• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your thoughts on the story revealed so far

Domenic93

Personally I think that it has far too much satire. from the trailer that showed the signs at the carnival, I could tell that it was going to over saturated with satire. to me it looks like if you take away most of the satire you wouldn't even have half a story.

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
You mean the storyline?
Dante going into Limbo City by the advice of a trusted relation and (evidently) working to loosen the demons' grip on the populace?
There's also the fact that he (probably) doesn't know anything about his heritage.
I have no problem with that.

The satire element to me is kinda funny. It's also just in the background so far.

Railazel

You mean the storyline?
Dante going into Limbo City by the advice of a trusted relation and (evidently) working to loosen the demons' grip on the populace?
There's also the fact that he (probably) doesn't know anything about his heritage.
I have no problem with that.

The satire element to me is kinda funny. It's also just in the background so far.

But the plot is centered around the satire, placing it majorly in the forefront. For example, take away the societal satire of subliminal messages and evil bigwigs, and you basically got rid of Limbo and the demons as well as Dante's reason for fighting. The only way the game could keep that story is if the satirical elements weren't so obvious.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
So far I only know three things-
1. there is a living city.
2. radical satire
3. Dante is half angel.

So far the idea of Dante fighting a city is cool. I dont really like the idea of Dante being half angel and they havent sold me on it yet.

Satire so far isnt that subtle but im not against it, I'm just not sure i need political satire in a dmc game.

Dante47

"Dante ****s Demon chicks and doesn't call" :cool:
In all seriousness, I like the story looks good. I hope its up too Enslaved standards. Less satire though. I was glad about the reboot so there would be less satire. Not more. Dante's background is pretty good too, I wonder if he'll go through the "Tony Redgrave" phase in his life. Maybe not.

Suzaku17XD

"Dude just take a bullet from my girls" *bang*
Hmmm me and choco came up with some awesome theories. We pictured Dante passing a kid with a cast with white hair on the street. Remind you of anyone XD And instead of statues of times they will have a store type thing in the real world XD Tell me what you think XD

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
If what they have leaked is the initial story....were Dante gets molested as a child...then....:/...It just doesn't catch my attention with that...is that suppose to be the mature part of the game or something...IDK...im not convinced...but again they haven't shown a Story trailer....and for how long too...*nods head left and right* typical...

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
If what they have leaked is the initial story....were Dante gets molested as a child...then....:/...It just doesn't catch my attention with that...is that suppose to be the mature part of the game or something...IDK...im not convinced...but again they haven't shown a Story trailer....and for how long too...*nods head left and right* typical...
....where did you read that dante gets molested as a child? lol

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
....where did you read that dante gets molested as a child? lol
It was part of a leak I read...not entirely sure if its believable or not...but just stating..because it said that while he was going orphanage to orphanage he was being molested by demons...yea doesn't make much sense either...

Nice Sig btw!

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
It was part of a leak I read...not entirely sure if its believable or not...but just stating..because it said that while he was going orphanage to orphanage he was being molested by demons...yea doesn't make much sense either...

Nice Sig btw!
the only thing i've heard is he was tortured and beaten not molested, could you provide a link?
and thanks :)

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
Let's not forget the evil demonic bankers that are tying to screw you over your money...I knew I should have switched to Wells Fargo!

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
the only thing i've heard is he was tortured and beaten not molested, could you provide a link?
and thanks :)
There is no link because I deleted it to protect myself.
It may make me look guilty but IT WASN'T ME.
He liked it anyway ;) Just kidding! Teeheehee...

As far as the story goes, I like a lot of it.
Except the half angel part. I'm still not warming up to that idea.

Suzaku17XD

"Dude just take a bullet from my girls" *bang*
There is no link because I deleted it to protect myself.
It may make me look guilty but IT WASN'T ME.
He liked it anyway ;) Just kidding! Teeheehee...

As far as the story goes, I like a lot of it.
Except the half angel part. I'm still not warming up to that idea.
yea to be honest they went a little to far with that. I quess we will see if it starts making more sense when they explain it a tad more.

Top Bottom