• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Concept Art Oddities

berto

I Saw the Devil
It is possible that demons can posses people in the moment of weakness. The singer in the anime got possessed cause she realized she wasn't getting famous fast enough and it made her easier to manipulate. By the time she realized what she had done it was already too late.

Lady might be strong and knowledgeable of demons, but she probably still has moments of doubting herself. It can start with a whisper that seems to come out of her head, and as it gets louder so her mental defense gets weaker until the moment is right. Of course, if this is the trick the demon uses, then possessing her again once she knows what's going on is impossible.

Maybe, but she's been in the business for a long time by that point. If she knew that was a possibility what has prevented her from falling victim at times when she was feeling weak? Why this time? Because, plot. That's all I can think of. Chances are we can make better speculations than they reasons when I'm sure it didn't occur to them to explain a how.

Goldsickle

From what I read, Hideki Kamiya was kinda insistent on making this game into RE4.

An article I read says that Shinji Mikami took three months to convince Kamiya's team to turn the "Stylish RE4" into a separate IP.
So the "Stylish RE4" turning into DMC is not because of other factors like "orders from above" or anything like that but after a prolonged negotiation.

Imagine what would happen if negotiation failed and Kamiya's "Stylish RE4" became the final RE4.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
You mean RE6...? :tongue:
Nah, RE 6 is just a Michael Bay abortion picked up by Capcom.

I would imagine it being more of an elaborate brawler where you play someone like Wesker. Something tells me it would have been similar to something like God Hand.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Nah, RE 6 is just a Michael Bay abortion picked up by Capcom.

I would imagine it being more of an elaborate brawler where you play someone like Wesker. Something tells me it would have been similar to something like God Hand.

I just think of just about everything with Jake.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Jake is best left forgotten. *shudders*
RE 6 was "Horrifying" in a bad way but jake's campaign was just.. ugh..
puke.gif

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Kamiya's take on RE4 was about Spencer's son who has actual super powers, using a virus.

You're not controlling a character similar to Jake but a character more similar to Wesker.

Not quite getting the joke >.<

Either way, isn't Jake s'posed to be Wesker's kid, possessing super badass powers because of a virus...?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@TWOxACROSS
I thought the same thing. I thought Jake as being DMC3 Dante-esque so Im guessing they dusted off some of these old ideas so it comes full circle:D

But I think it would have ended up a cross of what you and Chancey were talking about.

His powers arent explored in depth but he seems to be a peak human being (like Captain America)

Top Bottom