• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

2008-2009 Console Preference

The console you play the MOST!

• Total voters

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Angel;137612 said:
Done it for you. If you want to include handhelds too I can add that (DS and PSP)

Might as well add all of them now, including PC....sigh....

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Had to put handhelds as combined option because of the lack of poll slots, but done.

Esura

No prob.

I got Unreal Tournament 3 for PS3. Havent played it yet but it must be a blast online!

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Even though I know it will never happen (and I'm about to get shot down for this suggestion) I would love to see once every so often a kind of online multiplayer showdown between Live and PSN players - get a cross platform game and set up a cross platform match (which I know is not possible but I'm allowed to be this technologically retarded coz I'm a girl)....and then an all-or-nothing, winner-takes-all, total console fanboy glory war ensues. Then the winning console gets bragging rights until the next match.

Esura

@ darth_angelo45

I agree, PS3 and 360 are getting similar yet different at the same time. It seems that devs are starting to become more familiar with the PS3 architecture now. To contrast, devs have been feeling limited with what they can do with 360 now. I was like "OMG, is 360 ACTUALLY showing a flaw other than RROD?" If you dont believe me guys, look it up. One article I read was "A Chink in 360 Armor" or some shnit like that. As a fanboy it made me glee, but I started feeling bad for 360 owners who are devoted to it. Maybe this new update can help them out, I guess.

And I want a Wii SOOOO freakin' bad! I want No More Heroes!

Esura

Angel;137625 said:
Even though I know it will never happen (and I'm about to get shot down for this suggestion) I would love to see once every so often a kind of online multiplayer showdown between Live and PSN players - get a cross platform game and set up a cross platform match (which I know is not possible but I'm allowed to be this technologically retarded coz I'm a girl)....and then an all-or-nothing, winner-takes-all, total console fanboy glory war ensues. Then the winning console gets bragging rights until the next match.

Angel, I agree (thought u was gunna get shotdown huh? :lol:) But I HIGHLY doubt it with the competitive nature of the Gaming Industry nowadays.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
^shame - it would be so damn funny if nothing else :lol:

We'd have a Wii if there wasn't every chance our kid would throw the controller through the TV :lol:

I read an article a while ago about how the 360 has had the highest failure rate of any modern console yet somewhow manages to remain so insanely popular...it must be a marketing thing or something that made people overlook the phenomenal breakdown rate in the first year of release...

Esura

Angel;137634 said:
^shame - it would be so damn funny if nothing else :lol:

We'd have a Wii if there wasn't every chance our kid would throw the controller through the TV :lol:

I read an article a while ago about how the 360 has had the highest failure rate of any modern console yet somewhow manages to remain so insanely popular...it must be a marketing thing or something that made people overlook the phenomenal breakdown rate in the first year of release...

I swear to God that I've said that dozens of time. :lol:

People just shrugs me off as a "mindless" loser fanboy hating on 360 when I state that.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Oh I'm well aware of the failure rates even if I'm not aware of anything else :lol:

Honestly? We only got one because it was the next one available for the next generation of gaming. Had the PS3 come out first and with better specs for us in the UK instead of the lesser version of what you guys got (yet still horrendously overpriced) we would have gone straight for that first as Sony has been top dog for a hell of a long time. But in the UK we got hardly any titles, a less powerful machine, a hefty price tag, delayed release and (I don't know if this is global or not) no backwards compatability which was the selling point of the PS2 for me when upgrading from the PSOne.

It's a beautiful looking machine and has a ton of potential - it's just a case of developers truly tapping into it and being bold enough to make games which push Sony back to the forefront of the gaming world where they used to be. Microsoft isn't the god of consoles or anything - they just happened to fill the gap I personally required at the time and I saw no incentive to shift from the 360 to the PS3 after that. But like I said, the PS3 will reside in our home at some point - just need to find games worth the £300 price tag for the console.

Esura

We HAD full back. compat. until 40GB versions (the one I got) and the newer ones. They removed the Emotion Engine to reduce price of system. I guess 4 Sony, it was either DONT remove PS2 back. compat. and still be high as **** or remove it and put it in a more reasonable price range. A lose/lose situation.
However, ALL PS3s can play PS1 games though.

Dark Drakan

Admin
360 because it had the best titles, better exclusives, better price, better online system and over all at the minute is the best choice in my opinion. Ive always gone with the machine that offers the best for the money and the 360 does that no problem. I liked the N64 (had the best games) and the PS and PS2 as well as the Xbox but this generation Microsoft have learnt their mistakes. The Xbox had hardly any games but used the power as a selling point compared to the PS2 but now they took the other route. PS3 might boast all the power but has fell short a lot of the time and developers still struggle with the hardware and the 360 had many multiformat games reviewed and perform better on it. Same problem they had with the Xbox so seems like a schoolboy error to me. Ive always chosen the console with the most games and normally get them all but nothing has compelled me to get a PS3 yet. MGS 4 and Resistance Fall Of Man 2 look like great titles though & the odd few titles but nothing much to make me get a PS3 yet.

Sparda™

Being an ex-owner of a X360, playing with the PS3 almost daily at a friend's place...PS3 for me.

Even here, I count the multi-platform titles.

Devil May Cry 4 for was sold the most for PS3.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Dante Aseroth;137768 said:
Devil May Cry 4 for was sold the most for PS3.

It did yeah but huge sellers like GTA 4 sold more on 360. Not that it makes a difference though.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I have no issues with the wii it seems like a great system for the right kind of person but something that irritated me recently was this.

http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/207636/resident-evil-5-producer-slams-wii/

Not because RE5 is not coming to the wii but the fact that people seemed to expect Capcom to spend all that time making RE5 look at real as possible and then go back and downgrade it for the wii and I dont think thats fair.

Esura

Dante Aseroth;137812 said:
What amazes me is that PS3 is voted 8 times.

I knew a couple of persons that liked PS3, but not 8.

Im shocked too. I thought that this forum was mostly 360 user :lol:

Dark Drakan

Admin
Esura;137865 said:
Im shocked too. I thought that this forum was mostly 360 user :lol:

What would make you think that when only one DMC game has been on the 360? Quite obviously going to be more PS/PS2 and PS3 owners here as its a DMC forum. :lol:

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I personally voted for the 360.

I have no issues with the PS3 or the Wii, but the 360 grabbed me with the low price, decent selection of games and generally enjoyable online play, plus to mention the fact that my 360 has actually been pretty damn reliable as it stands.

The PS3 is by all means a great console, even though I followed Sony for years, I look back at how "reliable" my PS2 was, and I didn't want to go through it again, my PS2 quite honestly crapped out on me in the first month I owned the damn thing, sure, it was fun, and what with having experience with both the 360, and the PS3, I can safely say this isn't a biased opinion.

In summary, I find the 360 suits my needs as a gamer better than the PS3 does, well, that was nice, having a console based discussion that hasn't ended up in the toilet, nice one Esura, +rep to you my good man.

Top Bottom