you won't hear it at first. You have to play the thing over and over again in order. I would suggest replaying the first time Nero DTs since that's the only time you can clearly (sort of) hear it.

that really cracked me up! XD

Glad to know that you had no other thoughts on this topic :D.

Top Bottom