• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ace Attorney fans rejoice!!!

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
Then need to start making some new IP's i mean they've been pretty much milking all their current ones

And trashing the rest of them. I mean they have quite alot of IP's they can toy around with but choose not to. But i say one step at a time, originality isn't in the Capcom blood anymore and going from "**** off everyone" to "Make a brand new IP that's executed well" might be too much for them.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
And trashing the rest of them. I mean they have quite alot of IP's they can toy around with but choose not to. But i say one step at a time, originality isn't in the Capcom blood anymore and going from "**** off everyone" to "Make a brand new IP that's executed well" might be too much for them.
I got to say the last new IP we got that I can think of was Ghost Trick and that was a while back

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
I got to say the last new IP we got that I can think of was Ghost Trick and that was a while back

Did you play it? It was fun as all hell to play and it had an amazing sense of humour.

Also this:

55jowdroll.gif

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Its really sad that its for digital download only because of that its going to be a little longer than expected till i buy it

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
This is why decent games go unnoticed.
They go digital only.

And Capcom is doing it on purpose knowing full well that their going to lose sales by making it digital download only. The ace attorney series sells really well for what it is and has a marginally big fanbase so why would they do this!

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I don't know hon, it's like they don't consider it worthy of they're time.
I think any digital games have a better chance of getting noticed if they went disc & digital, not just digital.

Okay think about it, the two poles here. One i made & one IncarnatedDemon made.
And in both more is leaning towards having disc format.
What's worse is when developers say digital only, alot of gamers look at it as Eww.
Like digital games are lower than bargain bin shopping.
It's understandable to because more than half the time the quality for digital only games sucks.

I think of it as a last resort for a very VERY niche game that may not sell well and would not be released other wise but even then when collecting its not as good as having a disc with a case. Not to mention the fact if you lost the sd card or your console broke you'd have to re buy the game. With Ace Attorney though I don't understand seeing how the series has 7 main games, a spin off with another popular ds character, a manga series, and a decent live action movie. So the way Capcom goes about with their first 3-D AA game is making it digital download only lowering the amount of people who will buy the game.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I swear if they pull that same crap with Monster Hunter 4 alot more people are gonna be ****ed off

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I think Capcom has a little more faith in MonsterHunter4

Of course they do.....it sells bucket loads I mean Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate....which is basically an improved version of MH Tri sold millions.

MH is in their top 5 highest selling IPs (1. Resident Evil 2. Street Fighter 3. Devil May Cry 4. Monster Hunter 5. MegaMan/Onimusha).

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
One of the highest selling doesn't mean much otherwise Capcom would be spitting out a new MegaMan Onimusha about now.

Onimusha ended technically and though it was selling well wasn't selling as much as the other 4 and MegaMan before Capcom stop making MM games were selling really poorly (and I mean poorly) and that they were both made by Keiji Inafune....they seem to hate him for some reason. Plus before its decline and sudden halt MM games never sold amazing compared to SF, RE, and even MH (MM sold a lot as a series because MM games came out really often and quickly, games normally have a dev time of 2 years maybe more but MM games were made in a year maybe less in the classic/X cases, and when Capcom slowed down production to a few games the series started becoming unprofitable....they should've innovated sooner and not release the same cash-ins although BN/SF as well as Zero/ZX were very unique and creative shame they were handhelds.)

Resident Evil is their highest selling IP.

Monster Hunter is their highest selling IP in Japan (even reaching near SF sales worldwide, it may have even surpassed Onimusha and DMC in total sales...although MH had more games than DMC and Onimusha).

Street Fighter is Street Fighter...who cares.

Devil May Cry was selling good (their fifth franchise to pass the 10 mil units mark) but if Capcom continues with DmC, they might as well be digging the DMC series grave.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Maybe you should've said well known instead of one of the highest selling.

Well MegaMan and Onimusha are some of their highest selling series (maybe not now) but MM as a whole totaled 30 mil units sold (although RE may have surpassed it) and Onimusha is near DMC level sales (although it was around before DMC).

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Yes & as i said highest selling didn't mean much to Capcom.
So i think it was something that didn't need as much work to develop.

Not sure about Onimusha but your right though. However, nothing is stopping Capcom from rehashing MM9 & MM10 and put out a MM11, MM12, MM13, MM14, MM15, MM16, MM17, MM18, MM19, & MM20 that are just like it (but with lamer Robot Master ideas such as Pillow Man, Corn Man, TV Man (which believe me sounds possible we got Spring Man), Condom Man, Dildo Man, and Juice Box Man)It worked well with MM9 & MM10 and those sell well.....well enough for the bugdet needed to make them (which is relatively low) and doing the same with the X series because of "nostalgia" or doing the same with that free SFxMM crossover (that they didn't even make themselves).

They can easily make a new MM game with 1/10 the budget of a new DMC/SF/AA/RE/any other Capcom game. In fact they even made a free browser based Onimusha game and 2 iOS MegaMan games.

Top Bottom