• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A Shadow Knight cometh

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Having said that GGC, I was thinking if Vergil knew more about Sparda because he 'was closer' to his father.
Perhaps Dante didn't want to know because of the bond he had with his mom.

Zato-OW

King
Vergil probably only knew what was written about Sparda from other people. He claimed he was following his fathers footsteps learning all he could so he would have the knowledge to surpass him.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Vergil'sB*tch;190454 said:
Having said that GGC, I was thinking if Vergil knew more about Sparda because he 'was closer' to his father.
Perhaps Dante didn't want to know because of the bond he had with his mom.

:huh: I always thought Vergil was the mommy's boy? lol

And honestly, the first thing I thought when Dante answered Lady's question with a 'well there's a lot of confusion surrounding him' (regarding Sparda), was - what a friggin ****head. How can Capcom do this to us? HOW? WHY?! Gyargh! Dante knows a lot more than he's letting on, how else could he know that there's confusion around Sparda's legend if he didn't know the facts?

Sparda™

Dante knows about Sparda a lot more than It shows, even more than Vergil's studies and obsession with his father's figure.

I'm using common logic, GGC, something that is useful in understanding characters more than shown.

Zato-OW

King
Well from the old books that were thrown out tells something different. Dante was the mommas boy and Vergil felt neglected because he wasn't as "soft" as Dante. Eva seemed to attend to Dante a lot more then Vergil or something like that. I remember it saying that Dante didn't like Vergil because the way he slicked his hair back which reminded Dante of Sparda in which he hated Sparda as a child.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;190461 said:
Well from the old books that were thrown out tells something different. Dante was the mommas boy and Vergil felt neglected because he wasn't as "soft" as Dante. Eva seemed to attend to Dante a lot more then Vergil or something like that. I remember it saying that Dante didn't like Vergil because the way he slicked his hair back which reminded Dante of Sparda in which he hated Sparda as a child.

Yeah, that's what I've heard. It can be easily seen in the Mission 7 cut scene in Devil May Cry 3, when Dante clearly says... 'I just don't like you, that's all.'

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Zato-OW;190461 said:

Where do you guys get this info, seriously? There were actually books that were thrown out? Who wrote them? What were the titles? What year were they in print?

Sparda™

clairavance;190464 said:
Where do you guys get this info, seriously? There were actually books that were thrown out? Who wrote them? What were the titles? What year were they in print?

You guys seriously ask a sh1tload of questions. :lol:

Sparda™

Vergil'sB*tch;190492 said:
How do you know so much about DMC Sparda? (or is that info classified)

I enjoy most of the game franchises that were released by Japanese game companies and as well of a few select North American ones.

As I'm someone who likes every little detail, I search a lot even about small fractions of storyline-related plots or just plot-holes created on purpose - or not - by game designers.

Sometimes, I receive such info from fellow colleagues who share the same passion of mine - the one of being interested in details.

Just by searching and reading everywhere you can in the Internet, that's no secret. Everyone can do that. Depends on the amount of hours you're willing to put to use in order to retrieve information - If you succeed, those hours will be rewarded, If not, just put to waste. That's a risk everyone like me has calculated before.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Sparda™;190500 said:
I enjoy most of the game franchises that were released by Japanese game companies and as well of a few select North American ones.

As I'm someone who likes every little detail, I search a lot even about small fractions of storyline-related plots or just plot-holes created on purpose - or not - by game designers.

Sometimes, I receive such info from fellow colleagues who share the same passion of mine - the one of being interested in details.

Just by searching and reading everywhere you can in the Internet, that's no secret. Everyone can do that. Depends on the amount of hours you're willing to put to use in order to retrieve information - If you succeed, those hours will be rewarded, If not, just put to waste. That's a risk everyone like me has calculated before.

^ Dedicated to the last, eh? I admire that. I'm interested in a hell of a lot of things. As such my time dedicated to one thing tends to be rather limited. I end up knowing enough to get by, but that's about it unfortunately. I just go to whatever topic pulls me home. It's really quite random but it never gets boring.:D

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
King Avallach;190515 said:
^ Dedicated to the last, eh? I admire that. I'm interested in a hell of a lot of things. As such my time dedicated to one thing tends to be rather limited. I end up knowing enough to get by, but that's about it unfortunately. I just go to whatever topic pulls me home. It's really quite random but it never gets boring.:D

Good, I'm not the only one then :) I know a lot about a lot of things, but I don't go too deep into it to actually study the core. Thus, I have become a reservoir of useless information.

Sparda™

King Avallach;190515 said:

More than dedication, It's just the curiosity which characterizes us humans, but I just have a stronger bond with It.:D

Top Bottom