• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

You know what really confuses me?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I still get comments and talk that DmC has no good combo mechanic. Like, NO MECHANIC FOR COMBOING AT ALL type of comments.

But then I look at these combo mads...
...and think "Yeeeaaaaahhh...okay."

I know DmC is way easier then the last game and I know new Dante=bad for a lot of fans, but I refuse to believe DmC has NO combo mechanic because it sure as hell does. Not as complex as DMC4 but not as brain dead as DMC2.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
its got really good combos but i still feel like its held back with out lock on or styles
i mean there's no royal guard that's my favorite style

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I still find the colored enemies to be okay, because they challenge you to fight differently than you normally would. I'd totally rather not have them again, but they're okay.

My biggest annoyance is when people complain about the Style meter being to lenient. Oh noes~ the reward multiplier hands out orbs like candy! Heaven for-f#cking-fend.

That, and "you can just to one combo and get SSS though the whole game". Patently false. Jamming triangle will not get you above a low C, and Trinity SSSmash only works in specific encounters.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
My biggest annoyance is when people complain about the Style meter being to lenient. Oh noes~ the reward multiplier hands out orbs like candy! Heaven for-f#cking-fend.
To piggy back on this, DMC4 gave out red orbs like no tomorrow and had the same way of getting an easy SSS with the use of those gauntlets. DMC3 had the easy SSS gauntlets too. But stupid fanboys want to forget that with their selective remembering just like they did with Vergil shooting Lilith or Dante saying the F-word.

-This wasn't the first time a demon mother was shot in cold blood. Remember DMC4 with Echidna?

-Lilith was a demon, so obviously no one should treat this like it's an actual human woman being shot.

-Vergil didn't shoot an unborn child. That baby mutated out of Lilith's stomach one mission before and became a giant beast.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
I still find the colored enemies to be okay, because they challenge you to fight differently than you normally would. I'd totally rather not have them again, but they're okay.

That, and "you can just to one combo and get SSS though the whole game". Patently false. Jamming triangle will not get you above a low C, and Trinity SSSmash only works in specific encounters.

it was never that hard to get S ranks in any of the games
the only thing i think that is actually impressive is not getting hit in DMC 3 DMD or beating DMC 1 DMD with no items
anything other then that isn't that hard to do over time IMO

Railazel

Truth be told, most of the people who complain about DmC don't know DMC all too well either. Their major source of material were 3 and 4, so they used those as standards. However, they don't know enough about DMCverse as a whole and often times ignore the failings of 3 & 4 to realize that DmC didn't make any new mistakes.

Meg

People are always going to say stupid, baseless things about DmC. They are always going to insist they are right no matter what. They are either trolls or delusional, and either way not worth anyone's time. Just play the game, enjoy it, discuss it, and ignore the idiots. Because it doesn't matter what it is, there will always be people who hate it.

LoneRangerNinjutsu

The Man Without Fear!

I'm cool with the colored enemies too, but they seem off. Like, why would an angel enemy have to be killed with an angel weapon? Isn't that sort of like putting out fire with fire? The demon enemies, you would think, would be more resistant to their own weapons, right? I dunno. Just a nitpick.

LoneRangerNinjutsu

The Man Without Fear!
It has quite a few flaws, but no more than the original series. Then again, does that really excuse it?
I've heard the same things in regards to the new Spider-Man films. You have two sides: those who like the older Raimi films, and those who like the newer Webb movies. Both series of films have major issues, regardless of personal preference, yet whenever people argue over which is better, it almost always ends in a bickering feud where both sides simply pick out the things that didn't work in the film franchise they deem inferior.

It's sort of similar with the fans of Devil May Cry. When people are defending DmC, they feel like they need to address that DMC made the same mistake or made an even worse mistake to excuse DmC, and those who try to defend the DMC series point out the flaws with DmC to assert that their series is better because it didn't make those mistakes.

Listen guys, I like both franchises, so I'm kinda in an odd predicament here. I judge both games, the first four DMCs and DmC, on their own merits and acknowledge that both have problems independent of one another. Whenever I was defending the narrative of DMC a few days ago, I tried to avoid arguments like "Yeah, but DmC did this and that..." because ultimately, where would that get me? Two wrongs don't make a right, after all.

In my opinion, we should look at both series objectively, note the cons and how to fix them, and ask "where do we go from here?"

Top Bottom