• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

You know the terms, you know the consequences...

Devil Player

Hey guys, I've just watched this http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/clljgm/invisible-walls-episode-231--the-games-have-arrived

It's from 2:07 to 2:14. You can clearly see Munds talking to someone, saying "No, you can't report all the time" or something like that.

Then he says "You know the terms, you know the consequences".

If we're talking about terms, obviously we can think about some kind of agreement, which means Mundus made some kind of "contract" with someone...

Who do you think he's talking to?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
He actually said "No you can't have more time. You know the terms, you know the consequences."

His alias "Kyle Ryder" is a banker, after all. I see him more like a loanshark in his tendencies though. I can imagine Mundus being responsible for a lot of "deals with the devil," too. Gives new meaning to the phrase.

Devil Player

He actually said "No you can't have more time. You know the terms, you know the consequences."

His alias "Kyle Ryder" is a banker, after all. I see him more like a loanshark in his tendencies though. I can imagine Mundus being responsible for a lot of "deals with the devil," too. Gives new meaning to the phrase.

Ah, thanks for the correction. I really didn't get the first part. So he said "No, you can't have more time". :)

Audio sucks here, lol.

Well, Mundus himself is a God, as he states in one of the trailers ( "You don't **** with a God"). Even though he is a banker ( his host at least), I think that dialogue may have some relevance to the story and not a single line spoken by some business man.

Maybe he was talking to Vergil?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Well, Mundus refers to himself as a god, but that doesn't necessarily mean he is a god. It's very possible he's just a megalomaniac, either way, he's the lord of the demon realm.

I'd imagine it was some regular banking business, but it shows his ruthless side, as opposed to the philanthropist face Raptor News portrays of him.

And I think it's too much of a stretch to think that Mundus was talking to Vergil. Vergil said it himself that Mundus doesn't know he exists. I know everyone wants Vergil to betray Dante in the end for some twist, but I don't think the twist will include him working for Mundus all along, considering The Order's entire purpose is to bring down Mundus. If he is working for Mundus, it'll surely be somewhat interesting, but...nothing I've seen about DmC points to that at all :s

Devil Player

Well, I don't know, but maybe Vergil could be lying to Dante? :)

I mean, if Trish lied to Dante in DMC 1 ( she was created by the Demon ), then it's obvious that Vergil can lie too.

I have a theory, but I really have to think about it, before posting it. It's big, so I'll try to put it ina simple way, lol. I'll be back soon.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Well of course anything is possible. Vergil could totally be one of Mundus' minions, but because he also knows that Mundus is responsible for his family's downfall, he could be plotting to take him out, and the Order is his merry little band he made up to go against him, and then take over. That'd be my guess as far as those two working together, and Vergil bullshitting Dante into fighting for him.

Although Vergil saying "Mundus doesn't know I exist" really puts wrench in that whole theory. Obviously Mundus would know he exists if he hired him, or maybe it's in the capacity of him being the Order's leader. There's a lot of potential with DmC's story, and it's had me quite interested for a while.

majeh116

Hey guys, I've just watched this http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/clljgm/invisible-walls-episode-231--the-games-have-arrived

It's from 2:07 to 2:14. You can clearly see Munds talking to someone, saying "No, you can't report all the time" or something like that.

Then he says "You know the terms, you know the consequences".

If we're talking about terms, obviously we can think about some kind of agreement, which means Mundus made some kind of "contract" with someone...

Who do you think he's talking to?
I'm guessing he's talking to Bob at that time and saying no you cant have more time (referring to killing dante) and the threat you know the terms etc is gonna be him saying if you dont kill dante soon then im killing you simple as that

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I'm guessing he's talking to Bob at that time and saying no you cant have more time (referring to killing dante) and the threat you know the terms etc is gonna be him saying if you dont kill dante soon then im killing you simple as that
That's also what I think. Great minds think alike!

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I dunno, I just feel it being about banking is a bit more applicable. Plays into the "societal ills" angle the game has, where bankers are ruthless about loans :x

As for a Mundy Baby **SPOILERS**there is a trophy/achievement tied to defeating "Mundus Spawn," so there's a fight to some extent, it would seem.**SPOILERS**

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
what do you think of SPOILERS mundus having a child and the child being a boss? Do you think it's gonna be an Apocalypse baby or something?
I'm pretty sure *SPOILERS* Mundus's baby will be extremely demonic and grotesque, I'm excited to see it.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Makes me think of Drakengard...that was some psychological horror on a really different level >.<

Gbraga

I also believe it's Vergil.

Man I wish I didn't see all those spoilers, but I just can't resist to more DmC footage =(

Top Bottom