• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

You have the choice to make a Devil May Cry game in a different genre than hack and slash. Which one do you choose?

What genre outside of hack and slash would you pick for a DMC game of your choice?

• Metroidvania

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Action RPG/Soulslike

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Shooter (first-person, third-person or shoot 'em up)

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Roguelike

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Dungeon Crawl

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fighting

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Other

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
a 3rd person shooter with stealth elements for Lady.

a new summoner get a turn based rpg with open world or metroidvania elements.

DMC x Darkstalkers as a fighting game.

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
A third and first person(players choice), hack and slash open world rpg with full exploration and travel by vehicle or flight or maybe like a demon horse.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I could easily see a completely human protagonist having to fight demonic hordes resulting in a Dark Souls like gameplay which I totally wouldn't be opposed to. :whistle:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I wonder what a final fantasy like turn based dmc would be like

Might be interesting if done right

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Action RPG akin to Dragon's Dogma maybe, and also possibly a survival horror (imagine being a normal policeman in a mass demonic invasion scenario... gives off Resident Evil vibes).

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I would love a dmc game set in the demon world, in the style of doom. Where u annihilate demons in a variety of ways and do finishers on them which switch the camera to first person for the animation.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
DMC originally started as a RE title. I wouldnt mind bringing that back as a one off reimagining similar to Silent Hill Shattered Memories.

DMC as a survival horror game.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Until recently I really wouldn't think an action game should have a spin-off in a different genre. Not because it can't but because it just wouldn't fit but then I played Bayonetta Origins and that's got to be one of the best games of the last 5 years so now I'm more open to the idea. As to what genre? A Viewtiful Joe game, of course.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I was fond of Sony's PS2 platformer trio (Jak and Daxter, Rachet and clank, Sly Cooper) as a teen so Id follow suit.

each of these entries mixed genres so id follow suit with a hack and slash/ platformer following Dante or Vergil at age 12.

you could title it "first hunt".

Top Bottom