• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom's Hideaki Itsuno will announce a new game in 2017

Sesha

Itsuno just tweeted today ( ) that he will announce a new game in 2017.

Presumably the tweet is a follow up to this tweet from early this year:
One can only wonder what's in store in 2017.

Happy new year.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Maybe Rival schools?

It be funny if it was a new IP.

If it was a new Darkstalkers game....Dante could be added to the roster easily.:cool:

NessPSI

Tony Redgraaaave!
I feel sorry for him. Every time he announces hes been working on something, his Twitter gets bombarded by rabid DMC fans... That being said. PLEASE BE DMC5!

Frazz

General gamer
I feel sorry for him. Every time he announces hes been working on something, his Twitter gets bombarded by rabid DMC fans... That being said. PLEASE BE DMC5!
I actually see more calls for 'Rival Schools' than DMC5... Not being a fan of Rival Schools I hope more than anything it's DMC.

At any rate we won't be hearing about this again anytime soon - the fact that he has to 'exert' himself for a 2017 announcement means that there is still a lot of work to do. He also gave no clear idea of a timeline for this announcement as he didn't say 'soon' or anything so he mustn't have a clear idea when the announcement will happen.

Just please let it be DMC5.

Sesha

Hope for the best, prepaire for the worst.

The worst would be a pachislot game, which is already out. And it's doubtful he would make two tweets a year apart, when he already makes very few tweets as it is, hyping up a mobile or online game.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
He did mention that the series wasn't dead even though DmC flopped, so hopefully it's DMC5.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I find it funny how, among the people that commented under that tweet, not a single one (as of now) mentioned Devil May Cry, only Dragon's Dogma and Rival Schools.

Just some months back, that tweet would have been swarmed by hungry DMC fans. I think people are kinda done with all the inconclusive DMC5 teasing. And to be honest, at this point so am I. If it turns out it's that, I'll break the forum servers with posts of joy, but I'm done holding my breath and getting my hopes up over every hint of a possibility for DMC5. I've been for a while now.

Sesha

It could always be worse. 2016 was DMC's 15th anniversary and I don't recall even a post on the occasion from capcom.

A 15th anniversary isn't anything too special. I assume they wanted all eyes on RE's 20th anniversary. Capcom doesn't really do anniversaries unless it's something really special and is a marketing opportunity. Acknowledging the anniversary without anything to show could make for negative PR. I can see how they wouldn't want to bother with it.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I think people are kinda done with all the inconclusive DMC5 teasing.
Well, I know they are. Intentionally or not, Capcom has been dropping hint of the game for years but with that they've also been too quiet. Every major gaming event people raise their hopes and every gaming event Capcom remains silet with DMC. That takes a huge tolls on a fan and we've all but just called it quits.

A 15th anniversary isn't anything too special. I assume they wanted all eyes on RE's 20th anniversary. Capcom doesn't really do anniversaries unless it's something really special and is a marketing opportunity. Acknowledging the anniversary without anything to show could make for negative PR. I can see how they wouldn't want to bother with it.
Every 5 years is a big deal. Capcom made a huge thing for the 15th anniversary of RE/10th of DMC. I think the closest there was to a celebration was a sale on PSN. if they're announcing the game in 2017 it means it was in production or development. DMC4 was announced not long after the release of DMC3, like year and a half, and all they had to show for it was a super quick and unrelated teaser just to let us know it was a thing. If for nothing else, 2016 would been the more ideal time to announce the upcoming game.

Sesha

I find it funny how, among the people that commented under that tweet, not a single one (as of now) mentioned Devil May Cry, only Dragon's Dogma and Rival Schools.

Just some months back, that tweet would have been swarmed by hungry DMC fans. I think people are kinda done with all the inconclusive DMC5 teasing. And to be honest, at this point so am I. If it turns out it's that, I'll break the forum servers with posts of joy, but I'm done holding my breath and getting my hopes up over every hint of a possibility for DMC5. I've been for a while now.

Plenty are tweeting comments about DMC5. There hasn't been any teasing about DMC5 by Capcom. Only Reuben, Dan and Johnny, as well as that VGLinks nonsense where they dug up some DmC actor's online resume. People got excited about Reuben's photo being on the E3 site. Outside of the actors teasing, fans have themselves to blame if they got excited about random instagram photos and FaceBook posts by the actors and completely unrelated things if they were burned.

Every 5 years is a big deal. Capcom made a huge thing for the 15th anniversary of RE/10th of DMC. I think the closest there was to a celebration was a sale on PSN. if they're announcing the game in 2017 it means it was in production or development. DMC4 was announced not long after the release of DMC3, like year and a half, and all they had to show for it was a super quick and unrelated teaser just to let us know it was a thing. If for nothing else, 2016 would been the more ideal time to announce the upcoming game.

Every 5 years is a big deal to the fans, sure, but not necessarily to Capcom. RE is Capcom's biggest IP, so different circumstances apply for it.

DMC4 and DmC were shown way too early in my opinion. Capcom does marketing differently nowadays. Outside of Street Fighter V, which needed beta tests, and Resident Evil 2 Remake, which was announced under unusual and unique circumstances, every Capcom title for at least the past couple of years has been released close to or within a year of its initial announcement. It seemingly started back with RE6. They were also focused on a couple of things, namely RE's 20th anniversary with RE7, and on Dead Rising 4. Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite wasn't revealed until DR4 was close to release.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
There hasn't been any teasing about DMC5 by Capcom.

fans have themselves to blame if they got excited about random instagram photos and FaceBook posts by the actors and completely unrelated things if they were burned.

And in fact I didn't say the teasing was done by Capcom, nor that fans shouldn't blame themselves (and actually, I've been saying the same thing for a while now).

Mine was merely an observation, and a way to introduce how I feel towards that tweet too.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
There hasn't been any teasing about DMC5 by Capcom
tsFfo00.png

There've been a few other inklings. It might not be teasing but it's still enough of a indication of intent.

Frazz

General gamer
Well, I know they are. Intentionally or not, Capcom has been dropping hint of the game for years but with that they've also been too quiet. Every major gaming event people raise their hopes and every gaming event Capcom remains silet with DMC. That takes a huge tolls on a fan and we've all but just called it quits.

The worst thing is that all this fanbase needs is a damn logo for the game... That's the only announcement we need as we just have to know that something is happening with the franchise so we don't give up and move on completely. There are so many fans who have stopped being fans and stopped caring because for them it's been nearly NINE YEARS since the last DMC game. That's insane. At least when FFXV was taking 10 years they were still keeping the brand alive and thus the fans could wait for it be playing the other FF games Square released while waiting! As for DMC? All we have is Platinum and they don't make games exactly like DMC but rather their own style of Hack n' Slash. The fact that DMC's 15 year anniversary went by without a mention just highlights the lack of respect Capcom has for this fanbase and the franchise. At this point we don't care for ceremony in announcing another title - we just want to (and deserve to) know if we're wasting our time hoping or not.

Top Bottom