• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Article : How a haircut changed the path of DmC: Devil May Cry

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
After all, Nero is supposed to be very much like Dante and he gives the flipping bird too.

Nero is not Dante no matter how similar he is. The fact that he does that stuff doesn't mean that Dante will, gimme a break. That is way too farfetched.

Vergil already killed an innocent old woman with shotgun too (to be true he hit the lady and set her and her house in fire while she was still living), in a book

I'm sorry, but Vergil is not a gunslinger in the canon and will never be. You're overreaching way too much again.

And btw, their personalities have always been subjected to change, yes, but not THAT kinda change. It's preposterous (not even gonna get into that Vergil stuff, it's off topic and we already had our talk about it and you know I do not agree with you).

DmC was made to get those numbers, remember?

Yeah. As well as the fact that it didn't, not by a long shot. They were in fact burned by its numbers. No way they'd look up to DmC to make their COD numbers.

Now, I know that you are all kind of pessimistic about DMC, Gel, but you gotta keep that pessimism within reason's boundaries. A DmCzation of DMC is as likely as a snowfall in July in the lovely coasts of Sicilia.

If they ever decide to carry over some DmC stuff though, Angels would be cool. They had hints in the games, so I think it would fit.

Last edited:

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
yeah, i firmly believe they will fuse DMC and DmC, but not story/character wise, that's crazy.. like foxtrot said, it's more about the gameplay and maybe some other technical stuffs..

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
I'm sorry, but Vergil is not a gunslinger in the canon and will never be. You're overreaching way too much again.
Tameen and his team didn't take their stuff from thin air: Vergil killing innocent people, using guns, etc; Dante using colorful language as f... and other stuff belongs to that same book Capcom and Kamiya blessed time ago, the same book used in anime, Anime that is canon to the rest of the official things, so even the stuff people hate is in original too.
A DmCzation of DMC is as likely as a snowfall in July in the lovely coasts of Sicilia.
Got the reference, but with the climatic changes, this is an ironic sentence.:wink:
it's more about the gameplay and maybe some other technical stuffs..
Just a question: why all this drama about gameplay changes? After all alot of people praise DmC DE gameplay and Itsuno was behind it too. ( This is a sincere question, since I give a .... about gameplay and technical stuff, that's not my cup of tea)

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Tameen and his team didn't take their stuff from thin air

Maybe but that's not gonna happen in the DMC games to Dante and Vergil. Heck, they had the opportunity to make those changes to the DMC cast for years, but they didn't. Even anime Dante himself is not nearly as vulgar as nDante is, and games Dante is as far away as nDante as it gets in that department, and there's no reason to think he's gonna change.
That book argument, doesn't really hold up.

You know what? If anyone is to get an nDante-ization, the most natural candidate would be Nero himself, certainly not Dante. nDante is a more extreme version of Nero after all.

They are not gonna DmC-ize the DMC cast, it's really crazy talk.

Got the reference, but with the climatic changes, this is an ironic sentence.

LOL but even with the climate changes, a snowfall in July in Sicilia is still pretty damn unlikely.

why all this drama about gameplay changes?

What do you mean?

Gel

Premium
They are not gonna DmC-ize the DMC cast, it's really crazy talk
I know it is, at same time I find it possible, since reality is weirder than fiction. * Nor that that I would mind some of the things I saw in DmC could pass to DMC story, but that's another topic*
What do you mean?
I agree with the idea Capcom will fuse DmC/DMC gameplay because it's highly probable: they will take what they consider good and they use it.That's pretty natural since from a business point of view. after all Itsuno had his hands on both "sides" of the franchising.
Why do you people think if they do this, the next game will be the last and that fans will hate it?This reminds me the DLC politics: everyone criticizes it, but DLC sells like "hot cakes".

absolitude

Why do you people think if they do this, the next game will be the last and that fans will hate it?This reminds me the DLC politics: everyone criticizes it, but DLC sells like "hot cakes".

