• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Alastor or Rebellion - which do you prefer?

IncarnatedDemon

Managed to create thread without adding poll. Therefor post instead :)

I_am_Alastor_by_MMMurdock.jpg

Rebellion_DMC4.jpg

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Dude Alastor forever!!!! I have it in my head that if Alastor ever got a humanoid form like Nevan he would be like totally obsessive over Dante and get jealous whenever he'd take rebellion or some other weapon out on a mission instead of him. He was also my favorite sword or any weapon for that matter in DMC1.

IncarnatedDemon

My pick is also Alastor. I like Thunder and the physical sword dosn't look bad.
Rebelleion design looks weird with the tip of the blade.

IncarnatedDemon

I wonder why Capcom keeps changing from Alastor to Rebellion and so on.

Hideki Kamiya left Capcom, and i hear there was bad blood between Capcom and Kamiya.
So why are they using Kamiya's Dante?

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Because Capcom owns Dante, not Kamiya.

The other question is which Rebellion; DMC2, DMC3, DMC4 or NT DmC? because while the difference between the first three is mainly just appearences, DmC Rebellion as a LOT going for it.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
It's a shape shifting weapon that can absorb the properties of other items or infuse with energies from other demons. In addition, the Ophion form for grappling is very versitle and useful. Whereas Classic Rebellion just...hit **** hard. We never got a story to what special thing it did, like how Yamato split and locks dimensions, and the Sparda was. well, the GOD Sword. Rebellion was just a big sword.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Oh, that's a tough one.

I like Alastor because it's got a cool design and electricity factors. However I like rebellion for its simplicity in usage and all around presentibility. But when it comes down to it, I prefer rebellion.

Dude Alastor forever!!!! I have it in my head that if Alastor ever got a humanoid form like Nevan he would be like totally obsessive over Dante and get jealous whenever he'd take rebellion or some other weapon out on a mission instead of him. He was also my favorite sword or any weapon for that matter in DMC1.
tumblr_mjxm4fjoJP1r0a5pgo1_500.jpg

For the poll i just thought of Original serie, not NT's DmC.

But tell me why NT's Rebellion has alot going for it?

I like the way its formed and its simplicity. It doesn't need to have all these accessories and bones on it to be a cool and hefty swords. Plus I kinda got a thing for long swords.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
It's a shape shifting weapon that can absorb the properties of other items or infuse with energies from other demons. In addition, the Ophion form for grappling is very versitle and useful. Whereas Classic Rebellion just...hit **** hard. We never got a story to what special thing it did, like how Yamato split and locks dimensions, and the Sparda was. well, the GOD Sword. Rebellion was just a big sword.

Rebellion is actually a magical sword (i think that it explain why it can do things like Drive or return to Dante's hands automaticaly), it's said on DMC3 description, i think. And it's kinda implicit that it was made to react with Dante's blood to release it's full power (whatever this power is, must be related to Dante's demon form).

I prefer Rebellion over Alastor, Rebellion is much more simple yet cooler than all that eletric sparkling from Alastor. But i think my favourite Dante sword is Force Edge: i find its design so simple yet so cool, i often use DMC1 Dante costume while playing DMC3 just to use Force Edge instead of Rebellion.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Rebellion is actually a magical sword (i think that it explain why it can do things like Drive or return to Dante's hands automaticaly), it's said on DMC3 description, i think. And it's kinda implicit that it was made to react with Dante's blood to release it's full power (whatever this power is, must be related to Dante's demon form).

It's only said that Rebellion is a physical representation of Dante's rebellious nature. Magic in natuire it is, but unlike the other two Swords of Sparda, it's not really given a specified role. Those abilitie slike returning to Dante's hands and Drive though don't seem specific to Rebellion, and more general demon abilities. It's just after Dante's DT awakened...Rebellion didn't have a lot of relevence other than being a big sword.

I prefer Rebellion over Alastor, Rebellion is much more simple yet cooler than all that eletric sparkling from Alastor. But i think my favourite Dante sword is Force Edge: i find its design so simple yet so cool, i often use DMC1 Dante costume while playing DMC3 just to use Force Edge instead of Rebellion.

And Sparda DT instead of the nasty ass bug larva?

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
It's only said that Rebellion is a physical representation of Dante's rebellious nature. Magic in natuire it is, but unlike the other two Swords of Sparda, it's not really given a specified role. Those abilitie slike returning to Dante's hands and Drive though don't seem specific to Rebellion, and more general demon abilities. It's just after Dante's DT awakened...Rebellion didn't have a lot of relevence other than being a big sword.

And Sparda DT instead of the nasty ass bug larva?

I think the specified role is simple to be Dante's sword and a keepsake from his father, nothing less or more than this. About returning to Dante's hand i think you're really right, now i remember that the Sparda's apprentice in the anime summoned his sword too, drive doesn't look that specific too really, but i think that it's demonic power channeled through the sword (that have kind of affinity with demonic power) thrown in a wave-like form. I think all the devil arms has something to do with Dante's DTs, they give Dante's minor changes in appareance in DMC3 (and big ones in 1), i think that demonic power sums up/gather when being manipulated by someone with more demonic power and that's basicaly what Rebellion is intended for.

Kinda, haha. I like both of the DTs nearly equally, it's for the Force Edge itself, i like simple and rough designs like Force Edge's.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Alastor all the way. I liked the dragon motif it had, plus, lightning is awesome.

Come to think of it, both of the "regular" Devil Arms in DMC1 had a dragon motif...

Top Bottom