• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

You need to read this (job-related) Escapist thread.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Ok, I'll be the first to admit that I'm a bit of a screwup.

But never, NEVER, would I willingly do the things that this other guy did.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/for...of-hangover-will-this-get-me-into-big-trouble
----------------------------------------

"So 2 days ago I went to the bar planning on having just 1 beer. As it turns out the bar was serving free beer the entire night for some reason which I don't remember. The morning after I had a big hangover so I called my boss and told him I would not be able to show up because I had a big hangover. He said ok and not much else, but I could hear that his voice sounded annoyed. That was 2 days ago and I haven't seen him since then since I don't work during the weekends (typically).

I am wondering, am I in big trouble or something? He did not say anything on the phone other then that "ok blah blah" and something like this has never happened before during the 4 or so months I have worked for him. Do you think my future in this job is at serious risk because of this event? Or is this something that will be forgotten at some point provided it does not happen again?"

-----------------------------------------
Edit: LOL @ this comment:

"Meanwhile, in realityland, telling the truth was very likely more self-destructive than lying would have been. But never mind that, the actual self-destructive behavior here was the complete lack of judgement and getting drunk before a day of work, free beer or not."

Ok, just to be clear, this whole thread is just downright hilarious, not because he missed work, but because he actually said he was too hungover to come in, which is a serious no-no in this case.

I mean, just tell them that you're sick, like any other sane person. Never mind the "Icelandic" culture thing (he's lucky that their economy is pretty good over there... and that they drink a lot every night).

------------------------------------------

This is worse than the time this guy I knew got sacked because he let 8 out of the 14 or so generators go offline for an entire night (he was in charge at the time, so... you know). That's what I heard, anyway.

------------------------------------------

Ok, I know I shouldn't talk. :lock:

But still... I had to show you guys this thread. Wow.

I'm sure that the Fates will most likely punish me for making fun of this person... but it's a risk I'm willing to take. :cool:

Forgive me, Fates! :nailbiting:

Last edited:
Top Bottom