• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

You are handed the opportunity to direct a devil may cry game

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I think that's a very interesting idea, and I could definitely see Dante fighting humans who worship demons. I remember how fans were shocked when Dante was shown killing humans (who were actually demons in disguise) in early DMC4 trailers, but I don't see why he would refrain from doing so when they are no better than demons. In fact, I think humans could cause even worse things than actual demons when trying to harness powers that don't belong to them.

Dante has killed humans before.

Well perhaps the Order of the Sword may not have been human anymore but he did shoot Arius (a human) out the window....although he did survive that and he did before tried to kill Arius prior to shooting him out the window.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Dante has killed humans before.

Well perhaps the Order of the Sword may not have been human anymore but he did shoot Arius (a human) out the window....although he did survive that and he did before tried to kill Arius prior to shooting him out the window.

He was already empowered with some of Argosax's power prior to his 'human death', thus losing his humanity. He did the ritual even though Dante replaced the Megdallia with his one-sided coin before Dante came in. So that didn't count...

What I'm getting at (as what I've said to Frost) is to see Dante kill actual humans associated to his enemies - the demons. Fans were shocked that Dante killed a human (Sanctus), but that human was already associated to demons. Why can't he do that more than just killing demons?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
He was already empowered with some of Argosax's power prior to his 'human death', thus losing his humanity. He did the ritual even though Dante replaced the Megdallia with his one-sided coin before Dante came in. So that didn't count...

What I'm getting at (as what I've said to Frost) is to see Dante kill actual humans associated to his enemies - the demons. Fans were shocked that Dante killed a human (Sanctus), but that human was already associated to demons. Why can't he do that more than just killing demons?

If a human is associated with demons they've most likely turned into one or is a sorcerer (Arius).

Arius may have converted his humanity but that doesn't change the fact Dante tried to cut his head clean off before he performed the ritual in his first fight with Arius when he was still human.

Because he is a Devil Hunter.

If Dante kills a human to have impact it has to make sense for starter since humans are fragile then Dante doesn't need to use weapons to deal with them (he said so in the anime) and can easily knock them out. Dante only kills those who pose a threat or is a major hindrance to him....humans on their own not so much. All human enemies that even posed a challenge to Dante had to obtain demonic power and in turn become a demon or is possessed by one giving Dante a reason to kill them.

The only way to have Dante kill a human but still make sense is if the human was used as a shield by something Dante was trying to kill or said human got in the way of Dante's blade.

MigsRZXAStylish

If a human is associated with demons they've most likely turned into one or is a sorcerer (Arius).

Arius may have converted his humanity but that doesn't change the fact Dante tried to cut his head clean off before he performed the ritual in his first fight with Arius when he was still human.

Because he is a Devil Hunter.

If Dante kills a human to have impact it has to make sense for starter since humans are fragile then Dante doesn't need to use weapons to deal with them (he said so in the anime) and can easily knock them out. Dante only kills those who pose a threat or is a major hindrance to him....humans on their own not so much. All human enemies that even posed a challenge to Dante had to obtain demonic power and in turn become a demon or is possessed by one giving Dante a reason to kill them.

The only way to have Dante kill a human but still make sense is if the human was used as a shield by something Dante was trying to kill or said human got in the way of Dante's blade.

Well, what I'm getting at is that, while you make a good point there, why can't a DMC game have more human minions/cannon fodder/bosses?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Well, what I'm getting at is that, while you make a good point there, why can't a DMC game have more human minions/cannon fodder/bosses?

We've had Lady and Arius.

Because its a game about slaying demons.

Plus it would be dumb to just throw a regular human at Dante as a common enemy. Enemies and bosses in DMC were usually a threat because they possess a trait or skill that gave them some sort of edge. To make a human a boss that human would need to be in league as the demons and the only logical way to well become a demon or gain demonic power.

Plus it might make the player and even Dante look bad and sadistic pulling off humiliating and stylish combos on humans (a race he swore to protect) and adds to the whole violent video games with sadistic natures on youths stereotype.

Plus if the human is still human or fragile like a human or exhibit zero demonic prowess then it means they really didn't gave into demonic power and didn't through away their humanity so Dante has no need to kill them.

I mean if the human enemies were more like Arius then sure have it.

