• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

ATTENTION DMC.ORG, A COMMUNITY REMINDER

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Hey you. Yea, you. You're awesome. That's right, awesome. Do you wanna know why? Because you are. You're here reading this right now. You made it through life's rough patches to discuss a cool video game series.

"But Chancey, I'm still going through rough patches and don't feel awesome. What's up with that?"

Well, I feel the same exact way. I didn't think I'd even have the energy to do this community bulletin. My chest is tight, I feel uncomfortable, I hardly sleep, and stress is kicking my ass all day long. However, we're all still awesome. We have seen hell over and over, but made it back again. We're pretty badass, don't you think? Like Dante.

Now, you may screw up again. You may screw up everything, again, multiple times. But guess what? The night sky will eventually be replaced with the day. And tomorrow's night will also turn to day. The world keeps on spinning, and you keep on moving whether you realize it or not.

We're older, we have our hands on the steering wheel and we can steer this bastard wherever we want, but we also have the driving skills of your typical GTA driver. That's why things may be tough. We have the control. Whether it be money, relationships, family, etc. etc. Being older gives us the taste of freedom. And we do what we want with it.

It's scary. It's motherfudging terrifying. I wanna just crawl up in to a little ball, sucking on my thumb like a baby while rocking back in forth. I can't deal man, holy ****ake mushrooms is this hard.

Wait a minute, I'm still here. I'm still driving. I'm still alive. I'm someone new, improved, damaged, and scarred. And we can't change a thing, so we embrace it and keep going. We hold on to a little something called H.O.P.E.

Always hold on to that. If you let go, it's like letting go of the wheel in busy traffic waiting for the crash. You're in a rough patch, so am I, but we wake up from nightmares. We go with the days. We move on with the world. And because you did it already today, you're awesome.

I believe in you, even if I can't believe in myself right now. However, we keep driving. I'm still driving. That counts for something. You're awesome. I'm your friend, and a friend like me would never lie to you.

Stay awesome.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
You're my hero Chancey.
Aww shucks. :blush:

I'm just some guy who right now is a hot mess and a part of this forum trying to pick himself up for a while now due to life's complications. A lot of people, including some in this community has been helping me out with that. So I thought I should return the favor. Also kind of pay it forward. I think we all could use something like this sometime. :wink:

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Thanks man, encouraging words are always good!

You know, you're right, it's not always easy to wake up in the morning, to stand up and do what we do.
I'm having a lot of self doubt lately, even though I'm making progress on my book and pretty much everything else as well. There is always this voice in my head asking and telling me "why are you doing this anyway?" "what you do is worthless!" "It'll never be as good as you want it to be". That together with the fear of maybe not getting a job in a year from now is pretty scary.
But you know, I'm still doing it, I'm making my way, and even some kind words make it all worth it, so thanks again Chancey, stay strong, stand tall and above all stay awesome!

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
there are human beings behind the usernames (in most cases :sneaky:).

*cough cough*

tumblr_lgyg7eNk7V1qgmgjuo1_500.gif

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
we all went thru this or will go thru this growing up, but don't worry, as we move on things are going to get uglier --no, that's not what i meant, i meant we may not make it at all --again that's not what i meant, the thing is.. hah, forget it..

anyway, like what chancey and brandon boyd said, just drive, whatever tomorrow brings we'll be there, face it and make it, struggle for it, fight thru it..

that's what it means to be human, to strife and to loose, to abandon all hope, dark future awaits ---somebody just stop me..

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
I call mostly this forum as awesome, even in time when i joined here maybe I been mostly shy new female member who not all time would post but well after reading may topics ,posts, even some members, i ended to be most brave now and well Im here more often :), well thanks for all discussions there, i will be here always as I now loathe returning to mine other forums i been as they mostly dead now.

PS. You all members rocks, even OP too :)

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
D'aww...Chance. *Hugs*

Dude, this is really big of you, especially considering how you've been feeling, lately. I guess the blues have been making their rounds. I'm kind of in a similar boat with @Erian1Mortal --things are coming along with my work, the end of the first draft is in sight...and yet I've been an emotional rollercoaster mess. Happy one minute, frustrated and terrified the next. Part of it is fear of success, the other is failure. I can't even say which one is more excruciating--they're pretty equal in that.

I won't even go into the "on the verge of tears" parts...those are makin' me crazy. I. Abhor. Crying.

Anyway!

This was good of you, bolstering other people's spirits when yours are pretty low, themselves. Keep your chin up, comrade; like you said, night will turn to day. :) You can weather this storm, just like the rest of us. ^^

Top Bottom