• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Another returning DMC cast member

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
There are only two Volumes of the manga. Although there were supposed to be 3. Code 01: Dante and Code 02: Vergil. Its events are a year before the DMC3.
There was supposed to be a Code 03: Lady but the artist dropped the project for unknown reasons.

Mobfigurz

So the story is tied to the Games?

When was it created, was it created in conjunction with the games or an entirely seperate project?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Well from what I know every book (yes even the novels at the beginning) started off with permission from Capcom were official and they followed that game's plot.
However the DMC1 Novel surely is off now since it showed some things about before Dante opened "Devil May Cry" and how he got Ebony & Ivory. Even Vergil was in it. So with DMC3 coming in its place that story didn't stand as cannon anymore.
For the DMC2 Novel I haven't a clue. It's supposedly a bit before the beginning of DMC2. But for a reason when DMC3 came on sale it automatically along with the 1st Novel declared non-cannon by Capcom.
I think the artist just learned the events of the game and did the job on his own, but there's no clue if Capcom asked him in order to fill some DMC3 plot holes (like how Dante knew instantly that Vergil survived from the assault of devils that killed their mother) or just happened to actually do that (the filling) as a matter of sheer luck.
Perhaps it's both.

I suppose that's why the 3rd attempt was a Manga rather than a Novel. And as the others it is done according with the DMC plot and was published after Capcom agreed with it;)

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
How can you say they are not?Everything is possible.
Old characters CAN return. And about Lucia, Dante and her knew each other in DMC2 without exchanging names. Maybe they met before DMC2. Of course all this is just speculation but then again anyone can return.
And Vergil IS Nelo Angelo, I don't see how you make them like two different entities.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Well in DMC3:SE when you start as Vergil you see how he and Arkham met in the library.
That happens in the manga too. But there is a difference between the two. In the game he's already a demon whereas in the manga he still hasn't killed his wife.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Yeah yeah smart boy.
Well in case you don't know the storyline goes like this:

DMC3 Manga - DMC3 -DMC1 -DMC4 -DMC2

I don't think that Lady died because she did not appear in DMC1 and just like I said Dante knew Lucia without exchanging names. Maybe they were friends/partners before DMC2.
Also for the last time Vergil IS Nelo Angelo:p

$JP

Supreme Ruler
I don't see Nelo Angelo coming back because Dante defeated Mundus in DMC 1, so Vergil being Mundus's slave as Nelo shouldn't exist anymore

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Well you never know, maybe Vergil conquered that power and it is under his control. Anything is possible at this point.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
What about Arius?????
When I played part 2 Dante shot him through the wall and he flew right out. But Im not sure if he died or anything like that.
He could still be alive you know.
Or maybe not...(Evil giggles)

Arwen

Lost Soul
I think they will bring back one of the girls that have been in he DMC series. I'm hoping it's Trish as she had more Skill then the other two.

Mobfigurz

DemonSlayer6;44276 said:
What about Arius?????
When I played part 2 Dante shot him through the wall and he flew right out. But Im not sure if he died or anything like that.
He could still be alive you know.
Or maybe not...(Evil giggles)

Arius is DEAD, you fight him on both Discs towards the end, when he becomes some hideous creature, you kill him, he dies.

Top Bottom