• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom Halves Forcast: Blames "Excessive Outsourcing"

Yugo12

Really? I've been on this board for longer than you have and while those kind of people exist, they are in the minority and some of those people have already been banned.

The mods have their own personal lives to deal with so it really isn't fair to say that they allow such behavior when they don't have the time to read through every thread.
My apologies, I should have considered this in my post. Mods shouldn't even be that responsible anyway. It's not like we are bunch of kids or anything.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
My apologies, I should have considered this in my post. Mods shouldn't even be that responsible anyway. It's not like we are bunch of kids or anything.
I'm surprised to hear that from you considering what just happened recently. Generally speaking, the people here are nice but the more 'passionate' fans make quite a lot of noise.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Somtimes, I wonder....

but everyone has their moments when they say something or type something that maybe seems childish or immature. Not that I'm making excuses, I'm just saying people have moments that they look at later and think 'I was being like a child there'.

I know I do things like that...and I regret it after.:p

ninjaa93

DmC now feels like a waste of time. Yes it was good but did not have the impact at all in the gaming community ... as far as reboots go tomb raider atleast had a very strong opening and presence. hack and slash may be dead than again bayonnetta had good enough acclaim to make apeople think H&S was back on track.

Capcom doesn't make since why put so much time and money behind something atleast make sure it blows people away , look at bioshock infinite .Instead the pretty much experimenting and if it doesn't work ditch it sooo this is now gonna look like POP 2008 ..akward. how about try harder with DmC 2 and this is coming from some eho wasn't a fan of the reboot though had fun with it and hoped for the best.

Martius

SSSmokin!
DmC now feels like a waste of time. Yes it was good but did not have the impact at all in the gaming community ... as far as reboots go tomb raider atleast had a very strong opening and presence. hack and slash may be dead than again bayonnetta had good enough acclaim to make apeople think H&S was back on track.
I hope you realize there was difference between pr about both reboots. Anyway Tomb Raider is failure for Square, over 3 mln sales was not enough for them.
Anyway there are few more slashers coming this year, we will see how it will go. Rising showed that there is still audience for that genre.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
I hope you realize there was difference between pr about both reboots. Anyway Tomb Raider is failure for Square, over 3 mln sales was not enough for them.
Anyway there are few more slashers coming this year, we will see how it will go. Rising showed that there is still audience for that genre.
The game might not have sold as well if it did not have the Metal Gear name to it though so there's that to take into consideration.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
You could say same thing about DmC and Tomb Raider or Hitman.
Of course I could. If those games are not part of established franchises, chances are they wouldn't have sold as much as they did. DmC is an exception due to obvious reasons.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Yep, that kind of thing makes the fandom look pretty bad....and of course people will sign that kind of thing for fun. It's in the nature of sheeple to do that for perceived lulz.
It just ended up making everyone look bad, and people not into DMC thinking that the fans are nuts.
That's exactly what I was thinking in mind, Loopy! Being sheep doesn't necessarily mean blindly conforming to the latest trends; it is also following what other people, no matter what size of a league the person who started some trend is on be it major or minor, big or small, and the like, think and take it blindly as truth/fact.
It's like that Facebook "Your FB account will be deactivated in x days if you don't follow these steps" app sham or in DeviantArt on "Hacker On the Loose" journal copy-paste spread. How could I, a DMC fan since day one who enjoys BOTH DMC and DmC, be so gullible to fall for some things that will do nothing more but to conspire fear into the hearts of men?!?! I thought they were real and legit; but they were nothing more but to create a conspiracy of fear! :mad: -starts banging my head against a wall for being such an ignorant, gullible sheep instead of facepalming-

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
At the end of the day you can't stop fans from being stupid, they prefer to live in ignorance and just complain about whatever **** is on the bandwagon at the time, most of the time without even trying the thing that people are complaining about, i swear i've seen a few people like that on this forum and i've definitely seen it from other fans of other subjects. It's the COOL thing to do y'know?

I'd rather just talk about what i did and didn't like, make some suggestions then be done with it and hope for better next time when i feel a game wasn't very good.
First things you said has become too mainstream to do... Now you've given me more reasons for me to stop jumping in bandwagons without a legit reason.

Second thing you said? Me too! :)

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

Oh really??? Outside Suda51's "Killer is Dead" whatelse is there?

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
Oh yeah...shame High Moon studios were shut down by Activision just so those bastards can save more money.
They weren't shut down though. Just massive layoffs.
I mean do we even need any other game beside Killer is Dead, it's hack and slash meets dating simulator!
Yes we do. Grasshopper games are generally mindless fun but the novelty of it wears of quite quickly. The HnS genre is in a pretty bad state.

Yes we do. Grasshopper games are generally mindless fun but the novelty of it wears of quite quickly. The HnS genre is in a pretty bad state.
I was half joking, I still admire the bizarreness of his stuff, but yes we do need more hack and slash games with depth and less cut scenes.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

Still evil though.

As for Suda51's games, my favorite games from his team were the No More Heroes games (especially NMH2) because out of all of his games, those games have a style that appeals to me, I find them to be most hilarious (Lollipop Chainsaw came close though), I love design of the bosses and the boss battles (something I value 2nd most in any action game) were its strongest point. Also, love the story although it could use a bit more work though. Would love to see a sequel or that one NMH iOS game that was canned.

Top Bottom