• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Are nero angelo and vergil the same person in devil may cry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reez79

I already beat devil may cry 1 and 2 and I playing DMC3 now but I aint beat it yet.I also have DMC 4 but I aint gonna play it until I finish part 3.I wanted to know Is Nero angelo and Vergil the same person?who is Nero angelo?Can someone please tell me without spoiling the game

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
First off: welcome to the forum =]

I'm not sure on most of the story lines as i don't pay much attention, but i dont believe that anything has been confirmed between NA and vergil, but alot of speculation has happened about them, other than that, i'm not sure

Zato-OW

King
I read somewhere that Nelo Angelo and Vergil are the same person BUT it also states they are 2 different demons. I'm guessing binded demons. It states that Nelo Angelo(Black Angel) is the loyal yet honorable servant of Mundus, never speaking and always following the orders given to him. It also states that he is a top general of Mundus's army. Also it says deep inside this demons body lays the soul of Dante's twin brother Vergil. So this must mean that they are the same person but at the same time isnt. Weird?

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I always thought (after playing 3) that after Mundus defeated Vergil after DMC3 he posessed him and covered him with that black armour which was like a prison which would allow Mundus to control everything he did against his will. And thats what was spewing out of Nelo Angelo in DMC1, all that evil corrupt power that Mundus had clamped to vergil like a ball and chain.

So yes and no I suppose, for the most part it is just another slave of Mundus but Vergil is inside which is why he hesitated to kill Dante when he saw the amulant. As for the name I think there was some sort of translaton problem, Nero Angelo is the Japanese name or something but it is supposed to be Nelo Angelo.

Sparda™

It is supposed to be NERO ANGELO.

It remained NELO ANGELO, because of a problem in translation from the Japanese language.

Anyway, Zato, that description could be an introductive one to the game. Like Dante's was in DMC4..

'Dante starts killing the members of the Order. Is Dante the enemy or he's got something in mind?'

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Sparda™;149390 said:
It is supposed to be NERO ANGELO.

It remained NELO ANGELO, because of a problem in translation from the Japanese language.

Anyway, Zato, that description could be an introductive one to the game. Like Dante's was in DMC4..

'Dante starts killing the members of the Order. Is Dante the enemy or he's got something in mind?'

No its not, I have a DVD collection overlapping the entire series to DMC1 up to DMC4 with Nero. Kobayashi clearly stated on Saber of Saviour it was NELO not NERO on the interview, it was NEVER stated once by Capcom it being a mistake on numourous times intending it to be Nelo. It's clearly fan speculation it's 'wrong'. How can a multi-million company not admit to/state it WAS wrong having a major character's name said faulty? Seems farfetched. The DMC.wiki is bullcrap so stop reading it off there for a source of factuallity. I've tried changing it; whoever keeps changing it back is a total dumbass and hasn't even watched half the Japanese subtitled books or DVD's, specially Saber and Ssstylish.

Zato-OW

King
Heh, well I will respect if you prefer Nero over Nelo as most do. But alot of evidence proves most of what I said to be true. As in DMC4 stating that Vergil soul was turned inward and placed into the armor(Well I'm not exactly sure if this was stated in DMC4 but something of these lines.) also The Order using the shards from Nelo to create Bianco's and Alto's and also creating a Devil Trigger for them selves aswell. But we all know this couldn't have been Vergil's power they were extracting from the shards or else Dante and Nero would've had a bigger connection to the armor's and Order, plus Dante and the (DB) would've sensed that.Trying to explain Nelo Angelo and Vergil is complicated as hell because there's not alot to go off of.

Zato-OW

King
Well that's what we all are trying to figure out. Did he really "die" after his defeat to Dante or release himself. Well even though he was said to have been dead already when Dante was facing him as Nelo. Now I'm hoping what they meant by saying "Mundus turned Vergil soul outward(or inward)" meaning he turned his soul inside out over his body then placed it inside the armor. So this will mean that after his defeat to Dante he released himself and became what we know him as in DMC3. With his soul being placed back into his body.

Sparda™

If his soul was released and turned back to his body, we might see him as he was in DMC3, in the future upcoming games.

reez79

Wasnt Nero angelo also in part 1 or was that vergil?I'm talking about the knight you fight in part 1.This whole thing is confusing lol.Is Nero angelo (from DMC4) related to dante?

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
NerosDevil;149392 said:
No its not, I have a DVD collection overlapping the entire series to DMC1 up to DMC4 with Nero. Kobayashi clearly stated on Saber of Saviour it was NELO not NERO on the interview, it was NEVER stated once by Capcom it being a mistake on numourous times intending it to be Nelo. It's clearly fan speculation it's 'wrong'. How can a multi-million company not admit to/state it WAS wrong having a major character's name said faulty? Seems farfetched. The DMC.wiki is bullcrap so stop reading it off there for a source of factuallity. I've tried changing it; whoever keeps changing it back is a total dumbass and hasn't even watched half the Japanese subtitled books or DVD's, specially Saber and Ssstylish.

Well for one, the actual word is "NERO", which is Italian for black. Hence NERO Angelo means Black Angel, while NELO Angelo is...a WTF. Now here's where you are getting thrown off with the DVD interviews, because Capcom has noted a number of times that Nelo was an error, INCLUDING the post-script notes in the novels, but they stuck with it for some unique flavor. There is no L in Japanese, so often when someone from japan speaks in english, often they will either say their Ls as Rs, since in japan, they are interchangable...or they will sometimes say their Rs in an english word as L. This is very common, and I've seen it first hand at little Q&A sessions with japanese guests at conventions. Most notable was when the trasnator for the Director of FMA said "Winry" as "Winly", even though the characters name is outright supposed to be said "Winry."

Hence, the PROPER spelling to be origin language correct is Nero Angelo. Nelo resulted from a simple and common transliteration error, and Capcom decided to stick with it. Therefore, it's not "Fan speculation", it's confirmed, and it's been double checked in referencing to the origins of the name. Nero Angelo is proper italian for "Black Angel", NELO is a mistraliteration that just stuck.

Next time you tell someone "YOU'RE WRONG, AND I SAY SO", please do the research. The reason DMC Wiki keeps reverting your changes back is because Nero is the proper and correct spelling. They did the research, they did the reference work.

Zato-OW

King
Wow can't believe people still have the need to defend his name. Both are correct in a way. Nero being the correct spelling and Nelo being his final name. But I really don't understand Capcom. They could've fixed this error a long time ago after DMC1. But decided to keep Nelo for some strange reason. Even calling him the "Dark Angel" now. I guess they have big heads.

Bad Wolf

32 flavors and then some
Well, in the Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition, one of Vergil's alternate costumes has Nero Angelo as its Devil Trigger form, and the first game quite heavily hints at it. So I would believe that they are, indeed, the same person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom