• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A couple hidden things

Status
Not open for further replies.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
i agree im not gonna memorize 18 different combo buttons either! so i hope maybe its similar to DMC3, you beat a boss and then gain a new weapon, instead of having one weapon that transforms into every weapon, but like you said i do hope you will be able to upgrade your weapons for new abilities

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
The D-pad is going to be where u select your weapon. which gives you 4 options. We know that the demonic form give you another weapon as well as angelic which give you a total of 6. Now if each weapon that is chosen will give you an alternate version of the weapon in demonic and angelic form, you'll have 12 weapons. It doesnt seem too hard to manage by switching weapons, especially if you can select which weapon goes where

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
hopefully its gonna be a simple system for fluid weapon switching, it doesn't seem complicated, so hopefully NT won't make it complicated

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
The D-pad is going to be where u select your weapon. which gives you 4 options. We know that the demonic form give you another weapon as well as angelic which give you a total of 6. Now if each weapon that is chosen will give you an alternate version of the weapon in demonic and angelic form, you'll have 12 weapons. It doesnt seem too hard to manage by switching weapons, especially if you can select which weapon goes where

Makes sense since you use the analog stick to move around. Other games I've played employ this feature and it works reasonably well.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
okay so not to change topic, but in the first trailer does anyone have any idea what the figure is that chases dante down the building?

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I'm not sure if that's a chunk of the building or an actual figure. :/ Something is falling with him though.
i guess it could be a piece of debris, but i was guessing it was a figure since dante jumps off the building as if maybe trying to lose whatever is on his trail, but that's just my guess

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
i guess it could be a piece of debris, but i was guessing it was a figure since dante jumps off the building as if maybe trying to lose whatever is on his trail, but that's just my guess

You could be right. Unfortunately due to the video being slightly blurry at the time in question, it's really hard to tell. Fast motion and flash video format don't go well, even in high res.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
You could be right. Unfortunately due to the video being slightly blurry at the time in question, it's really hard to tell. Fast motion and flash video format don't go well, even in high res.
agreed :/ gosh they better give alot of info on this game at TGS 2011

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Its kinda doubtful that they'll show anything, since all the games that are supposed to be there are gonna be released within the year. But we might get to see DMC HD collection. I understand what you mean though, we need more info on this game NOW! i've seen these trailers enough i want story and dante to speak and other people talking, but more of all a demo of it being played on a ps3 with the guy with a controller and tv in sight.

another thing, when dante goes into his forms, little changes about him except his weapon, so i dont think he's part anything completely, but who knows

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
yeah, i really hope they do though, because TGS would be a perfect place to showcase a bunch of new info. definitely story needs to explained, at least to some degree, a live demo should be shown, and yeah i would like to hear dante's voice. hear him crack some jokes, or smart ass remarks like the old dante; alot of people are turned off by his personality because so far all we've seen of his personality is an angry, silent dude. so maybe if ninja theory shows that dante still has that same care-free, joke-shooting attitude more people would accept this character. go ahead ninja theory show off some character

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
Its kinda doubtful that they'll show anything, since all the games that are supposed to be there are gonna be released within the year. But we might get to see DMC HD collection. I understand what you mean though, we need more info on this game NOW! i've seen these trailers enough i want story and dante to speak and other people talking, but more of all a demo of it being played on a ps3 with the guy with a controller and tv in sight.

another thing, when dante goes into his forms, little changes about him except his weapon, so i dont think he's part anything completely, but who knows

In some parts, during his changes, he goes his changes different percentages of black/white or somewhere in between. At one point I think I saw him with half black and white.

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
Watch the videos again. I don't remember if they showed him Devil Triggering at all, but when he does, his hair color changes. (Unless it's just really bad lighting and angles that play the color blind trick on you).

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Watch the videos again. I don't remember if they showed him Devil Triggering at all, but when he does, his hair color changes. (Unless it's just really bad lighting and angles that play the color blind trick on you).
oh yeah his hair does change, which many people are assuming is his devil trigger, but i kinda hope not because that would be a lame devil trigger. in stead i hope this is just a "trigger" mode in which you will be able to switch between an actual devil form and since dante is now part angel, an angel form

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Well yea, he does change to white hair, red coat dante and it looks like quicksilver all together, but i was talking about when he uses his sythe and giant ax, those are the angelic and demonic forms but there is no change to his appearance at all, just his sword changes

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Well yea, he does change to white hair, red coat dante and it looks like quicksilver all together, but i was talking about when he uses his sythe and giant ax, those are the angelic and demonic forms but there is no change to his appearance at all, just his sword changes
well my theory is that (for example L1 is the "trigger button" and then L2 is angel mode, R2 is devil mode) maybe you go into trigger mode then once there you can hold L2 or R2 to transform his appearance and abilities

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!

It's preview gameplay still. They probably didn't include the weapons change for simplicity, or the more practical reasoning of "it's still bugged and not working right." From what I've seen, the morphing weapon idea changes the weapon according to the form you're using. It's kinda lame, because the weapon itself doesn't change much (as of yet - remember, this is preview gameplay we're looking at). But there's enough of a change to let you know "hey, I switched weapons."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom