• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom's Hideaki Itsuno will announce a new game in 2017

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
I'm almost hyped. But even though I'm very fond of Itsuno's works if this is something other than DMC, I'm out.

Flowers

I actually see more calls for 'Rival Schools' than DMC5... Not being a fan of Rival Schools I hope more than anything it's DMC
Yeah I doubt the demand for Rival Schools means much, Capcom wouldn't really want to have three separate fighters going on at once, especially one that isn't as profitable as MVC or Street Fighter.

Sesha

The worst thing is that all this fanbase needs is a damn logo for the game... That's the only announcement we need as we just have to know that something is happening with the franchise so we don't give up and move on completely. There are so many fans who have stopped being fans and stopped caring because for them it's been nearly NINE YEARS since the last DMC game. That's insane. At least when FFXV was taking 10 years they were still keeping the brand alive and thus the fans could wait for it be playing the other FF games Square released while waiting! As for DMC? All we have is Platinum and they don't make games exactly like DMC but rather their own style of Hack n' Slash. The fact that DMC's 15 year anniversary went by without a mention just highlights the lack of respect Capcom has for this fanbase and the franchise. At this point we don't care for ceremony in announcing another title - we just want to (and deserve to) know if we're wasting our time hoping or not.

The last new DMC game came out four years ago. The last proper releases were 1.5+ years ago. FF is SE's flagship brand, so it's not comparable. RE is the proper comparison to FF, and RE is in a similar state with various spin-offs, remasters and merch releasing all the time.

DMC's 15th went by without mention probably because they are focused on RE's 20th and because they have nothing to announce for DMC atm that fits their marketing plans.

The notion that companies owe anyone anything if the company hasn't taken their money is irrational. You are wasting your time by agonizing over something relatively trivial that you have no control over. You should come to terms with that rather than expect anything from Capcom. If DMC5 is in development, then like every other title they have a marketing plan for it. Keep in mind and take into account the short wait between announcement and release for their recent and major titles. If/when DMC5 is revealed, the release date will likely be within a year of the announcement.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
You are wasting your time by agonizing over something relatively trivial that you have no control over. You should come to terms with that rather than expect anything from Capcom.

This stood out as a bit pushy to me. So what? Let him expect what he wants to. There's no harm in that. Nobody is here to tell others what to do. I'm sorry if I misinterpreted your post, but that's just how it came across.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
While I would like a DMC5 (hell even a DmC2.....although this might be a controversial statement to say...as long as NT isn't involved) I would prefer another Rival's School.

A. While Devil May Cry have been neglected for like what a few years (maybe less if you include the Definitive and Special Edition) there are plenty of other Capcom classics that need have been neglacted for decades and games Itsuno himself made (Rival Schools being one)

B. We need more 3D fighters that aren't Tekken and DOA (like LITERALLY those are the only 3D fighters that ever come out anymore......that are good or worthwhile). Lets hope Capcom keeps it 3D.

C. I kind of prefer games like Power Stone, Star Gladiator, and Rival Schools a little bit more than Devil May Cry as a whole.

D. We need more games that aren't "so serious" (Heath Ledger Joker, Dark Knight). I don't see how Capcom can make a silly fighting game set in high school serious. Just camp it up.

E. There are so much cool ideas I personally would like to see. This game has more potential than a new DMC because most things that they do will probably alienate any part of the fan base (see DmC) and Devil May Cry has built a stigma that a Devil May Cry needs to be a certain way or it has to progress in a certain way whereas Rival Schools can mostly do what it wants and no one will care since it doesn't have a dedicated fanbase who dictate how it should and shouldn't be just people who played the games in the past and enjoyed them for being fun (in both gameplay and style). As long as they maintain the spirit of being fun they can alter the combat system (make it like Tekken although it played more like a 2D fighter made 3D like the Naruto Clash of Ninja Games).

F. A modern day take on the game and its high school setting has potential for fun to be had. The old 2 games were old school anime high school but this was a time Capcom was more abrasive of their anime cliches and stereotypes nowadays they try to appeal to as much people as possible so I would like to see both high school anime/Japanese cliches and western high school cliches in a story that is a mix of the Crows Zero movies and a high school drama....or it could just turn into Kill la Kill (minus the ridiculous second half). Plus if it has a campaign mode where you can wander through the school and join clubs and each character embodies a club or a faculty/dept (like most of them did in the original) that would be cool but a normal fighter with a straight forward story mode is fine as long as.......

G. I get to see Tiffany's boobs and Natsu's beautiful thighs in glorious 1080p-4K 60fps modern day graphics and resolution.

H. If Itsuno is making it Dante can always make a cameo (but we'll probably get Sakura instead). I mean I would like to see Dante beat up some teenagers or a DmC Dante-esque character makes an apperance (a promiscuous, edgy troubled British transfer student and past Rival Schools were open to use non-Japanese or foreigners in its Japanese high school setting like a black priest who is tired of the student's **** and Tiffany).

I. Did I mention Tiffany's rack and Natsu's legs......I need to make those pretty clear.

Top Bottom