• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Concept Art Oddities

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
So I was looking through the concept art for the HD Collection and found a character that apparently was entirely cut from DMC1. There are only two pictures of him and he appears to be the aristocrat that everyone assumed was Sparda, but it lists him as "Spencer". So I'm wondering, was this meant to be Oswell E. Spencer, a la Resident Evil, or an entirely new character?

I also noticed a few cut bosses and enemies that seemed to be more related to Resident Evil than DMC. (Which makes sense, since DMC1 was the "finished" product of the RE4 beta) Things like enemies having "G" in their name like the G-Virus. Infected crows, snakes, leeches and the like. The one that looks especially like a G creature is the dog, which has a split head, extra limbs and eyeballs all over its body, characteristics of the virus.

I also only saw one picture of Vergil, but he appeared to be mostly unchanged from his DMC3 version. The only differences were that his coat was buttoned up instead of open, and his gold filigree was missing. He was also holding a gun, so apparently he was originally meant to be more like his brother.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
As you may know , that man was not Sparda.He was to be the Count Spencer, Dante would be Tony and Vergil would be Paul. Since most of the fans didn't know Spencer and usually his pictures don't have a name, people assumed to be Sparda.
Tony's final boss was to be that Count Spencer( who was, by the way, his father) and not Mundus. While a lot of that RE4 beta migrated to DMC as we know now, some of the things migrated to RE4 final version.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
As you may know , that man was not Sparda.He was to be the Count Spencer, Dante would be Tony and Vergil would be Paul. Since most of the fans didn't know Spencer and usually his pictures don't have a name, people assumed to be Sparda.
Tony's final boss was to be that Count Spencer( who was, by the way, his father) and not Mundus. While a lot of that RE4 beta migrated to DMC as we know now, some of the things migrated to RE4 final version.

So basically, Spencer was the original idea for Osmund Saddler?

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Did anyone else see the Sparda infants curled up under the Umbrella Logo in the Concept Art? That was pretty awesome.

Gel

Premium
Yes, but at that time they weren't Sparda's children, but Spencer's. Tony was an enhanced human being (very much like Cobra) instead of Cambion and their mother was still alive ( but she wasn't Eva)

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014

Where did you get this Info from? :cautious:

Gel

Premium
Artbooks and rumors, mate! But it's a shame artbooks are rarely sent worldwide.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well it feels certain parts of this concept was used for Jake Mueller such as the villian was my dad and being a superhuman mercenary etc which is funny as i always thought of Jake being RE's version of DMC3 Dante/Nero.

Im guessing they used Wesker instead since he's a fan favorite villian and spencer was already revealed and died etc. But i think the choice was made for efficiency because using Wesker would take less time and to set up future games with following Jake and his lineage.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Pictures are missing but my mind is still blown! :eek: BLOWN DO YOU HEAR ME! :bored:
This is old so the pictures are long gone from whatever image hosting service it belonged to.

I found it on a Resident Evil site but the post shut down ages ago so I could not tell you what the images that match the text are but they are from the Graphic Edition art book.

berto

I Saw the Devil
We have the name. I have So MUCH DMC1 materials I've collected but because no one posts on the threads they get buried on the back pages of the forums. I would love the chance to make a page for each of them.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'll have to listen to it again but I heard nothing as to sudjest the how, only that it did. I do, however, think we should call BS since if were so easy to do so, a, it would happen all the time or, b, if the dmon was so powerful why did he go out like a Bch when Lady caught up to him instead of just possessing her again.

Reactions: Gel

Viper

Premium
I'll have to listen to it again but I heard nothing as to sudjest the how, only that it did. I do, however, think we should call BS since if were so easy to do so, a, it would happen all the time or, b, if the dmon was so powerful why did he go out like a Bch when Lady caught up to him instead of just possessing her again.

It is possible that demons can posses people in the moment of weakness. The singer in the anime got possessed cause she realized she wasn't getting famous fast enough and it made her easier to manipulate. By the time she realized what she had done it was already too late.

Lady might be strong and knowledgeable of demons, but she probably still has moments of doubting herself. It can start with a whisper that seems to come out of her head, and as it gets louder so her mental defense gets weaker until the moment is right. Of course, if this is the trick the demon uses, then possessing her again once she knows what's going on is impossible.

Reactions: Gel

Gel

Premium
If I remember (that's why I wanted the translated script of that CD drama), Enzo called Dante to give him a help on a case related to a demon; Trish was tagged along. The hunt was unsuccessful and that demon started chasing Enzo, so Lady was needed to keep an eye on Enzo, while Trish and Dante searched for the guy in question.
During this Enzo and Morrison entertained Patty about what how like "Devils never cry" and who was Trish and how that worked, while Lady was silently cleaning her gun. In that moment Lady was possessed and gave Dante a hard time. I don't know if she was jealous or maybe she felt inferior to everyone, since all that stuff in Ep 4 in Anime was inglorious to her or whatever, but devil took the best of her.

Top Bottom