It would be interesting but it could end up like Ninja Gaiden 3 where the human soldiers can take such a violent thrashing and still fight even after losing multiple limbs some human enemies can still move with their heads cut off but it makes sense for Ryu to take on those human soldiers for one Ryu never swore to protect mankind (just to thwart evil), Ryu isn't as uber powerful as Dante so throwing human opponents at him makes sense, Ryu is a human (although not a normal one) and having Dante fight and slaughter a weaker fragile race will make a douchebag, and due to the time period the human soldiers in NG can wield rather high tech weaponry where since DMC takes place in the 70s-90s weapon technology isn't as advanced or available plus those soldiers worked for a militia so they were supplied training and weapons and if humans allies with demons I doubt they can get much resources from human sources (gov't, military) unless they're rich but then every human enemy you face will be some billionaire and you might as well call it "DMC: Dante VS Demons and the 1%".

If anything the human will have to be a sorcerer to even constitute Dante having to try to kill him or become a demon or possessed/corrupted to enhance their fighting abilities.

Plus its a matter of how it fit into the story with DMC1 Dante was on an island devoid of human life, DMC2 we've had Arius, DMC3 we had Lady and well due to the fact Arkham and Vergil had no human followers and what human opponent can Dante face from a demon tower that was sealed away 2000 years ago, and DMC4 all the human members of the Order turned themselves into demons.

Human opponents will make a big deal in DMC so you can't just throw in human enemies for the sake of it.

MigsRZXAStylish

We've had Lady and Arius.

Because its a game about slaying demons.

Plus it would be dumb to just throw a regular human at Dante as a common enemy. Enemies and bosses in DMC were usually a threat because they possess a trait or skill that gave them some sort of edge. To make a human a boss that human would need to be in league as the demons and the only logical way to well become a demon or gain demonic power.

Plus it might make the player and even Dante look bad and sadistic pulling off humiliating and stylish combos on humans (a race he swore to protect) and adds to the whole violent video games with sadistic natures on youths stereotype.

Plus if the human is still human or fragile like a human or exhibit zero demonic prowess then it means they really didn't gave into demonic power and didn't through away their humanity so Dante has no need to kill them.

I mean if the human enemies were more like Arius then sure have it.

It would be interesting but it could end up like Ninja Gaiden 3 where the human soldiers can take such a violent thrashing and still fight even after losing multiple limbs some human enemies can still move with their heads cut off but it makes sense for Ryu to take on those human soldiers for one Ryu never swore to protect mankind (just to thwart evil), Ryu isn't as uber powerful as Dante so throwing human opponents at him makes sense, Ryu is a human (although not a normal one) and having Dante fight and slaughter a weaker fragile race will make a douchebag, and due to the time period the human soldiers in NG can wield rather high tech weaponry where since DMC takes place in the 70s-90s weapon technology isn't as advanced or available plus those soldiers worked for a militia so they were supplied training and weapons and if humans allies with demons I doubt they can get much resources from human sources (gov't, military) unless they're rich but then every human enemy you face will be some billionaire and you might as well call it "DMC: Dante VS Demons and the 1%".

If anything the human will have to be a sorcerer to even constitute Dante having to try to kill him or become a demon or possessed/corrupted to enhance their fighting abilities.

Plus its a matter of how it fit into the story with DMC1 Dante was on an island devoid of human life, DMC2 we've had Arius, DMC3 we had Lady and well due to the fact Arkham and Vergil had no human followers and what human opponent can Dante face from a demon tower that was sealed away 2000 years ago, and DMC4 all the human members of the Order turned themselves into demons.

Human opponents will make a big deal in DMC so you can't just throw in human enemies for the sake of it.

That is where I am getting at! Look at those LOA Sorcerers from NG3/RE! Arius happens to be a rich bastard himself, but possesses Argosax's powers.

As for the humans, they can resort on summoning demons.

Frost

Demon of Icy Wind
Yeah, both Arius and Sanctus had already acquired demonic power and become partly demons themselves before Dante killed them, so they don't count as human enemies.

Dante's job is to defend humanity from evil, so I don't see why he wouldn't kill a human who is trying to harness demonic power and use it to cause destruction. Fighting humans in game obviously wouldn't be interesting, but that doesn't mean the story couldn't have a villain or a group of demon worshippers who are completely human.

KRSkull

Well if i was directing a Devil May Cry game. my version of the game will start by Dante sitting in his office and eating Pizza. Morrison enters with a woman (a weak demon disguised as a human). She tells him that there is a strong demon in hell. and he is starting to raise an army of demon and he is planing to conquer the human world.

