• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

2010 - 2013.

Cabbage Detective

Cabbages <3
The embroidery on Vergil's coat....
oh-my-god-o.gif
wait what? :O

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Like a lot of people, I was ****ed at first, but then as time went on and I calmed down I decided that it deserved a fair chance, in a sense, I was definitely "skeptical" but willing to give it a shot if it peaked my interest, and as time went on it did.

especially after they redesigned this Dante to look more 'acceptable" in comparison to this initial appearance and also after I got to see more in depth gameplay.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Intrigued. Very intrigued.

Before they had mentioned anything about it being a different universe, or anything else about it other than the trailer itself, I had thought it was Sparda, since the guns didn't look like E&I, and thought he was using an alias, sorta like how Raiden originally was being called "Snake" at the start of his campaign :p

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
in a word angry. incredibly angry. i was about to punch a hole through my screen and run all the way to NT naked to punch them all in their balls. but with time, and seeing newer stuff being released my rage turned to skepticism then curiosity then full on excitement :D

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Was not impressed back then with the direction they intended to take it, and I'm still not. In fact I probably feel less happy about it now than when I saw the first trailer.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I was spellbound.

It was love at first sight.

Slightly off-topic:

Back on-topic:

No, I'm not blind to its flaws, and I really don't care about the series as a whole anymore. I'm sure that the sequel or DMC5 will give the fans the 60 fps and lock-on that they want.

In fact, I'm probably going to start a thread on the "Introduction & Goodbye" thread so that I can finally move on.

Goodbye Devil May Cry. It was good while it lasted.

tumblr_mdj92raBSU1rkdv4oo1_500.gif

I Make The Devils Cry

That said, I was more irritated at Vergil's changes, sure I love the new style for all the world, and three characters which were in the classics, but I will probably always prefer old Vergil over the new, except for how evil the new one is; he's freaking evil.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
I was dubious. I liked the inferred notion that this world's Dante might be an unstable young offender having an escapist fantasy while he's being starved and tortured by a despotic authority, because that actually seemed kind of stark and intimidating. On the other hand I thought the redesign was a terrible idea; the public identify franchises through the appearance of their protagonists, and when you not only completely change the general appearance but also the color palette of a widely recognizable video game icon, you rob the franchise of a huge amount of marketability. Imagine if you took away the hat and whip from Indiana Jones and coloured him purple. My misgivings weren't helped by the fact that I had just beaten Enslaved, and anticipated that Ninja Theory probably understood the point of Devil May Cry about as much as they did Journey To The West.

My anxiety was compounded when I saw the interviews with Antonaides and realised that he was, in fact, himself.

And in retrospect? I kind of miss that brief flash of optimism I once felt about the project because of that trailer.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
My initial reaction:
OnXOzLA.jpg

During the whole mess after seeing how both sides were acting immature:
Ixy5qdr.gif

And after playing the game on all difficulties:
Hxx9Zuk.jpg

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
When I first saw it I was like
tumblr_lwa3h2dLXv1r0c7cf.gif

didn't care really but then I started reading theories on what it could mean
tumblr_malxu1CTDb1rx5g2yo3_r2_500.gif

I promised my friends I would give it a chance but then Capcom/NT started acting like idiots
tumblr_mcsazhjs8A1r9piwi.gif

then the fans started acting like idiots
tumblr_inline_mmjehmYL7K1qz4rgp.gif

but then Dante started acting cocky again so I had hope
tumblr_m2rcicM6ZF1r3zat8.gif

but Mundas was stupid and the plot was almost a carbon copy of "they live"
tumblr_mmfyn1MVJ31qgstr7o1_500.gif

then Dante become obnoxious and not in the good way

tumblr_mmcuntr5I21soo8iyo2_250.gif

then new Vergil showed up and he was creepy
tumblr_inline_mmn1gbJI4o1qz4rgp.gif

And then I realized I may not get a DMC5
tumblr_mmeix9vj1g1r5xzspo1_500.jpg

So this is pretty much how DmC was for me

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
I disliked it because this abrupt change somehow stated that Capcom wanted to change the entire game, i was more shocked with Dante's anorexic body and "ill" face than anything else regarding his character design. But when i see him throwing a car at that demons my thoughts were: "Here we go... grappling mechanics interacting with scenario oppose to direct fighting the enemies, what the **** Capcom is planning to do, this will be really a gameplay aspect of the game?".

When i played the demo i was more relieved that it was not dumbed down to a drastic limited and generic level of gameplay, but still it doesn't looked like a Devil May Cry game and neither was challenging. But i decided to play the full game anyway, and it was a more fun and "complete" experience in Nephilim than on SoS or DMD; oppose to what my experience with ealier entries were, where i had to really understand enemy patterns and how to deal with them, and how to optimize my damage to maximum with every style in every given opportunity (just like we do when playing fighting games) or controlling the pace of the battle to scores some critical hits like in the first DMC.

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
I went from something akin to:

whatisthemeaningofthis.jpg

and then i got stuck into:

23686007.jpg

Then i played it and my reaction was something along the lines of:

tumblrmc453mb6291rwk5a1.gif

and then finally i came on here and saw people actually like the game and:

tumblr_m97r70DKAx1qdh0rs.gif

This is my story.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i didn't really care since i wasn't really into devil may cry back then but i saw the debut trailer and thought it was really nice. i liked his design (except his face).

Top Bottom