• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Biggest Dissapointments in DmC: Devil May Cry

ChaserTech

You couldn't parry laser walls of death though in DMC3 and 4, that required RG, and it still caused Dante to stagger when he parried in those games, DmC's parry, you don't stagger, and you can parry f**king LASERS

Parrying lasers isn't new.

Also Dante doesn't stagger when he parries. He launches himself forward at the enemy with invulnerability frames until the parry ended. And he can parry any attack.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I'm not too sure about that...by definition of something "broken" it doesn't work properly. DmC's Parry works the way it's supposed to, it's just really overpowered. With that in mind, with how awesome Royal Guard (and Just Guards) are, DmC's Parry system is better just because of the ease of its use and the effects it has on enemies.

I'd still take Royal Guard, but in place of it, I'm fine with the defensive moves DmC has :/

Bude8

I fail to see the logic here!
It needs to be harder. Sure, mobs hit a lot, but that's not hard! Why was DMC3 DMD hard? Cause DT mobs were a pain. Now you can juggle mobs infinitely without really worrying about being hit :(

EvilX-81

It needs to be harder. Sure, mobs hit a lot, but that's not hard! Why was DMC3 DMD hard? Cause DT mobs were a pain. Now you can juggle mobs infinitely without really worrying about being hit :(

Ugh. Utterly hated DMC3's DT mobs. Hard as hell to break through their super armor. DmC could certainly use a boost in difficulty though. Can get around most DT'ed enemy super armor with a mere air demon pull, which for a number of regular enemies, pretty much takes away the point.

Ceph

Stupid question, bash me not. What is the 'parry' in DmC? Using Prop to reflect stuff?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium

DT mobs in DmC are just as annoying; they hit harder, faster, and you can't stun them with attacks, which means subsequently you also can't juggle them.

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
Biggest disappointment: That this game was made in the first place :troll:

Seriously I'm kidding.

My main disappointment: The characters. That's the only element that's holding this game back for me. Non of them are appealing whatsoever. The only character I consider worse then this entire cast is Kyrie (I loathe her with a passion)

Granted, there are many good elements. The level designs look good. And the concept art is the most gorgeous I have ever seen from any game recently (I'm a sucker for things like that) and the story though hidden behind silly dialogue, really isn't that bad. Overhyped? A little, but it's not the worst I've seen.

I'm not saying anything about the game play since I haven't laid a finger on it yet. I just watched the cutscenes and video footage. It wouldn't be fair to judge on the gameplay unless I experienced it for myself.

Slight disappointments that aren't really a big deal: The DT design was really disappointing. Really it was. They could've taken their creativity to another level but instead, settled on a palette swap but is something I can look pass.

Yep, that's pretty much it.

Nvzman

-Making a pretentious anti-corporate story for a game marketed with iphone apps, with some of the worst PR I've ever seen for a game was straight up retarded.

-Dante looks like he cuts his own hair but doesn't use a mirror while he does it

-Looks like a trashy bum in general

-Arbiter and Aquila are so broken the scythe and fists may as well not be in the game. I only remember using fists at all for the puzzles that forced them

-Every gun is worthless once you have Kablooey which is a retarded name

-I would have had to wait a month for the ability to play Vergil and the Bloody Palace if I hadn't already traded it back to Game Haven
I dunno, I found myself using every weapon in the game in combat. I hardly use kablooey though, because I found it the most useless gun in the game because it's terrible unless you want to launch a foe.
His hair gets better though.

Downfall

-Making a pretentious anti-corporate story for a game marketed with iphone apps, with some of the worst PR I've ever seen for a game was straight up retarded.

-Dante looks like he cuts his own hair but doesn't use a mirror while he does it

-Looks like a trashy bum in general

-Arbiter and Aquila are so broken the scythe and fists may as well not be in the game. I only remember using fists at all for the puzzles that forced them

-Every gun is worthless once you have Kablooey which is a retarded name

-I would have had to wait a month for the ability to play Vergil and the Bloody Palace if I hadn't already traded it back to Game Haven

Ah, Sarah! I forgot to put you on ignore. >_<

Welp, that's taken care of. ^_^

Dominus

I agree on the crazy cutscenes missing, hopefully MGR will have a lot of them (which seems like a possibility). If DmC2 is made they could take out one of the 2 dodges and make that a royal guard button or maybe a toggle lock-on button. With the way action games are evolving we'll need a keyboard to play them soon (lolll).

EvilX-81

DT mobs in DmC are just as annoying; they hit harder, faster, and you can't stun them with attacks, which means subsequently you also can't juggle them.

But for most you can get around that easy by using an air demon pull. With the blue enemies it's a little more complicated, but a good payoff usually makes the frost knights instantly open.

Ceph

But for most you can get around that easy by using an air demon pull. With the blue enemies it's a little more complicated, but a good payoff usually makes the frost knights instantly open.
Also, I believe parrying any attack breaks their DT, kinda like with the Rages.

Martius

SSSmokin!
Lack of humor. After intro Dante should wake up not in his trailer but somewhere else like Barney.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium

That...doesn't work either. When they're in their DT-state, you cannot stun, launch, grapple them at all :/

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I have no disappointments, because disappointment is born from expectations, and I had no expectations for the game, other than having a fun combat system, which I knew it had from gameplay videos and playing the demo.

that's my point of view with any game I play. NGsigma3 wasnt a complete crap game. I played it on hard first and had a blast.

Other :

no taunts... I got over it but it was amazing to do

Top Bottom