• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Article : How a haircut changed the path of DmC: Devil May Cry

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
Implying disney publishing can make good AAA decisions, I cant see NT doing a star wars game because it will kind of cost them the art direction piller of there games and has we know letting Taini go nuts is what they like to do. On the other hand a star wars game is the hit best seller they been so waiting.

Taini doesn't work for NT anymore, although he does do freelance work on Hellblade.

Keaton

Premium
Implying disney publishing can make good AAA decisions, I cant see NT doing a star wars game because it will kind of cost them the art direction piller of there games and has we know letting Taini go nuts is what they like to do. On the other hand a star wars game is the hit best seller they been so waiting.

Ninja Theory did the combat mechanics for the Lightsaber Sword-play in Disney Infinty 2.0 and 3.0 so getting them onside for a full on Star Wars title isn't completely unlikely. However, despite Force Unleashed being an epic series, it recieved a poor receiption, particually for number 2 - so it seems less likely Force Unleashed would be ressurected instead of a brand new Star Wars game developed my NT.

Plus, as far as costs for development go, since Star Wars already has an extensive accepted canon from the seven movies to date, Clone Wars and Rebels, there wouldn't be a massive demand for 'new' material, just new implementation. :/

A Star War's Game by NT would staggering if you ask me, particually if they throw in a bit of Platinum's MGRevengence Sword Mechanics too -- a Lightsaber that actually cuts stuff and removes limbs of droids, that would be epic!

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
checked here on the development section

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_Infinity_3.0

Disney decided to also have Ninja Theory revamp the game's combat, after LucasArts had expressed interest in working with the company.

okay the context is that lucasarts were interested with ninja theory for disney 3.0, but the possibility for the partnership to expand further is huge possibility..

if as a company i'm interested and satisfied, i will definitely bring it to a higher level of partnership..

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
If its a top secret project then I think its a big budget project that is funded by a publisher who is not ready to annouce the game yet. Maybe Capcom themselves are partnering again with Ninja Theory and publishing their work again.

It makes sense that Hellblade will be released this year and in the wake of Hellblade's release Ninja Theory will annouce their next game for release the following year.

I very much doubt it will be DmC 2 or Heavenly Sword 2. There is something I have on my mind...

Ninja Theory recently did Disney Infinity 3.0. What if Ninja Theory were working with Disney again to craft a melee action game with lightsabers on the scale DMC? That would be a dream!
Star Wars The Force Unleashed 3

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I wanna see them make a game about ninjas as we need a new take on ninjas in the modern era. All we got is Ninja Gaiden and DOA but i feel its fertile ground as doing a stealth game about ninjas in the modern era would be interesting.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
A full-on, Ninja Theory made Star Wars game. That would be dope.

But I'd want it to be like The Force Unleashed, with more combat depth, none of that child-friendly Infinity 3.0 stuff. :p
I'd sell my organs for Ninja Theory to resurrect that Darth Maul project that was shelved during the Disney buyout of Lucasarts. That, or maybe a Legacy-era game with Cade Skywalker (since they like making rebellious characters so much).

Also, looking back at the previous discussion regarding Capcom's approach to "Western film production"...I think we can all agree that Capcom has shown their hilarious perception of American action films in the form of their walking, talking SyFy Channel B-movie Cheesewheel that is Resident Evil series.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Force Unleashed is a game that's fun for like, the first hour or so, but then it gets sooooooooo repetitive.

I think Ninja Theory bringing back that Darth Maul project would be more my thing, but yea, I'd also accept another go at Force Unleashed by them. Hypothetically that is.

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
Is it possible Disney would let Ninja Theory do a Marvel Game? I'd love to see their artistic take on a character like Moon Knight. He'd be perfect for an action combo hack and slash type game.
Moon_Knight_%28Dr.Bong%29.jpg

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
It's funny tho as I wanted a marvel or DC writer/artist team to come in and write DMC / DmC next so them taking a step further and doing a legit Marvel/DC game would be even better.

As for who to pick, there are alot of good choices but I rather have them avoid the overdone ones like batman or spiderman. I dig both those guys but I could use a break

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
Force Unleashed is a game that's fun for like, the first hour or so, but then it gets sooooooooo repetitive.

True dat. I liked The Force Unleashed, but after an hour I put it down and didn't play it anymore. Would love to see NT try and keep me hooked for seven hours.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
the Force Unleashed was rendered non-canon but the Star Wars story group so even if they do another Force Unleashed game, it will probably be distractly different from Starkiller's journey.

Maybe recycling the cancelled Darth Maul game as a Force Unleashed title would be a good idea?

Top Bottom