• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Catherine

Vergillicious

You will not forget this devil's power!
First off, I'm going to apologize if this thread is already made. You can take it down, please do.

Anyway, how was she? Was she fun..haha Err..I meant did you like the game? How was the game play? Was it hard..haha seriously though, was the game to hard? Ugh..my little brother's dirty humor.. *facepalm*

Which Catherine/Katherine did you chose? Did you let your deepest desires get the best of you?

Last edited:

KRSkull

Its a good game, story is a little bit confusing. but the game was good. and i enjoyed it. and i heard the game over music a lot.

I choose Katherine

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.

This video describes Catherine well and rather hilariously.

All in all, I still kinda dug Catherine for how weird it was despite how stupid it could also be. And I'd go with Katherine because I have a thing for girls with glasses and she obviously isn't broadcasting the whole time she's psycho like Catherine.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I started with been the good boyfriend so all my decisions were based on been the prospect of not been a cheater.

I tried to go with Catherine on my second try then I tried to get the Catherine true ending. It's harder than I thought, it's so strict, it might take more than a few tries and some cheating on my answers.

Honestly, I'm still hoping for a sequel to the midnight theatre with a similar principle but different characters and story.

Last edited:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I think it's awesome and it's very, very challenging. I also enjoyed story, in retrospective whole game is huge allegory to our life and is certainly worth playing. Also gameplay is very addictive. And i can say it as somebody who usually not into puzzles.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
If there's allegory, it's very poor because Catherine doesn't really know the first thing about life or especially relationships. Which is ironic and all at the same time silly and why Catherine can be a really stupid game. But that weirdness and stupidity makes it kinda quirky and having a charm all its own.

Seriously though, if Catherine is a game that reflects your relationship, then it must be very miserable.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Crap like this is why people think you're an obnoxious and super pretentious pr!ck.
Well if you don't use your brains it's nobody's problem. Also your lame baiting and whining doesn't really improve your image either. ;)

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Anyone with a brain and that has been in a relationship would know Catherine does not make the best statements on gender politics and relationships in general.

And you want to always act like everyone else is giving you grief, yet you are the first to insult and call others stupid being very passive aggressive.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Anyone with a brain and that has been in a relationship would know Catherine does not make the best statements on gender politics and relationships in general.

And you want to always act like everyone else is giving you grief, yet you are the first to insult and call others stupid being very passive aggressive.
You calls somebody stupid, prick, idiot etc. And than start your whining when somebody doesn't appreciate it. How typical of you. I hope you do understand that the biggest jerk on this forum is actually you.

And if you used brains you would have understand that game actually using relationship as theme, but actually it's only example for something else. It's pretty much game about how we choose to live our lives, and it pretty much applies to every single person, even if somebody don't want to admit it. You either try to choose faster road that may end in crash, slower road that progresses steady but very slow or neglect everything.

Catherine represents it both in story and gameplay. Every our decision can be connected to it. If for example you looking for a job, you either try to pick high-payment jobs ignoring rest, and end up jobless if it don't work out. Or you choose low pay jobs, that drags through years, improving yourself and looking for better chances. Or you just turn around and do your own thing ignoring the rest, like some artists do. It's all basic life choices and Catherine offers examples of them through it's narrative and gameplay.

But in the end i just waste by breath on you, since somebody like you who only runs after stapled edginess and controversies, won't be willing to understand it anyway. and sad part on top of it that you actually think you're smarter than most, when actually you don't.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
You're reading too much in to things and getting lost in your own explanation for it all. Which can be insufferable to try and read because your grammar blows.

And, looks like you're alone in that perception of the game it seems.

Katherine is just as bad as Catherine really. While Catherine seduces and manipulates him quite a bit, Katherine freaking is almost very passive aggressive about them two getting married. Like geez lady. She kinda doesn't help when it comes to freaking Vincent out. But then again, Vincent is just a total f#cking tool and one of the dumbest video game protagonist I've ever seen.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
You're reading too much in to things and getting lost in your own explanation for it all. Which can be insufferable to try and read because your grammar blows.

And, looks like you're alone in that perception of the game it seems.