The game will take place in hell. you start by entering hell and fight some demons and a few minutes into the game you meet the demons leader and discover that the whole story was a trick to lure Dante into hell So that the demons Leader could use a magical stone to separates the Demon side from the human side. of course things doesn't go as planed because of dante's resistance in the process of separation his human soul get transfer into his demon side. and then Dante escapes by jumping of the cliff. and you continue to play the game as Demon Dante. You fight your way in hell to gain what you lost. and at the end Dante returns to the human world and goes and eat some pizza.

Edit: in my version of the game you will have can choose one of five paths. each path will have its own bosses and weapons.

and when you complete the game you will unlock Vergil's fight in hell from the end of DMC3

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
everybody has such great ideas. me...? this is my devil may cry

*dante and vergil's heritage remain the same with the exception of eva being an alchemist
*the whole thing takes place in the late 70's (during the punk rock movement) where dante goes from DmC dante to DMC anime dante and he changes his clothing styles but he keeps the same jacket because it has "sentimental value" to him like constantine's coat.
*dante's white hair isn't something he is proud of so he keeps dying it black until he finally discovers who he really is and decides to show it off
*his devil arms will stick to the formula of two heavy weapons and two light weapons and his rebellion.
*like supernatural, there will be many christian/islamic/judaic lore mixed with pagan and ancient mythological lore as well.
*dante and vergil will work together like in DmC but as time progresses vergil shows that he will do ANYTHING to get what he wants. the two show down and ultimately vergil falls victim to mundus's power. trish will have the same role she did in the classic series. lady would have been an ex disciple and lover to vergil. nero will be vergil's daughter
*the devil may cry will be a password for dante's service in demon hunting.
*the mechanics here will be a slower paced DMC4 (still a little faster than DmC's though)

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Scrap the DmC universe. Bring back old Dante. Now get this, retcon.

The original DMC games have some messy story and timeline so I personally think the best way to solve this is retconning the story but keep the old characters. This way we could have Vergil back too and have a more logical explanation to how Nero is his son and etc. Oh and have the DMC3 mechanics, just improved and stuff.

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
I had an idea a while back (Before DmC was released that is) that all of the DmC stuff we were seeing was a plot by demons to mind rape (Special drugs or maybe some kind of demon with mind warping powers) DMC Dante into serving them, the story would be sorta DmC-like only more freakish and distorted at times. Over the course of the game, you'd gain new powers slowly as real Dante's mind fought back against the manipulation eventually culminating in him breaking free and taking on whowever ordered it done to him.

So essentially it would make DmC Dante a thing, giving new players a chance to be introduced to the DMC cast and it's canon by having Dante himself try to regain his true memory and it would help bring some interesting game mechanics that would eventually end up a part of real Dante's arsenal.

As for gameplay mechanics, i could take the easy way out and go back to styles but i think having a system where your fighting style is created through the way you fight and what moves you buy would be more interesting: Say for instance you buy and upgrade alot of block/counter moves then you'd naturally become more of a royal guard player, moves for swords would be a swordmaster type.

Essentially it would be the Megaman Battle Network 2/3 way of learning, the more of something you do, the more options from that skill tree become open to you.

Nobody really loses out this way, new fans have an accessible jumping on point and old fans are catered for, which is what you DO when you want to expand your fanbase.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
I had an idea a while back (Before DmC was released that is) that all of the DmC stuff we were seeing was a plot by demons to mind rape (Special drugs or maybe some kind of demon with mind warping powers) DMC Dante into serving them, the story would be sorta DmC-like only more freakish and distorted at times. Over the course of the game, you'd gain new powers slowly as real Dante's mind fought back against the manipulation eventually culminating in him breaking free and taking on whowever ordered it done to him.

So essentially it would make DmC Dante a thing, giving new players a chance to be introduced to the DMC cast and it's canon by having Dante himself try to regain his true memory and it would help bring some interesting game mechanics that would eventually end up a part of real Dante's arsenal.

As for gameplay mechanics, i could take the easy way out and go back to styles but i think having a system where your fighting style is created through the way you fight and what moves you buy would be more interesting: Say for instance you buy and upgrade alot of block/counter moves then you'd naturally become more of a royal guard player, moves for swords would be a swordmaster type.

Essentially it would be the Megaman Battle Network 2/3 way of learning, the more of something you do, the more options from that skill tree become open to you.

Nobody really loses out this way, new fans have an accessible jumping on point and old fans are catered for, which is what you DO when you want to expand your fanbase.

so pretty much he'd be like the dante in the DmC debut trailer? cool. i really can see the styles coming back. those were awesome. what about camera angles? set or manipulable?

