• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Arbiter - Demon Soul?

HailTheKing

Battousai The Manslayer
OK guys, Firstly, I don't If this has be already been discussed (my apologies if this has been discussed already) but I just noticed something!

Untitled-8.jpg

Untitled1.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

Untitled3.jpg

It seems like some kind of spirit or is it the delay effect?? It also quite resembles Nero's DT. So, what do you guys think?

ZeroLove

We have yet to know how and where Dante gets these other weapons, but I really liked the idea in Devil May Cry 3 where the weapons were transformed souls of demons. I would like to see that as well in the new Devil May Cry, but where the demonic weapons are souls of demons, angelic weapons are the souls of angels which would only make sense.
Tameem said that angels in this game aren't as the angels we are used to. Normally angels are known for being spiritual guides and protectors of humankind, but maybe they are as corrupt as the demons in this game which forces Dante to fight them as well. We don't know yet, but it is a possibility.
That Arbiter has that red smoke after it as an effect could be just that: an effect. It doesn't have to mean anything than that it looks cool. However, I wouldn't mind it if it was because the weapons is actually possessed by a demon soul and that's what causes that effect.
Only time will tell.

ZeroLove

So then what does make rebellion?

We don't know what sort of background Rebellion has other than it is Dante's father who gave it to him. It might be demonic if Sparda turns out to be demonic, but we don't know yet. Maybe the soul of his mother is in it.

Nelo_Vergil

rebellion could also be a neutral weapon. There may actually be a very valid reason why it's called rebellion.

Tiran

The great pretender.
I hope rebellion's power is the ability to absorb and copy other demon powers thus changing it's form and abilities.

Dante: Hah!!! Vergil, you can suck it with your inter-dimensional portal opening blade that cuts through anything within a mile radius with ease and even parts and creates pocket dimensions of space itself. Thanks to Ninja Theory ... My sword can do more than throw energy waves and cut things!

Vergil: (quietly sipping tea. back turned) Lovely, Dante, just lovely.

Dante: Yeah, bitch! Now, I can transform it into other weapons by absorbing other demons powers and abilities!

Vergil: ...And what do these weapons do?

Dante: WHAT DO THEY DO? They... (looks down at Rebellion)

Vergil: ...cut things and throw energy waves?

Dante: (pouts) ..So.

Vergil: Pwned.

Nelo_Vergil

I hope rebellion's power is the ability to absorb and copy other demon powers thus changing it's form and abilities.

Dante: Hah!!! Vergil, you can suck it with your inter-dimensional portal opening blade that cuts through anything within a mile radius with ease and even parts and creates pocket dimensions of space itself. Thanks to Ninja Theory ... My sword can do more than throw energy waves and cut things!

Vergil: (quietly sipping tea. back turned) Lovely, Dante, just lovely.

Dante: Yeah, bitch! Now, I can transform it into other weapons by absorbing other demons powers and abilities!

Vergil: ...And what do these weapons do?

Dante: WHAT DO THEY DO? They... (looks down at Rebellion)

Vergil: ...cut things and throw energy waves?

Dante: (pouts) ..So.

Vergil: Pwned.

actually i assumed most of the inter-dimensional,mile radius stuff was mostly vergil's power. The sword itself has a seal, ala DMC4?, but power it uses i always as vergil's doing not just his katana. That just goes to show how far along vergil is vs dante

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
That Arbiter has that red smoke after it as an effect could be just that: an effect. It doesn't have to mean anything than that it looks cool. However, I wouldn't mind it if it was because the weapons is actually possessed by a demon soul and that's what causes that effect.
Only time will tell.
I don't think that is smoke, it appears to take form into a demon of sorts swinging an axe in the exact motion Dante is doing with his axe

Tiran

The great pretender.
actually i assumed most of the inter-dimensional,mile radius stuff was mostly vergil's power. The sword itself has a seal, ala DMC4?, but power it uses i always as vergil's doing not just his katana. That just goes to show how far along vergil is vs dante

Yeah, I think Dante just feels closer to his human self than Verg. That's why he's more prone to use human weapons. Maybe tapping into and using ones own inner demonic powers influences you? That would be fascinating to explore.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
We don't know what sort of background Rebellion has other than it is Dante's father who gave it to him. It might be demonic if Sparda turns out to be demonic, but we don't know yet. Maybe the soul of his mother is in it.
I think rebellion might be a tool designed to help Dante gain control off his powers by allowing him to switch between the two sides hence the different weapons and their colors.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
In the second image, the outline above Dante in the middle appears to be bald. Perhaps it's the soul of an extremely skillful Axe-Wielding demon known as Arbiter?

Either way though, the effect looks awesome! I swear, every where I look lately, this game just gets more and more amazing.

AngelMode

I read a description of Rebellion in DMC4 (I think) that said that Rebellion was the physical manifestation of Dante's power. So it is to Dante what Force Edge was to Sparda... per say. I'm not sure how Sparda had Rebellion before Dante was even born if it really is his soul weapon or whatever... so I'm not sure how that makes any sense.

At any rate, that shape of a person slashing that Arbiter leaves behind reminds me of Nero's DT a lot, so they probably are even going to explain how Nero's DT worked? NT might be thinking too much into this one if this is true.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I never noticed that! LOL Very cool. maybe it is the Nero's DT and leaves a second manifestational attack. Also I love the Rebellion's part in DmC and in DMC. It's just an ordinary magic/demonic sword that's used to kill demons.

Because powerful destiny type weapons are TOO Mainstream.:ermm:

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
i think that maybe the demon weapons are the souls of the boss demons. so arbiter could still contain said soul which does damage after swinging or something like neros DT. but if thats the case how do angel weapons work? does dante kill angels too?? i think maybe demon weapons are souls of bosses and angel weapons are artifacts. Tameen said angels arent like were used to so i think theyll either just be demons who DONT want to kill all humans or angels are governed by loads of unfair, aggressive and rutheless laws. they stand up for perfect order (note, the worst things that happned in history where don in the name or "order") and take out anyone in their way demon or otherwise

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
I never noticed that! LOL Very cool. maybe it is the Nero's DT and leaves a second manifestational attack. Also I love the Rebellion's part in DmC and in DMC. It's just an ordinary magic/demonic sword that's used to kill demons.

Because powerful destiny type weapons are TOO Mainstream.:ermm:
133718900378.jpg

You know what else is too mainstream, Rebellious teenager heroes who hate everything.

Isn't NT supposed to be good at making mainstream things seem interesting? From what I've heard about Enslaved, it's practically their talent

Top Bottom