lol, no, we don't say that, me at least, innsmouth is the culprit for that, tho that possibility is funny in a tragic way that it's going to be fun to see..

i personally will wait for the result if that happens, and if it's good it's good, if it's not, well it's not.. but i'd like to emphasize that if the scenario of them fusing both games, it will be more on the gameplay and technical stuffs, if they fuse the story other non-technical stuffs, well it being the last game might happen for some

Gel

Premium
lol, no, we don't say that, me at least, innsmouth is the culprit for that, tho that possibility is funny in a tragic way that it's going to be fun to see..
Hmm, got it.Thank you!
if they fuse the story other non-technical stuffs, well it being the last game might happen for some
DMC fanbase always fluctuates and changes (as the market and demographics), only a very small niche is permanent and DMC's biggest fanbase was at DMC3 time, so...

@Foxtrot94 , so it means I'm not the only person to think that weird scenario is possible, EVEN if distant.
Humans never disappoint me in disappointing

absolitude

DMC fanbase always fluctuates and changes (as the market and demographics), only a very small niche is permanent and DMC's biggest fanbase was at DMC3 time, so...

meaning it's actually a common thing and really isn't surprising? yeah, i can see that, and probably ended up with arrival of new fans..

in a way, it's the best thing about being devil may cry fans, you'll never be bored with the ups and downs, but the wait for another title can be boring..

Gel

Premium
in a way, it's the best thing about being devil may cry fans, you'll never be bored with the ups and downs, but the wait for another title can be boring..
Waiting for an OG DMC game can be pleasant and frustrating , thinking how tired and "tied" DMC's Capcom team already felt at DMC4 time: they were spent from doing DMC3, some of them dreamed of being doing their own stuff instead, they were set in the difficult task of creating a new character only because they had new stuff to insert( even if they couldn't explore other characters before), cut in the costs and team, superiors meddling in their stuff...Let's at least give them some time to get something worth of waiting.
Funny enough there are more people asking for a DMC3 remake than for a DMC5, with Reuben commenting how bizarre it is.

absolitude

Let's at least give them some time to get something worth of waiting.
Funny enough there are more people asking for a DMC3 remake than for a DMC5, with Reuben commenting how bizarre it is.

waiting is the most unpleasant thing to do, the better do it right

as for DMC3, a remake will be awesome, but i would gladly happily accept them returning to DMC3 direction for any devil may cry game, it could work for both devil may cry imo..

Reactions: Gel

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Ah no I think you misunderstood @Innsmouth's comment. He was most likely talking about the scenario where they mix the story/characters, not the gameplay.

Even though there are indeed things from DmC's gameplay that, if carried over into DMC, would anger fans.
Pretty much this. Half of fan base wants gritty and other easy-going story. So in the end you can't mix one with another and hope it somehow functions. They have completely different tones, different stories and far to different characters. Making of DmC already led to lengthy silence from capcom, who knows where would half fish, half meat mix would lead.

Gel

Premium
Pretty much this. Half of fan base wants gritty and other easy-going story. So in the end you can't mix one with another and hope it somehow functions. They have completely different tones, different stories and far to different characters. Making of DmC already led to lengthy silence from capcom, who knows where would half fish, half meat mix would lead.
Hmm, if they go for what was planned for DMC4 and later explained in the artbook, DMC will have a a quite gritty story too, very similar to "The Apocalypse of Devilman", where the protagonist has to confront his inner devil and everything he loves and cares is killed/destroyed .

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
I would love a Devil May Cry 3 remake, it's the only classic title I've really enjoyed.

Anyways, we won't have to wait long to find out what Capcom's next move will be. Didn't they say that they wanted to release a new Devil May Cry game in 2017? Or did they mean 'announce'? Do you guys think we might hear something about it this year? I certainly hope so.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Well, then they could always do a DMC5 where Dante tries to escape hell.

The end scene could take place during that one time where Lucia was waiting for him at the shop, therefore ending the saga once and for all.

Top Bottom