• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Article : How a haircut changed the path of DmC: Devil May Cry

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
Getting this back on top of NINJA THEORY TOP SECRET GAME i will present this quote

Lets look closer

DmC2 with fully long white hair Dante or DMC5 with Nero
or even a spiritual successor to DmC in the same way hellblade is to heavenly sword

you know what, i noticed that too the first time i read it, but, that's like getting my hopes too much up, i'm afraid of how it would feel to fall from that distance, lol..

DmC2 with the proper hair and DmC successor is more like it, hell it's what i often thought too, but DMC5 with Nero and with NT working on it is going to be another DmC kind of fuss imo..

so i don't know how legit this linkedin profile is

https://www.linkedin.com/in/rahnitucker

but right there on the experience section where she's the creative director, it explicitly says TOP SECRET PROJECT, it's an effin top secret project.. seriously now, i hardly think this will be a new IP, i don't think you'd want to go top secret project for a new IP..

Last edited by a moderator:

absolitude

Well no, wouldn't you want to get it out there and promote it as much as possible if it was a new IP?
yeah exactly, this should be a familiar title like something they've done before or maybe a new job from another familiar title.. exciting and terrifying, there's really only small news on this, not getting any exposure..

corrnata

so i don't know how legit this linkedin profile is

but right there on the experience section where she's the creative director, it explicitly says TOP SECRET PROJECT, it's an effin top secret project.. seriously now, i hardly think this will be a new IP, i don't think you'd want to go top secret project for a new IP..
Linkedin's are normally legit when it comes to the game industry and seem to play a big part in recruitment.
I will to a guess that the R&D project was for Razor, the only reason it be top secret is if they are working with a publisher, I hope its a squeal to something given it be their first squeal to anything but mainly want it to be a sequel to DmC.

Please God, let it be a spiritual successor to DmC... :angel:

... even if it ends up being 2D. :D
If Ninja has free reign on this then will it look more like the TGS 2010 trailer or the final game?

Last edited by a moderator:

absolitude

Linkedin's are normally legit when it comes to the game industry and seem to play a big part in recruitment.
I will to a guess that the R&D project was for Razor, the only reason it be top secret is if they are working with a publisher, I hope its a squeal to something given it be their first squeal to anything but mainly want it to be a sequel to DmC.

aren't they scrapping the razor project? either way, it'll be a good news if finally a publisher is interested on it, everything about razor is interesting especially the concept designs..

corrnata

aren't they scrapping the razor project? either way, it'll be a good news if finally a publisher is interested on it, everything about razor is interesting especially the concept designs..
I assume she either forgot or kept it on because it still looks good to have.
Please watch the double posts guys, been seeing an increase in this lately.
I doubles at like late at night give me a brake plz :frown:

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
Look y'all, I'm not counting on finding out what this 'top secret project' is before Hellblade comes out. If it does turn out to be DmC2, I can imagine that NT won't be happy to see all the attention shift away from Hellblade and towards DmC.

Also, I liked Dante's short black hair. But since the official ending had him in short white hair, I suppose I could learn to like that too lol.

PS - kinda funny to see that Rahni Tucker's first listed project was a Spongebob Squarepants game. Started from bikini bottom now she here lol

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
Please God, let it be a spiritual successor to DmC... :angel:

... even if it ends up being 2D. :D
As long as they don't call it Devil May Cry, they can pull it off without offending Capcom. I mean Hellblade? That's pretty much the opposite of Heavenly Sword, they could even call it something like The Nephilim, and make it the spiritual successor to DmC with similar gameplay and somewhat similar storyline. That would be ****ing awesome, I'd buy it.

Judge

you know what, i noticed that too the first time i read it, but, that's like getting my hopes too much up, i'm afraid of how it would feel to fall from that distance, lol..

If its a top secret project then I think its a big budget project that is funded by a publisher who is not ready to annouce the game yet. Maybe Capcom themselves are partnering again with Ninja Theory and publishing their work again.

It makes sense that Hellblade will be released this year and in the wake of Hellblade's release Ninja Theory will annouce their next game for release the following year.

I very much doubt it will be DmC 2 or Heavenly Sword 2. There is something I have on my mind...

Ninja Theory recently did Disney Infinity 3.0. What if Ninja Theory were working with Disney again to craft a melee action game with lightsabers on the scale DMC? That would be a dream!

absolitude

If its a top secret project then I think its a big budget project that is funded by a publisher who is not ready to annouce the game yet.
yep, that's probably it

There is something I have on my mind...

Ninja Theory recently did Disney Infinity 3.0. What if Ninja Theory were working with Disney again to craft a melee action game with lightsabers on the scale DMC? That would be a dream!

... oh i want this.. i'm imagining it right now

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014

A full-on, Ninja Theory made Star Wars game. That would be dope.

But I'd want it to be like The Force Unleashed, with more combat depth, none of that child-friendly Infinity 3.0 stuff. :p

corrnata

What if Ninja Theory were working with Disney again to craft a melee action game with lightsabers on the scale DMC? That would be a dream!
Implying disney publishing can make good AAA decisions, I cant see NT doing a star wars game because it will kind of cost them the art direction piller of there games and has we know letting Taini go nuts is what they like to do. On the other hand a star wars game is the hit best seller they been so waiting.

Top Bottom