• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A Shadow Knight cometh

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
A shadow knight rose up,
holding an enchanted sword named after me.
That blade will challenge the devil's reign.

Destroying the minions of darkness
that stand in his path,
the knight finally faced the strongest demon.
But his strength was no match
for the devil's dark wrath.
He was defeated and fell into oblivion.

The people offered up their prayers,
believing in the day when the darkness would pass,
and sang songs of rememberance to the fallen knight.

These prayers became our strength, our miracle,
and by this miracle the shadow knight was reborn,
and once again fought the devil's power.

As the shadow knight said,
the darkness has cleared.

Alright guys. This poem is very, very Capcom (eg. hellishly confusing) and could possibly refer to what we can expect in DMC 5.
Who is the Shadow Knight referred to in this poem, do you think? And don't hamper on just one line, you need to take the whole poem into context.
Zany and I have discussed it before, but no solid conclusions have been reached (well, how could it, we're talking about DMC here)

Maybe if we all dissect it together, we can figure out just who the hell this Shadow Knight is? It's not Dante, and it's not Vergil, and it's not Nero. I think it all points to Sparda, but I stand to be corrected, since different lines point to different conclusions.

Sparda™

This is an old poem. Dunno where I read this, but the explanation about this said It is Sparda the one the poem is talking about. It's obvious.

Zany Blac

Well if it is sparda why then does thepoem read holding an enchnted sword named after me? and isnt sparda the dark knight not shadow knight? and seconly sparda was neva defeated by mundus correct me if i am wrong, Im still no further to understanding it sin discussing it with Clairavance, so if the geniuses in this forum *cough* sparda *cough* could clarify those tow contradictin lines i am dying to make sense of it all

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
um.....yeah....it COULD be sparda....but it more than likely isn't....i think maybe it shows another character will be introduced...and before y'all graon and moan about it, take in the fact that every game, in one way or another, will introduce new characters cuz Dante won't kill the same demons over and over...that would be boring and stupid....but i do pose my own question...where did u get it?

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
GamblingGambitCloud;190283 said:
um.....yeah....it COULD be sparda....but it more than likely isn't....i think maybe it shows another character will be introduced...and before y'all graon and moan about it, take in the fact that every game, in one way or another, will introduce new characters cuz Dante won't kill the same demons over and over...that would be boring and stupid....but i do pose my own question...where did u get it?

If you got DMC 4, you got the poem too. Look in the back of the guide.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I was about to say that it was in the back of the manual.
I think it could be about Sparda.
(The sword thing gives it away a bit)

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
A shadow knight rose up,
= Sparda/Dante

that stand in his path,
= Vergil/Nero

and sang songs of rememberance to the fallen knight.
= Sparda

Sparda™

A shadow knight rose up,

The 'after me' part is confusing. It feels like Sparda is speaking here. Shadow Knight is equivalent to Dark Knight. It's just a synonym put there to confuse even more but It's Dark Knight 100%.

Devil's reign refers to Mundus' reign.

Enchanted sword is obviously the Sparda sword.

It's kind of a monologue here - like he's telling a tale to himself. I know It's confusing. Sparda is telling the events that add Devil May Cry's storyline legendary features.

that stand in his path,

This cannot be Vergil as It falls in contradiction with the following part of the poem. None offered prayers for him, but for Sparda. This becomes confusing, because in a way, Vergil did challenge minions in his way.

and sang songs of remembrance to the fallen knight.

Well, ladies and gentlemen, If my eyes are not reading Egyptian hieroglyphs, this here proves that Sparda was defeated by Mundus in his first attempt to save humanity.

These prayers became our strength, our miracle,
and by this miracle the shadow knight was reborn,
and once again fought the devil's power.

The rise of Sparda.

As the shadow knight said,
the darkness has cleared.

The end.

Zato-OW

King
It's a poem that refers to Sparda. It's in the back of the DMC4 booklet that came with the game. Lol @ Sparda getting his ass kicked their first fight. I remember somewhere in DMC1 it claims Sparda fought Mundus with rebels behind him. Then in the intro it says Sparda fought Mundus alone... Must be two different fights then.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;190314 said:
It's a poem that refers to Sparda. It's in the back of the DMC4 booklet that came with the game. Lol @ Sparda getting his ass kicked their first fight. I remember somewhere in DMC1 it claims Sparda fought Mundus with rebels behind him. Then in the intro it says Sparda fought Mundus alone... Must be two different fights then.

Yeah, apparently Sparda fought Mundus twice.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'm sorry, I have to say this but Sparda is seriously weird if he is the one reciting the poem to himself, about himself. There is no other word for it. It's just weird. Well, that, and crazy.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Great, DMC just got more confusing! Couldn't Capcom make DMC5 about Sparda, perhaps somethings may become less complicated.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
The idea of it being a hint that Nero could be Sparda reincarnated crossed my mind. But then I took Yamato and stabbed the idea to death. No way could Sparda have been such a softy. NO WAY.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Give it a stab from me! :D
If it was Sparda reincarnated, wouldn't Nero be like Sparda? (Rebellious like Dante and arrogant and cold like Vergil)

Top Bottom