• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom Halves Forcast: Blames "Excessive Outsourcing"

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
but people just need to calm down and just be civil about this stuff.

Sadly this will not be the case on the forum.

SOME people simply can not tolerate or even comprehend that someone doesn't like what they like and thus feel the need to challenge them at every turn.

Thing is, there are a lot of members like that, both from people who like and dislike DmC.

Won't be going away anytime soon so I would advice that you do what I do when I have a conversation with guys like that, walk away from it.

Will save you time and a headache.^_^

Onecrazymonkey1

My friends actually don't want to join because of Alchemist and Chancey. But Chancey changed, he's okay now. :3
That's too bad but your friend shouldn't feel scared off, tell him to join anyway and a lot of people will welcome him. There are more good people on this board than bad and he can always ignore someone who bothers him. I used to be slightly timid from this board before I joined but I'm getting over it....sort of :).

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
That's too bad but your friend shouldn't feel scared off, tell him to join anyway and a lot of people will welcome him. There are more good people on this board than bad and he can always ignore someone who bothers him. I used to be slightly timid from this board before I joined but I'm getting over it....sort of :).
I was nervous to join at first, so I just watched for a bit. But of course I'm here now so I took the plunge and joined. Got to say there are loads of nice people here and I have fun. Sure, there are arguments, but that's just how it is.

Onecrazymonkey1

I was nervous to join at first, so I just watched for a bit. But of course I'm here now so I took the plunge and joined. Got to say there are loads of nice people here and I have fun. Sure, there are arguments, but that's just how it is.

yep you are definitely one of the nice people I'm talking about, you and LysseC are my favorite posters ha. I've always been more of a shy lurker kind of afraid to speak up but I think I have been overcoming that problem little by little. I don't mind little disagreements here and there as long as people are civil.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
yep you are definitely one of the nice people I'm talking about, you and LysseC are my favorite posters ha. I've always been more of a shy lurker kind of afraid to speak up but I think I have been overcoming that problem little by little. I don't mind little disagreements here and there as longs as people are civil.
Thanks! You too!:D I know LysseC too. Both of you are cool.
Don't be shy. When you make a post, it's something valuable to share with the froum. Plus sharing ideas with many different people is both interesting and fun.
I like debating with good thought out points and evidence, but swearing and cursing and people is unacceptable to me. Also upsetting someone when trying to change someone's mind when it is clear they have their point of view...or twisting people's words. That's also unacceptable to me.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Bah, I just dived in head first and never looked back :lol: people are nice here and there's always something going on. It's a lot quieter on the Ninja Theory forum, which I why I wanted to join this one too, so I could get in on the Devil May Cry scoop and talk with more fans of the series XD.

And there's a caption thread here! I couldn't be more at home.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Bah, I just dived in head first and never looked back :lol: people are nice here and there's always something going on. It's a lot quieter on the Ninja Theory forum, which I why I wanted to join this one too, so I could get in on the Devil May Cry scoop and talk with more fans of the series XD.

And there's a caption thread here! I couldn't be more at home.
There really is always something going on and a lot of nice and cool people. I was on devils lair as a lurker until it went. So I was also worried this place would also suddenly go.
And of course, I love talking with fellow fans of all games. Where I live there aren't many game fans I can talk to about games in a detailed way. They just want to play them and that's all.:p

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
yep you are definitely one of the nice people I'm talking about, you and LysseC are my favorite posters ha. I've always been more of a shy lurker kind of afraid to speak up but I think I have been overcoming that problem little by little. I don't mind little disagreements here and there as longs as people are civil.
Thanks! You too!:D I know LysseC too. Both of you are cool.
Don't be shy. When you make a post, it's something valuable to share with the froum. Plus sharing ideas with many different people is both interesting and fun.
I like debating with good thought out points and evidence, but swearing and cursing and people is unacceptable to me. Also upsetting someone when trying to change someone's mind when it is clear they have their point of view...or twisting people's words. That's also unacceptable to me.
(Woah, thank you both for your appreciation Loopy and Onecrazymonkey, btw! ^_^)
And yes, we shouldn't be scared of people who are always fighting. If we shy away, then the bad reputation of this community would become a truth. We have to show that there are kind people here too, and that discussion about certain "hot" topics can be done with a level head too.
That's why I always try and drop the conversation or simply don't answer when a thread is nearing/in the middle of a flamewar, because it would be pointless. But I really appreciate exchanging opinions with people who do it politely.

