• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Alastor or Rebellion - which do you prefer?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Alastor. When I picked up that sword in DMC 1, I stuck with it the entire game basically.

As for Rebellion, I find DmC's Rebellion looks the best. Don't care for the giant skull added to later incarnations too much.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
I'd rather use DMC Rebllion over DmC's because the latter provides too little protection for hands imo... And gawd if it hurts, being hit on your poor hands...
As for Alastor and DMC Rebellion... Mmh, I don't know, maybe I'd still go with Rebellion because Alastor never really caught my attention... But in general, since I started learning how to use a medieval sword, I came to like swords with a simpler design, because they are far more convenient in battle...
So, I'd go with Force Edge. Or better yet, Yamato. I love katanas.

Edit:
Oh, this obviously does not take into account magic-like abilities like DmC Rebellion's switch to different weapons and grapples. In this case, I'd surely go for DmC Rebellion.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Design wise.....Alastor.

Ability/use wise.....Rebellion. Can't beat badass moves like Drive, OverDrive, or Dance Macabre.

Overall Rebellion, my first DMC games were DMC3/4 so I don't have a nostalgic attachment to Alastor...or anything DMC1.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
For me it would have to be Classic Rebellion.

Dante doesn't need any special skills nor demon-magic to go along with the sword.'

He can still kick some living ass with it.

Top Bottom