• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Zone of the Enders 3?

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I know a few of you have been talking about it. But I didn't know if you have seen this.

Hideo Kojima talks Zone Of The Enders 3
Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima has revealed that work on Zone Of The Enders 3 has been put on hold - despite the game never having been officially announced.

The original games featured space colonists using giant robot suits to fight on Mars and Jupiter. The two main PlayStation 2 games were generally well reviewed but the second game in particular was not a big hit.

Combined with the fact that Konami only bothered to print a small number of discs in the West the second game is now one of the rarest PlayStation 2 games amongst collectors.

It did generate a Game Boy Advance spin-off and a short anime series though and the new game was believed to be for the PlayStation 3 and/or Xbox 360.

'Regarding ZOE3, there’s been various things, so it’s been sort of pushed to the back,' said Kojima in a live Ustream broadcast from Paris.

Kojima is currently on tour in Europe promoting Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and did not appear at all at Konami's recent E3 conference.

He is playing only a minor role in the creation of Metal Gear Solid: Rising (and Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow) and so his only other major project at the moment is a secret new game codenamed Project S - which he is working on in conjunction with No More Heroes' Suda51.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Thanks VB.It's nice to know a bit about his gaming agenda,since he only delivers quality.As for the tour in Europe...seems there is another motive behind it[Castlevaniacough]...

And project S.Anxious to see what it is.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
At least we know that Hideo Kojima had plans to develop Zone of the Enders 3. Better than not know anything about it after these years. Project S intrigues me. A team up of Hideo Kojima and Goichi Suda... Overkill, man. :D

Thanks for the info, VB. :D

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
No problem. :D

I just wish i had picked up Zone of the Enders when i had the chance, at least i would've known what i've posted about. :lol:

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Vergil'sB*tch;248066 said:
No problem. :D

I just wish i had picked up Zone of the Enders when i had the chance, at least i would've known what i've posted about. :lol:

You should get it, the first game and The 2nd Runner. Both games are high quality games. However, as PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii games are on the rise these years, both ZOE games have become extremely rare as both are PS2 exclusives, and were released in early 2000s.

alyssataylor1962

I really can't wait, it was a gorgeous and extremely good game on the PS2,can't wait to see what they do on PS3. They may even bring it to 360.Zone of the Enders is a chain of franchise created by Hideo Kojima, owned video game publisher Konami,and expanded it by animation studio Sunrise.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Hey, does anyone know exactly HOW rare ZOE2 is, and how much it would be worth in good condition? Cuz I have a copy, and I was just wondering.

Top Bottom