And you know, Terrutas... Not everyone thinks that the only unbiased opinion is the one that praises DmC. There are a lot of DmC fans who don't, and praise DMC too, so please, don't judge all of us negatively because of a few who are aggressive... :( Some of us can be good people! :p
*sends loving feelings*
Z

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
(Woah, thank you both for your appreciation Loopy and Onecrazymonkey, btw! ^_^)You're welcome:D
And yes, we shouldn't be scared of people who are always fighting. If we shy away, then the bad reputation of this community would become a truth. We have to show that there are kind people here too, and that discussion about certain "hot" topics can be done with a leve head too.I think...I just had a fight. I'm not sure:blink::lol: Oh well. More important things in life than internet arguing. I wish people wouldn't be so seriosu though to the point of insulting people with swearing and rudeness. It's immature.
That's why I always try and drop the conversation or simply don't answer when a thread is nearing/in the middle of a flamewar, because it would be pointless. But I really appreciate exchanging opinions with people who do it politely.
Exactly! Walk away and be the bigger person if that kind of thing happens. Some people just won't stop though because they like to think theey are right. I wonder with people like that how they behave in real life:/

Me too with liking opinion exchange....I think I said that already:p I'm repeating myself.
And you know, Terrutas... Not everyone thinks that the only unbiased opinion is the one that praises DmC. There are a lot of DmC fans who don't, and praise DMC too, so please, don't judge all of us negatively because of a few who are aggressive... :( Some of us can be good people! :p
*sends loving feelings*
Z
I like both games too. I grew up with DMC, so it's special to me, but I also want to see more of DmC. They show potential and I want to see if they can polish the game.
But what I like most is having fun and joking about the games. I prefer not to take things seriously. Life is more fun with a joke and laughter. ^_^

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
I think... I just had a fight
Yeah, I just read that... Hehe, you got yourself caught in a discussion with one of the most stubborn posters here. She will go on restating her opinion again and again until you just surrender out of exhaustion... Poor Loopy! :p

AlchemistFromEden

And twisting my words just to discredit my argument. It's people like you that are going to further divide this community. There is no point in trying to converse with people like you because right when a person shows a sign of disliking DmC you try insult them. and discredit them. I thought this was a place for fans to talk about anything Devil May Cry related, but nope it's just another place for people to argue and fight over the internet. It's sad, it really is.
oh here we go with the victim card, there's no point in trying to converse with people who are completely uniformed about this line of work and have never actually communicated with a creative director in person, or been to a studio to actually see how this stuff works and how much work goes into it, btw i never insulted you, i merely ended the discussion because its very frustrating when people don't know what they're talking about, in this case, you said, "just because you are a creative director of a video game doesn't mean that you know about video games," which is just, not true at all, but i'll leave you with the definition of a creative director and their responsibilities in the simplest way possible that i can explain to a non artist
The magnitude of video game development is incredibly large and expensive and most of the time requires an enormous team of skilled people with experience in graphic, animation, illustration art work, and programming. As usual, the position of a creative director is not an entry spot. One would have to earn that role by showing their skills and development over a period of years. Creative directors have done their share of lower level startup positions such as internships or assisting other directors in art related work fields. It is all about advancing through the career chain and once one has earned the position a creative director, they may be eligible to work for larger and more popular game developing companies depending on how successful they have been with past collaborative projects

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Yeah, I just read that... Hehe, you got yourself caught in a discussion with one of the most stubborn posters here. She will go on restating her opinion again and again until you just surrender out of exhaustion... Poor Loopy! :p
I noticed before, and now I experienced it. The thing is though, I don't like being pushed about, even on the internet. I also don't like internet bullying (not that this was) but I'm just saying. >_<

I'm just very surprised about all that and a little amused. It's in the past now; plus it's not real life so...you know. I don't know how someone can be so angry when it's the internet. :blink:

But now that has gone, we're having a cool talk about Metal gear games. I've never played them before, but from what is said about them, I want to try them. ToCool. Chancey and Yugo on the topic have been helpful filling me in on things and telling me which game is best to play as a beginner. ^_^

Yugo12

I know what a creative director is, but the point I was trying to make is that just because you are a creative director of a video-game doesn't mean that you are great video game maker and even though I am not a creative director I still have the right to criticize his work just like how anyone has the right to criticize a movie, or a restaurant, or etc.

http://www.nowgamer.com/features/1161217/dmc_devil_may_cry_ninja_theory_capcom_interview.html

"This is also the first game I've written, cast and directed myself. If i do my job right, you should be seeing a story of Dante that breaks the myth that all videogame stories are trite and will never stand up to the best that theatre and film have to offer." - Tameem Antoniades

He said he directed and wrote this game himself, so whatever problems I have with the game I will blame him because he was responsible for overseeing the product. He wrote the game and any problems I have with the story I blame because he wrote it. I don't like the game, I don't like the story, and it's as simple as that.
I hope you realize that what Terrutas said isn't entirely true.
I would hope you're right, but from the times I've lurked around this board I rarely have seen any type of order around here. People shouldn't be attacking people just for stating an opinion and Mods should be promoting that kind of attitude instead of allowing it to go on for so long.