Rayl

so pretty much he'd be like the dante in the DmC debut trailer? cool. i really can see the styles coming back. those were awesome. what about camera angles? set or manipulable?

Pretty much, that Dante lends itself to my scenario alot better. As for camera angles, i say they should be manipulable in wide open areas but set in more enclosed, i'd want to use that to set up DMC1 levels of atmosphere and in an enclosed area the lack of camera manipulation won't impede the player.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Now... what would possibly get the fanboys' knickers in a bigger twist than Tameem... ?

I can think of a few things... :shifty:

Take the most notorious people who are against DmC on youtube... and this site... and make each of them an enemy for the main character to slay.

Oh, don't worry, they'll be harder than DMC3 and Master Ninja Mode combined so, they'll be able to kill Dante pretty easily unless the player learns how to cowboy up.

60 fps, Royalguard, and the most insulting taunts this side of Yahtzee Croshaw.

My personal favorite... is this taunt that you can only activate right after you knock down an enemy...

The best part... is that Dante (and Vergil) would look as emo as possible. :troll:

3p80aw.jpg

If I can make a non-profit 2D side-scroller... then it's still technically legal, because I'm not selling it.

:cool:

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Well first off this is MY DMC game:

The game will have music produced by Nickleback and the Joanas brothers. All of Nickleback's old songs will be used as battle themes, boss themes and character themes. Random heavy metal bands will also be brought in to provide extra-scary screaming to the boss themes, to provide a classic feel that the old boss themes had. The Jonas brothers will motion-capture all of the characters and will each take turns voicing Dante, preferably when they have been just woken up from a nap.

Classic Dante will remain his old self, however he will be wearing tight skinny jeans and designer boots bedazzled with hearts, and a coat and hat resembling those who belong to this man:

SCUMBAG%20STEVE.jpg

The story will revolve around Dante and Nero, with Dante going through a midlife crisis and constantly trying to seem cool by throwing jokes around and doing backflips. He will splurge on things such as designer coats and by a corvette. Nero will become possessed with Sparda's ghost, who then is killed by Raiden from Metal Gear who got lost during the production of MGR 2, and had accidentally wandered into the set of DMC5. The game will then revolve around Raiden and Dante having to fight Sparda, who has somehow been eaten by a newly resurrected plot-device Vergil. Jetstream sam will also make a cameo, with Dante dying half way through the game. The game will then make a transition from DMC5 to Metal Gear Rising 2: The Devil's Fap. A picture of Platinum games production team will suddenly explode upon the screen in a ball of blue flames with the text, "We are here to save the day!"

The game will come with a sixty nine button and joystick controller for EXTRUA EXTRUA HARDCUR PLAYAs, with combos that will require the full use of both hands and feet. Estimated mastery of this combat system is predicted to be around forty-seven years. This is GUARANTEED to please KLASSUCK fans of the series. When a casual player attempts to play the game, an alarm system will go off followed by insulting messages that will tell off the player for even buying and daring to play the game. If they attempt to play the game again, the game will alert the HAP police and will have them arrested and shot. The game will come with no tutorial mode nor instruction manual, and will insult you if you even DARE to complain about the lack of those features. Remember kids, this is a game FOR HADCUR PLAYAS! Go play something else for kids if you can't handle it.

The game will contain fifty levels with overpowered enemies and constant back tracking, along with blaring nickleback in the background. Many of the same enviornments will be reused Players will even get the chance to drive a corvette over the badly beaten and bloodied body of DmC Dante. This game will guarantee to satisfy the classuck genuratun of DEE UMM SEE playas!

This is the prototype case sent to me directly from Capcom gais! We have something to now look forward too!

wqxgn4a.png

And the back of the case:

h7uY1Ub.jpg

:troll:

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
For a while I thought you were being serious... Then it dawned on me, and it was the most hilarious thing I've read today. :lol:
I kid you not, I worked for over an hour on those totes legit cases. I sent them out to Crapcom today and they seem pretty happy with the final result.

Rayl

I kid you not, I worked for over an hour on those totes legit cases. I sent them out to Crapcom today and they seem pretty happy with the final result.

Despite knowing it's a joke, i'd still believe that last part.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

I think your idea would work better if you used race of superhumans such as the X-men which is more murkier ground because the source of there powers arent demons but they might be the key to brokering peace between humans and demons because they are more likely to be taken seriously as a threat.

So u could play around with the theme of not every demon being bad by having Dante and the crew protect a group of benign demons from them.

Top Bottom