Katherine is just as bad as Catherine really. While Catherine seduces and manipulates him quite a bit, Katherine freaking is almost very passive aggressive about them two getting married. Like geez lady. She kinda doesn't help when it comes to freaking Vincent out. But then again, Vincent is just a total f#cking tool and one of the dumbest video game protagonist I've ever seen.
Actually it's literally stated by the game itself in the end. It's not even speculation, so i dunno what you talking about. Unless you never finished it ofc.
Every character in Catherine is pretty much exaggerated. And each stands for some type of people. Weaklings, control-freaks, windy persons, losers, trans, etc, etc. Problem is that you basically treat game literally word by word, while game itself states that you shouldn't do it.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
What I said stands about it being very poor allegory. Catherine and Katherine are both pretty bad choices when you look at it and it views men as irresponsible jerks who will practically have to submit themselves to a woman's control sucking all life out them basically. Who's the real succubus? :tongue:

I don't see how you could relate with any of it unless this is what you compare your life to. You'd have to be really miserable and be just a total freaking tool.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
It's all around wonky and gets lost in its own little world. Makes the game have its own personality, but it's still pretty silly and kinda dumb. Ah well, it had an a$$ monster which is worth playing at least once.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
@Chancey289

I chose Catherine because I like the freedom she represents -- she never told me how to live my life.

With Katherine, she wants me to settle down, and criticized me for buying a new computer. Seriously, back off lady -- it's my money.

Besides, turns out she wasn't pregnant, so all's well that ends well.

That's what Vincent gets when he never bothered to get a vasectomy (seriously, its what he should've done if he really never planned on having any offspring).

In any case, while I'm more physically attracted to Katherine, I'll take Catherine because with her I can (SPOILERS) be a powerful demon and just have fun all day.

I went for the maximum evil ending, btw. I tried to answer as evilly as I could whenever a question came up.

---------------------------------------------------------

But I also have a problem with that ending:

It would've been great if Catherine turned out to be a product of Vincent's imagination like in (SPOILERS) Fight Club. But no, they really made her exist, and ended up jumping the shark (heck, that's even what they did in Persona 4 when they introduced (after the first two surprise antagonists) ANOTHER LAST-MINUTE VILLAIN BECAUSE WE NEED MORE PLOT TWISTS).

Oh, and yeah, Erica really is the best choice... too bad she went with the virgin guy (he said he lost his 'v-card' to her, after all *sigh*).

Ah well. He more-or-less earned it (karma-wise) from not having that much luck with women before her, anyway.
I Ah well, it had an a$$ monster which is worth playing at least once.
I didn't think Yahtzee was actually serious when he said that. I thought it was an exaggeration on his part because a monster JUST HAPPENED TO LOOK LIKE THAT.

Nope. It's an actual um... hindquarters. I have no idea how that got past the censors, man.

"Qatherine" for the win, by the way.

Last edited:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Yea, all in all I still dig Catherine. I wouldn't have got it if I didn't.
https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net...=089ead92cf3d64848bbc5dec8633d851&oe=54D26BB9

Yea, I picked up Max Payne 3 that same day :p

I do like Erica the best. I'd pick her.

And she thought Toby was cute, but also he was the only one in the group actually attracted to her. He didn't know she's transexual and their old school friend Eric. I don't get why they all had to tip toe around the subject though. I mean, Toby's gotta find out eventually right?

He did sleep with her too so unless Toby is completely clueless about women and sex, he should have found out then. Instead he was still clueless and Catherine just says it's "weird". .........................................huh?

This game is basically written by people who seem to have never met other human beings in their life.

Eh, but if the video game was a person, I don't think it's a bad one, it's just an idiot lol.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
What I said stands about it being very poor allegory. Catherine and Katherine are both pretty bad choices when you look at it and it views men as irresponsible jerks who will practically have to submit themselves to a woman's control sucking all life out them basically. Who's the real succubus? :tongue:

I don't see how you could relate with any of it unless this is what you compare your life to. You'd have to be really miserable and be just a total freaking tool.
Well like i said. lack of brain usage won't help you understand it anyway, since i just exlpained that whole Vincent situation is pretty unimportant to a core thought in game. But than again I probably should stop wasting my breath on every moron who thinks he's smart.

Top Bottom