Terrutas

I hope you realize that what Terrutas said isn't entirely true.
You're implying I don't know what I'm talking about, when I have been labeled as a hater and a troll for stating an opinion countless times. And Unknown calling the "anti's" pseudo-intellectuals and getting away with it.

In case you don't know, it basically means fake intellectuals, or idiots.

AlchemistFromEden

I know what a creative director is, but the point I was trying to make is that just because you are a creative director of a video-game doesn't mean that you are great video game maker
then you should've stated it that way instead of wording it like you're more misinformed than you actually are
and even though I am not a creative director I still have the right to criticize his work just like how anyone has the right to criticize a movie, or a restaurant, or etc.
doesn't give you the right to say that he is not talented, if you yourself are not talented then you shouldn't go away judging other people's work like you have first hand experience in the field because otherwise you sound pretentious and self entitled
He said he directed and wrote this game himself, so whatever problems I have with the game I will blame him because he was responsible for overseeing the product. He wrote the game and any problems I have with the story I blame because he wrote it. I don't like the game, I don't like the story, and it's as simple as that.
no its not as simple as that, because A. he didn't just write the story and just say done -_- there are these people called editors, alex garland helped write the script, and alex jones was a story consultant
I would hope you're right, but from the times I've lurked around this board I rarely have seen any type of order around here. People shouldn't be attacking people just for stating an opinion and Mods should be promoting that kind of attitude instead of allowing it to go on for so long.
and if you don't like the way the mods run this place you can go back to neogaf and 4han, seriously, people like you who constantly complain about "the way things are run" really need to get over yourselves and either accept how it is or leave i mean honestly, where is the logic here
"man i really don't like the new devil may cry game and even though its come out and isn't very relevant to anything anymore besides the fanbase i really feel the need to constantly tell people how much i don't like it, oh look, a forum that was made for the complete opposite of bitching to the point where there is a thread from the mods that specifically states that we shouldn't behave that way here, OMGURRD PLACE IS FULL OF FANBOYS, HOW DARE THEY GET ANNOYED BY THE SAME GROUP OF PEOPLE CONSTANTLY SAYING THE SAME NEGATIVE OPINION OVER AND OVER"
we're all entitled to our opinion, but i and neither do the other members of these forum who actually like the game and joined for that reason don't have to put up with people like terrutas constantly complaining about the thing we like and then either playing the victim card or getting angry whenever we talk about the flaws of the old series-_-

Yugo12

Jesus Christ..... are.. are you okay? Err.. anyway I know there is more to it then that, but that doesn't mean that Tameem shouldn't take responsibility. He is the one that is doing the interviews, he is the face of NT just like how Itigaki was the face of Ninja Gaiden or how John Carmack is the face of Id software. Also Alex Jones is just a producer, in this article it states Alex Garland as the story consultant and in the DmC intro it says that Garland is the story supervisor
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-14-dmc-devil-may-cry-preview-a-rebel-yell
As a person who claims to be so informed I would think you of all people would know this. Also we don't know for sure how much he has influenced this script. Was it a little touch up here and there? Was it an idea here and there? Was he responsible for any of the dialogue in the game? We have no idea, but since Tameem is the one who is putting himself out there as director and writer I think he should be the one taking whatever blame there is to be taken.

Also again, I am not here to argue, but to discuss. This is one of the only true Devil May Cry fan sites out there. This topic is about the business side of things and Capcom's forecast is a hint as to where the franchise could be going and that's why I'm here. When it comes to DmC related stuff like story or the characters you are most likely not going to see me in those topics because those aren't topics for me. Someone asked me how I felt about to Tameem I gave them the answer. I did not come here to troll or make fun of DmC, but to have conversations with fellow Devil May Cry fans. The fanbase is in shambles right now and you aren't helping at all.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
You're implying I don't know what I'm talking about, when I have been labeled as a hater and a troll for stating an opinion countless times. And Unknown calling the "anti's" pseudo-intellectuals and getting away with it.

In case you don't know, it basically means fake intellectuals, or idiots.
That doesn't mean you should make broad generalizations.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
Yeah, you're right. I apologize.

Although it applies almost universally throughout this board, but not to everyone. Okay, sorry.
Really? I've been on this board for longer than you have and while those kind of people exist, they are in the minority and some of those people have already been banned.

The mods have their own personal lives to deal with so it really isn't fair to say that they allow such behavior when they don't have the time to read through every thread.

Top Bottom