• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

And the winner is ...

Who is better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
They're both characters from the same creator, have similarities in their background stories, and have some mean fighting skills.
Who do you guys think would win and say why.

Meg

Well let's see. I've never played Bayonetta soooo i guess Dante would win. I can't wait for Bullet_Witch to see this. She's gonna have a fun time deciding. :lol:

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I say Bayonetta.
She's got witch time and the summoned demons to her disposal. And then she's got the biggest weapon yet - her body. Anyone who's played Bayonetta will know what I mean with that.
Dante might be half demon but he's still a man. My bets are on Bayonetta whipping and thoroughly owning him in the two seconds his attention is nailed elsewhere.

...Sorry Dante. The truth hurts.

That, plus the fact that Hideki himself said no guy could beat a woman like her fairly. Which gives a gap for Dante to come in and pwn her, because we know he doesn't fight fair, but then again, they're so like-minded in character that she would probably already know what stunts he'd try to pull before he did.

Sparda™

The truth would hurt If what you said above would be true.

An angered Dante, in Majin form, If he'd go that far - would make Bayonetta beg for mercy.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
But Bayonetta killed God, and Dante only sealed Mundus. I think there's a big gap in power there.

Sorry Dante, but I think Netta wins this round.

And Dante doesn't have his Majin Form until 2, which is generally disregarded as non-canon by Capcom so that's a problem...

Sparda™

DreadnoughtDT;217288 said:
But Bayonetta killed God, and Dante only sealed Mundus. I think there's a big gap in power there.

Sorry Dante, but I think Netta wins this round.

And Dante doesn't have his Majin Form until 2, which is generally disregarded as non-canon by Capcom so that's a problem...

Jubileus is not God.

Mundus is the negative counterpart of God.

Dante wins.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
If Dante can never hit her, then what is he supposed to do? She can just whittle him down until he dies. If he can die in game, why can't he die in the "cutscene world" as I so bluntly put it.

This is why I wish Dante would get his ass kicked at least once. So far he's just too predictably invincible... BOREFEST.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
DreadnoughtDT;217303 said:
If Dante can never hit her, then what is he supposed to do? She can just whittle him down until he dies. If he can die in game, why can't he die in the "cutscene world" as I so bluntly put it.

This is why I wish Dante would get his ass kicked at least once. So far he's just too predictably invincible... BOREFEST.

you really want dante to lose a fight. ( but you have said you are opposed to the return of vergil. so that leaves you with a bit of a delemma.:) dante will not lose to anyone else in dmc.) but you might have a point. but you might not. vergil is know for insane speed but dante beat him.

Sparda™

Captain Obvious, Mundus is the counterpart/polar opposite of God, is the same thing. :lol:

Bayonetta needed help from Jeanne and summoned the true goddess of hell, or whatever grotesque thing that was, Queen Sheba, to destroy an only half-powerful Jubileus.

Dante used Sparda's sword to seal Mundus. You can't kill entities which are balances to opposite flows of energy.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Perhaps only Jubelius' physical form was destroyed. Just like demons, angels can never truly be destroyed as well.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
For me Dante wins cause i had looked Bayonneta and really it doesnt catch my attention.

Dante is good, but what DT is saying its true, he really needs to drop from the cloud.

Sparda™

DreadnoughtDT;217311 said:
Perhaps only Jubelius' physical form was destroyed. Just like demons, angels can never truly be destroyed as well.

Perhaps no.

Mundus' physical form was still present even after Dante beat him. Dante himself knows this and his father, Sparda, before him that Mundus can only be sealed and weakened but cannot die even physically.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Uh huh...

Well, you got me. I guess it really only comes down to a difference of opinion, and I still think Netta would win. Yay for standing out from the crowd! First the Nero thing, and now this? Jeez...

Sparda™

:lol:......

There's some observation I found though, not much of a parallelism but more of a copycat of Hideki's own work pasted in Bayonetta.

In DMC4, the Savior hadn't reached its full form yet when Nero found It. Since Dante and Trish interfered at the moment, Sanctus had no choice but to move on with his plans as fast as he could, sending Yamato to Agnus so he could open the Hell Gate and Sanctus could enter with the Savior in the scene saving Fortuna, making the prophecy 'true'. Nothing new in this.

But had the Savior reach its full form, he'd be a God, probably the most powerful entity in the Devil May Cry universe. Sanctus had a virgin, Kyrie, had someone with Sparda's blood, Nero, and the Sparda sword itself.

Jubileus in the other hand, needed both eyes to completely regain its strength. But since Bayonetta herself was the missing eye and was aware of the plan to restart the world, she didn't have a hard time having a great help on her side to decimate a 'demigod', let's say.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
So what you're saying is we have no proof how powerful Jubilius really is, because it never reached full power. However, if it had reached full power, it probably would've become God, just like how the Savior was almost God.

I suppose both of them have killed an "almost-god" then...

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
I haven't played Bayonetta yet - I still can't decide if I want to?

So just to be annoying I voted for D!

Sorry!
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom