• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

2008-2009 Console Preference

The console you play the MOST!

• Total voters

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Okay, now that newer games have been released for PS3 and 360 with vast updates for both systems either already released or yet to be released. What is your thought on the console race now? Before we begin, let me remind you that we are respectable and mature gamers. No console bashing, no insulting people for their console preference and no insulting innocent fanboys (like me :).

Note: I excluded the Wii for obvious reasons. Sorry Wii owners. :sad:

My console choice is still PS3. I continued to invest in PS3 because I have faith in Sony's ability as console maker, and as publishers etc. Despite the popular opinion, the games released for PS3 were satisfying enough for me to continue my trust in Sony. Heavenly Sword, Uncharted, and Metal Gear Solid 4 was by far the best games to me (I have other favorites but they are multiplatform so it'll be irrelevant to the point I'm trying to make) and made me feel that my $399 purchase of PS3 (got 40GB, I may be a Sony fanboy but I'm not stupid enough to actually buy those $599 20GB/60GB PS3s at launch). Also, the PSN may not be like Live, but it is not nearly as bad as people claim it to be. After many updates, the PSN is smooth and quite nice to use, and it is free. Nowadays, gamers equate "free" as a bad thing when it is really not. When I had 360, I liked Live, but I wasnt really "worth" $50 a year or $7-something a month, especially with my financial situation right now (I've been getting games like months and months after release cause of it). I met alot of people over PSN as well and have alot of friends on the PSN (85 friends on PSN). Its not perfect but it suffice. Also my PS3 has been a lifesaver in terms of web surfing. I accidentally spilled coffee in my Mac a year ago and been without a computer for awhile. Thankfully, my PS3 web browser was quite seamless (for most sites that is, some runs like shnit) and I've been using a PS3 browser for DMC.org since I joined here. Shocking huh?
Damn my hands hurting, ****, okay lemme continue. Dammit I forgot what I was gonna type, um.....OH! I'll discuss why I dislike the XBOX 360.

I dislike the 360, mainly due to Microsoft. I would have never believe the day when people actually consider Microsoft a "God's Gift to Gaming." I never really disliked 360 at first, as I did own it at one time (and regreted it). The 360 may have an awkward control scheme and a fan that sounds like a ****ing car revving up, but I cannot deny that 360 have some worthy games, not enough to make me choose it over PS3 but they were nevertheless awesome, particularly Gears of War. What makes me now dislike 360 is the RROD. I already hated Microsoft prior to RROD (I hated Microsoft prior to XBOX, I have a personal issue with them.....but for some dumbass reason I STILL got 360 mainly cause my elder brother was all like, "YOU GOT TO GET IT!") but RROD made me dislike Microsoft AND 360. My 360 RROD on me FIVE ****ING TIMES! OMFG I was ****ed off with a capital "P". And the hassle of sending it to Microsoft, waiting for a long ass time to get it back, rinse and repeat four more times just made me become sooo irritated. I plan on never getting 360 ever again.

Note: This was not console bashing in anyway. RROD does exist, the fan is loud as hell, and the 360 does have a messed up controller (in terms of D-pad). I stated facts. All other statements I made bout 360 were purely opinion and is not stated as fact and were not meant to deter the value of 360 or to **** of 360 console owners in any way. Thank you.

Okay, now you guys share. And please on the poll, choose the console you play MOST. I also wanna do a survey on console choices on this board. Also, state your PSN/Gamertag of the console you play the MOST.

My PSN: Esura

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I've grown up with Sony, but I switched to the 360 when I realised how many of my friends had them. To be honest; I was swayed by the price, the ads, my friends and the range of games available for it and my own reasons for liking it.

I have had no problems, yet *crosses fingers* I will say that both consoles are brilliant in my opinion. I don't hate the PS3 at all, it's just that I'm not too sure if there will be a time when I can just go and hand over £200 something to get a PS3. Atm, I'm trying to save up; and as 360 was the cheaper option, as well as my liking for both consoles... I bought the 360.

I enjoy playing it, and I think it's a decent console. I find the controller easy to use myself, and I like a little more to hold ;) :lol: I mean, the PS3 controllers for me are too skinny... When I had my proper dualshock ps2 controller *I have a dif type of ps2 controller* I felt like I was going to break it. And yeah, eventually the controller ****ed up so I had to get a new one.

When I look at reliability of the two consoles, I look back at my ps2 which has served me many years. Because of this, the PS3 wins in terms of reliability. But gaming wise, I don't mind either console. And if there were an option on the poll to choose both, I would have.

Esura

Nice!

Does it feel nice to discuss consoles without resorting to insults and flaming like other forums? Lets keep this up people! :)

The Da3dra

Master Of War
I don't have trouble using the controller so I guess you just have baby hands or something :p just a joke calm down

second the Wii should have been included because some people don't like the Xbox Or the PS3 and not having it here for "2008-2009 Console preferences" seems a little ascenine. You might have just called this thread "PS3 or Xbox360?"

I'm just going to restate that I am a gaming junkie and I don't like any one system more than another.

Granted the 360 wasn't all that it could be and that annoys me, but I'm not going to completely stop playing it becasue of that. As long as Microsoft is paying for the repairs and I have other systems to occupy me I am completely fine.

and sorry, I don't see my choice up there so I'm not voting :p

Esura

Wii doesnt count. Nintendo already stated b4 that they are not competing with 360 or PS3, MULTIPLE times. Wii is often excluded from discussion like this cause of this, as well as it being inferior to PS3 and 360 hardware wise.

If you have Wii, great, I dont care.
I'm not anti-Wii at all (I like the Wii) either. Nintendo just dont wanna get compared to Sony or Microsoft I guess.

The thing that annoys me is that I STATED BEFOREHAND that Wii wasn't going to be included, yet you brought it up anyway. And you didnt vote either cause Wii isnt up there, so wtf was the point of you posting?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I've voted for the 360 because that's the one I play most and I don't own a PS3. In the future, a PS3 will be on my list to purchase but right now the 360 offers the games I would play most.

I'm not really "up" on the whole Microsoft/Sony hating thing - if something does what I want it to do then I'm a happy bunny. Ok, so I hate Vista (but still use it because trying to get back to XP screwed my laptop up) and I've had the RROD once (but never since) and the noise of XBOX 360 isn't so bad once I've replaced it with the sounds of P.O.D at high volume :D - I don't like paying for Live as I think it should be something everyone has access to and I don't like the cost of some of the marketplace stuff coz it's overpriced in certain areas HOWEVER, like I said before, the 360 offers me what I want - games I enjoy, play again and again and feel I have gotten my money's worth out of. Plus I'm a total achievement whore :D

I know nothing about hardware, software, menswear - whatever. I'm aware of certain issues with both consoles and I don't really understand the fanboy thing but then we all have something we'll defend at some point. The PS3 might look like a George Foreman grill but it has things on offer that the 360 does not, such as a Blu Ray player and internet browsing facilities - even though on a 52 inch screen I still can't read the text :lol:...the 360 has the marketplace, online gaming and those lovely achievements :wub: which make me feel like I'm not a complete loser (sad but true).

If the price of the PS3 would drop some more - or a decent games bundle would come out with games that I would play often that are not available on the XBOX 360 - and if Blu Ray films weren't so damn expensive in the first place then I'd snap one up right away. But for the time being, the XBOX 360 is the sensible and economical choice of console for me personally.

The Da3dra

Master Of War
Esura;137567 said:
Wii doesnt count. Nintendo already stated b4 that they are not competing with 360 or PS3, MULTIPLE times. Wii is often excluded from discussion like this cause of this, as well as it being inferior to PS3 and 360 hardware wise.

If you have Wii, great, I dont care.
I'm not anti-Wii at all (I like the Wii) either. Nintendo just dont wanna get compared to Sony or Microsoft I guess.

The thing that annoys me is that I STATED BEFOREHAND that Wii wasn't going to be included, yet you brought it up anyway. And you didnt vote either cause Wii isnt up there, so wtf was the point of you posting?

It's not a ****ing matter of wether or not they are ****ing competeing with PS3 or 360 you ignorant prick.

this thread is ****ing called "CONSOLE PREFERENCES" not "IM A MOTHER****ING FAN BOY AND DO EVERYTHING IN MY ****ING POWER TO ****ING BASH XBOX" SO **** YOU

LIKE HONESTLY YOU ARE SINGLE HANDEDLY THE MOST STUPID MOTHER ****ER I KNOW

The Da3dra

Master Of War
IF THIS THREAD IS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT PEOPLES ****ING PREFERENCES, LOGIC ****ING DICTATES THAT THE WII SHOULD BE UP THERE. AS A MATTER OF FACT I'D ****ING BET MONEY YOU ONLY STARTED THIS THREAD JUST TO BASH XBOX AND HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH PEOPLES PREFERENCES.

I'M ****ING SICK OF YOU AND YOUR IGNORANT ****ING FANBOY-ISM. I'D RATHER ****ING SKEWER MY BALLS WITH A MOTHER****ING RAILROAD SPIKE THAN SIT HERE AND LISTEN TO ANY MORE OF YOUR BULL****.
IGNORE LIST

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Right, that's just about enough to **** me off.

(1) Why is it that every single thread has to end up with pathetic arguments over the slightest thing? I mean seriously people, it's just a topic.

(2) There is no respect for people's topics any more. It's like someone will make a topic about something, only wishing to have a decent and healthy debate about something; but that ends up annoying someone in some way. It's childish people, we need to respect people's topics.

(3) In this case, it's not like Esura created this to flame or anything. He even said himself that the Wii would not be in the poll, so it's not really something to snap at. If you don't wish to say anything other than how stupid you find it that the Wii is not in the poll, don't speak at all... Or do speak, just on their profile or in a PM.

(4) There are younger people around here, and swearing all the time is setting a bad example. There is hardly need to resort to bad language at all, and if so it should only be used in PM's...Where it's out of the site of other members who wish to browse through something without having to read "F this, and F that"...

I'm sorry, but I had to say these points here so that maybe things won't get out of hand. But I suggest we carry on discussing things like the topic maker wishes for us to do, and put this and off topicness behind us. And if it really is that big of a deal, just create a similar topic but add more consoles in the poll...Simple.

The Da3dra

Master Of War
I was about to bash you then I realized it was you :p. The point is not wether or not the Wii wants to compete with either system. IT IS ABOUT PEOPLES PREFERENCES.

Second Esura is an asshole and I'd rather be banned than listen to anymore of his bull****.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Holy Crap what was all that about, Da3dra? Esura is the first to say he's a PS3 fanboy and it must have taken tremendous retraint to not simply lay waste to everything XBOX 360- related in order to create a genuine thread. It's unfair to go off on him like that and to use that language too - he's done nothing wrong and made valid points throughout his post.

this is not a console war thread - this is simply discussing which one people use the most, even if they have both of them - which some people do.

It's not on - Esura's threads are always the ones to degenerate and he ends up getting blamed for it one way or another. So unless something constructive is going to be said, don't say it.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
The Da3dra;137589 said:
I was about to bash you then I realized it was you :p. The point is not wether or not the Wii wants to compete with either system. IT IS ABOUT PEOPLES PREFERENCES.

Second Esura is an asshole and I'd rather be banned than listen to anymore of his bull****.

That's not really the point though. It's really about our preferences over the two BIGGEST gaming consoles of 2008-2009, as Esura intended it to be. So the Wii doesn't have to be in the poll at all. And like I said, if it really bothers you...You are allowed to create a similar thread and add more consoles in, that's not disallowed *I think :p*

The Da3dra

Master Of War
LordOfDarkness;137591 said:
That's not really the point though. It's really about our preferences over the two BIGGEST gaming consoles of 2008-2009, as Esura intended it to be. So the Wii doesn't have to be in the poll at all. And like I said, if it really bothers you...You are allowed to create a similar thread and add more consoles in, that's not disallowed *I think :p*

Once again it shouldn't be called "console preference" that is just misleading and makes me think that I can actually make a choice. I'm just pised because i've never seen a console thread that doesn't support fanboy-ism on one level or another. I love all games and I am never able to enjoy that because of people like Esura. It's like shooting a dog lover's dogs, it disgust, sadens, and enrages me. And I would sooner kill myself then sit here and do nothing.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
The Da3dra;137594 said:
Once again it shouldn't be called "console preference" that is just misleading and makes me think that I can actually make a choice. I'm just pised because i've never seen a console thread that doesn't support fanboy-ism on one level or another. I love all games and I am never able to enjoy that because of people like Esura. It's like shooting a dog lover's dogs, it disgust, sadens, and enrages me. And I would sooner kill myself then sit here and do nothing.

Even so, all of this should be said outside of this thread.
Personally, I think the Wii should indeed be added to the poll. And perhaps if you spoke with Esura outside of all of this, then he may ask for the poll to include the Wii...You never know until you ask about it. And if he says no, then just leave it, and create a similar thread as I have said before. It's a simple solution to the problem, and takes little effort to do. I can understand that you are mad at Esura, but all of this arguing and off topicness is ruining his thread. And for its sake, and all of our sakes we should resolve this outside of the topic.

And furthermore, I apologize to the mods and Esura for my off topicness also. I had no intentions of going off topic, I'm just trying to look out for everyone here.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Being a massive MGS fan and because most of the other games I wanted were going to be on both. (GTA4, DMC4, Tekken 6, RE5 etc) I decided to get the PS3 not long after it came out over here. My PS2 had also broken so without it all my old games would be useless it was the obvious choise. I was quite happy with my choice until about 3 weeks ago when out of nowhere decided to get a 360 elite as well to see how good the online is (I had been working for quite a while so money was no longer an issue).
At the moment I am obviously playing my new 360 a lot more but the one thing I will say about it is that everytime I turn it on..my heart goes in my throat and the racket it makes when you put a game in makes me feel like I should be playing with one hand and fanning it with the other whereas even with a game in I can hardly even hear the PS3. Basicly I bought the PS3 because at the time I couldnt care less about live, it was the games stories that I was interested in. And the only reason I bought a 360 is because..well I could.

Both have their faults and their advantages. I really cant choose to be honest, I would go a little towards the PS3 but funny enough I lost months and months of data and my first PS3 after I got the yellow light of..whatever because of putting too much clutter too near the fan (as much as I know it was all my fault I still have not forgiven it) who knows maybe I got the 360 just to spite my PS3 XD

I dont know if this is true but I have heard about a new update that is coming out for the 360 where you can save your games to your hard drive so basicly so it doesnt need to make the walls shake just to keep up with a game anymore. It seems like as time goes on they are becoming more and more similar

Esura

Daedra, look, if you like Wii so much, I'll add it if it'll let me. Despite you wigging out on me and Ignore Listing me for no reason, we still cool ( I hope ). Me and DA and me and LOD went through worst stuff than this and still cool. And I apologise to any Wii owners whos taken offense to this thread.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Personally I don't think you have anything to apologise for but whatever. I can add that extra option if you want coz only staff can modify a poll once it's set up, so let me know.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Done it for you. If you want to include handhelds too I can add that (DS and PSP)

Esura

Angel;137606 said:
Personally I don't think you have anything to apologise for but whatever. I can add that extra option if you want coz only staff can modify a poll once it's set up, so let me know.

Its best to make peace with another. Lately I'm trying to take a more "passive" approach to dealing with arguments. I want no animosity between me and my fellow members here.

And yes can you edit it please?

To stay on topic, I JUST bought Unreal Tournament 3 for the PS3. Havent played it yet but the online must be a blast.

Top Bottom