• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A Change in the Timeline

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
In 4 he is pretty mute when he meets Nero , up til he sees the devil bringer

Maybe seeing Nero being so cocky reawakened his own immaturity

In the anime he is quite nonchalant about most things compared to 3 and 1

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
In 4 he is pretty mute when he meets Nero , up til he sees the devil bringer

Maybe seeing Nero being so cocky reawakened his own immaturity

In the anime he is quite nonchalant about most things compared to 3 and 1

You’re right. I’d put this down to him being bored. At that point he’d already sealed Mundus, defeated his corrupted brother and pwned most of the underworld. Dante has no real challenge at that point or anything to prove until the events of 5 where he receives his own fair share of being bitchslapped.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
The writers made him too op ha

Having to hold back when you love a good fight , would get to you I guess

lol

Thing is I’ve said it before but the only real person that Dante has any problems facing is Vergil. Maybe even Nero given time. Apart from anyone that also holds Sparda’s blood through inheritance he has no real threats.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I like to think he tries against Vergil due to their rivalry, as neither of em likes to lose to the other

So with Vergil gone in his mind , mundus gone and not knowing Nero yet

I could see why he would be bored to tears in 2

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
Every dmc dispit dmc 3 4 and 5 had different director and writer that's why we have different dante every time... While we can see That in dmc 3 4 and 5 dante is the same, he is coocky and joke every time but get serious when needed, because there is also a continuity in director writer and voice actor who also make the motion capture and as far as I remembered he improvised some of Dante joke... Also the fact that dante is mute at the start of dmc 4 is a remainder to dmc 2 dante personality, Infact Nero say: I thought a cat had your tongue
This phrase is a joke referring to dmc 2 dante never talking, I don't remember if it was itsuno who confirmed this

Last edited:

Goldsickle

Maybe he was on his man period , or tried to do diy which didn't work out and it put him in a mood
I always thought it was the happy-go-lucky people who are always depressed.
I mean, some of the random suicides I've seen on the news happened to the "least likely" people.
Maybe close relatives can sense something but for the general public, a few comical, happy people took their lives out of the blue.

So who knows?
Maybe Dante's happy-go-lucky attitude in DMC4 & DMC5 is the sign of advanced depression.

BlackAngel

They did the smartest thing ever putting 2 before 4, Infact it give a more fluid connection between dmc 4 and 5 and let you continue Nero and dante story, putting 2 between 4 and 5 would have only broken the timeline for newcomer who want to play dmc story, imagine if someone played dmc for the first time and did it in chronological order they had to play dmc 2 after 4 and in term of story its really poor. ... Also dmc 2 is so uselless could have been and episode of the dmc anime just a simple job for Dante, also there is no reason for Dante being dark and silence in dmc 2, the developer and writer were simply different from the first dmc and decided to give dante a more sirious character and also because it was bad written, they are all serious and without motivation in that game... Also dmc 5 before the nightmare explain in term of story why they put dmc 2 before 4, and it expand dmc 2 story and mitology those saving that game story a bit

Ok, there's a couple of things wrong with this. #1: How Dante became silent, mature, and serious into a goofball as her once was? The story didn't even explained why he's changed (so does DMC2) nor didn't explained why he leave things to date by tossing a coin.

#2: His Majin Form wasn't even in DMC4 which doesn't make any sense.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Majin form is only usable when he is near death

Nothing pushed him to that in 4 , the whole of 4 was a joke to him

So that doesn't mean he can't use it

It's like dreadnought form not being in 5

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
True but in 2 as I said it was gameplay related and not cutscenes or story related , and 4 wasn't in the pipeline then

In 5 he was pushed to his limit against urizen in the beginning, while in 4 he toyed with everything

And in 2 he was just bored so he killed all round him lol

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
Ok, there's a couple of things wrong with this. #1: How Dante became silent, mature, and serious into a goofball as her once was? The story didn't even explained why he's changed (so does DMC2) nor didn't explained why he leave things to date by tossing a coin.

#2: His Majin Form wasn't even in DMC4 which doesn't make any sense.
#1 dmc 2 is simply bad written and I say this million of times, there was another director and different team that made this game it wasn't the same from dmc 1 and they decide that it would be cool to have dante silent, but they were wrong, there is no actually story reason for that it simply a stupid choice made by developer who weren't able to write a good story (I write this million of times in this thread and also in the one post you quoted)
#2 Majin form his a desperate dt form and he used it in dmc 3 manga and dmc 2 gameplay, it s like a non perfect sin devil trigger, dante has no need to use it in any situation because he is never in danger, chronologically happeared first in dmc 3 manga, you can say why didn t he use it in dmc 5 prologue, or dmc 3 or in dmc 1 against mundus ? Well that would be a good question...
Dmc 2 story is so poor bad written and stupid that they could have put it before dmc 1 or after it, or after 4 or after 5, the story is not connected to any game so you can put him everywhere, and really who care about that game, I like it but it's a bad bad bad Game, itsuno worked hard to forget that game, who was one of the worst game ever made, and finally give us 3 fantastic dmc game, 3 4 and 5, so who really care about 2, Capcom made the mistake to give dmc 2 to another developer team but this team was unable to make a good game or write a good story, Infact it's only inconsistence whit the rest of the series, we must only thank itsuno who take dmc 2 in the last 5 month of development, Infact the only good thing about that game are probably made by him, like rebellion who he used it again in dmc 3 and some of the move that will be used for dmc 3 style...

Last edited:
Top Bottom