• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your playlists

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I figured I can't be the only one who listens to a certain song/genre/band while being creatively productive, so here you can post what music you're listening to while you're writing/painting/working on a creative project.

Just for fun. ^_^

Meg

I like to listen to songs that fit whatever I'm writing about, be it the lyrics, or just the mood of the song. So for a fight scene I might put on Blow Me Away by Breaking Benjamin, a sad moment I'll put on The Widow by As Cities Burn or We Are Broken by Paramore, a happy moment, something like Hey You by 311. As much as I hate Leona freakin' Lewis the song My Hands gets me in the FFXIII mood. I sometimes listen to that when I want to work on The Seventh Eidolon. Those are just some examples. I have a song for almost every mood/moment/story.

However, sometimes I'll just put all 70-ish Who songs I have on shuffle and listen to that.

Ronan

oakheart
Premium
Just warning you now, this is random. xD
Cliffs of Dover
ILYBBING (A very confusing acronym, yes?)
I Will Not Bow
Bring Me To Life
Everybody's Fool
My Immortal
Toruniquet
Imaginary
My Immortal (Remix)
So What
Bad Influence
Funhouse
Glitter in the Air
Clocks
I Look Up at the Sky Because You Are There
Evil Angel
Somebody Told Me
Numa Numa
Zydrate Anatomy
Lungs and Livers

To name a few. >.>

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Eh...I have such a huge list of musicians I listen to when I'm writing *can't list them all*...it depends on what song is stuck in my head first.
Mini-List:
Oingo Boingo
David Bowie
The Fray
Disturbed
Apocalyptica
Seether
Evanescence
Cat Power
Limp Bizkit
Fire Flight
Three Days Grace
Thousand Foot Crutch
Sarah Brightman
And the list goes on...and on...and on....

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Depends massively on the genre I'm writing, a lot of it tends to be Avenged Sevenfold based though, but so many of their songs have such variety to them that they fit to god knows how many genres.

For example:
Something emotional/romantic, or a scene to that effect: Warmness on the Soul.

Fight scene: Natural Born Killer.

So on and so forth, sadly Sevenfold doesn't really fit the bill for any space sci-fi stories, which is the particular brand of fiction I'm on at the moment, ergo, I've been listening to a lot of Industrial old Manson stuff, one stunning example being Seizure of Power.

Also, Octavarium by Dream Theater puts me in the mood to write absolutely anything. (Be warned, it's a 24 minute epic, epic in EVERY sense of the word.)

So yeah, Sevenfold, Manson, Dream Theater...All of them do me wonders when I'm writing.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
I listen to a variety of songs...but to name a couple that I listen to when I write/draw

Avenged Sevenfold
Halestorm
Aha
Stone Sour
Shinedown
Scorpions
Saving Abel

Nicodemus Zamoran

The Hellslayer Knight
Normally I just play music. It has to be my kind of music(aka ROCK) or it won't do. Sometimes I can't write unless the music fits the mood, but normally, the story mood just fits how I feel. The music just helps me concentrate... and I have a LONG list for my playlist. >.>

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Sweet! I didn't expect so many replies to be honest ^^
*has happies*

My playlist for Shadow Play (a horror/romance):
Choose You - Stan Walker
If I Had You - Adam Lambert
Every time We Touch & Every Time I hear your Name - Cascada
My Confession - Josh Groban
Crazy Love - Michael Bublé
I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
You make it Real - James Morrison
Crashed - Daughtry
The Game of Love - Michelle Branch ft Santana
Everywhere - Michelle Branch
I'd come for you - Nickelback
(I still need to add the 'horror' factor in that list)

And my playlist for The Order of Sparda (cos I'm rewriting the rest of the chapters):
War - Sick Puppies
O'Death - Jen Titus
Anthem of the angels - Breaking Benjamin
Remember the Name - Fort Minor
This is war - 30 Seconds to Mars
Vox Populi - 30 Seconds to Mars
The Catalyst - Linkin Park
You're going Down - Sick Puppies
Devil Never Cry - DMC3 soundtrack
The Time Has Come - DMC4 soundtrack

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
It actually depends on which character is the main person of a scene (I listen to their favorite bands).

When I'm writing a:
Daryl-centric scene, it's Goblin **** and Rob Zombie
Derek-centric scene, it's Green Day and Cartel
Julie-centric scene, it's Breaking Benjamin and Disturbed
Victor-centric scene, it's Disturbed and Infected Mushroom

And each couple has their own song, too.
Daryl & Derek is Should've Known Better by the Sick Puppies
Julie & Victor is Hey Julie by Fountains of Wayne

If it's not a couple or main character centric scene, I listen to my playlist, which has all of those bands on them. P: I have a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge playlist. Almost 1000 songs now.

Dante'sgirl

Forever For Dante
well...there too much songs so i'll name a few
DMC3 tracks.. Bi Rains Ecaping the sun,Hip song,Im comming,sad tango,Its Raining..west life's soledad..Aha foot of the mountain..nickleback..no promises..Lady gaga Alejandro..blue All rise,one love..Allo maman bobo..la petite voleuse..Pink floyd...

Top Bottom