• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Yodel worst delivery company around

Dark Drakan

Admin
d2tx.jpg

I have just typed out my first ever email of complaint to the delivery company Yodel, always heard horror stories about them but never really paid much attention until now. First I had issues with my Xbox One being delivered, they told me it would be delivered on a Monday so Amy planned to wait in for it for me. Then I get home on the Sat and they have attempted delivery when we were both at work. However when I tried to get it redelivered the reference number didnt work and took 45mins to even say it existed. Was delivered ok when we finally got systems to work (all automated).

Then we had another package due to be delivered and I saw the van pull up outside yesterday morning and both Amy and I were in. I didnt even get to the 2nd step on the stairs when the driver ran down my garden and quickly pushed a 'Sorry you were out' note through the door and quickly ran back to the van and drove off. Amy says he didnt even have the package in his hands (she was watching out upstairs window). So again I go on website to arrange redelivery and it says they have attempted delivery 3 times and now I must go and pick it up from collection centre myself. Except this is the first note we have had pushed through the door and there has been no sign at all of ANY other attempted deliveries. After complaining on Twitter they agreed to arrange a redelivery again but didnt ask me when was convenient, merely said 'We will try once more and it will be tomorrow.' So now I have to arrange someone to stay at my house until they deliver it (if they even attempt it this time).

Bottom line YODEL SUCKS DONT USE THEM, im now going to check when I order things and if they use Yodel I will ask for alternate delivery method or just wont use them.

EDIT Just found out that in a poll of 9,000 people, 58% who have had goods delivered by Yodel rated their experience as bad, says it all really.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Oh. My. Gosh. This.

All of this.

I hate yodel and I hate that Amazon use them when they can't get DPD. They are horrendous for not knocking, sticking a note through saying you weren't in and then disappearing back to the van before you can open the door and yell.

Avoid avoid avoid.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Yep, I've had bad experiences with them and Hermes parcel delivery. They said they had attempted delivery, but I was there the whole time. Liars. This wasn't a one off experience either. This has happened repeatedly.

Now I check to see if a company uses Yodel or Hermes. If they do, I won't use them. I've had too many things lost or not delivered. The worst part is that the couriers lie about it.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I shall be avoiding them like the plague from now on, truly awful service & 1 Google search tells you everything you can expect with them. That pic was from a dedicated Facebook group created merely for people to share their bad experiences...

Oh. My. Gosh. This.

All of this.

I hate yodel and I hate that Amazon use them when they can't get DPD. They are horrendous for not knocking, sticking a note through saying you weren't in and then disappearing back to the van before you can open the door and yell.

Avoid avoid avoid.
while I don't know how bad yodel is from personal experience, never used them before, do they even operate in the US? But maybe they're still better than Amazon's future plans to use drones to deliver packages...Drones vs Yodel, grim future indeed.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I heard about how bad these guys are, if I see anyone using them I avoid that outlet just on the strength of all the bad stuff I hear.

DPD though, is awesome.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Couriers like that don't care if they deliver the thing to someone or not, it's just a day's work to them so... try what I do when they are due to turn up tomorrow and leave the door open. If you guys can see them coming through the window, be standing there. I have to do it myself with some of them

If he does it again, catch him doing it on a mobile... =q

Last edited:

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Jeez. Well, in terms of tracking and reliability for time I guess. Although he might have peed up my wall (not that would make a difference seeing as drunks are always passing it anyways...)

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I've never had a problem with them. Certain sites that I buy from use them.

DX delivery on the other hand... now they're a pain in the butt.
I ordered a TV from a site last year. The site kept me up to date where the tv was (in transit etc).
About 11 days later, I emailed the company saying that it hadn't been delivered and I had heard nothing from the delivery company.
The said that the TV had been returned to their warehouse. So I ordered another one.
After so many days, I tried to get in contact with the delivery company, but it was an 'automated call center', so without the parcel number, I couldn't get through to speak to someone.
I then contacted the site (via phone) they said that the parcel would stay at the depot until a driver was available to collect and deliver it (that's what happens when you live in the ar$e end of nowhere).
A few more days passed and it still didn't turn up. I phoned the company that I ordered the TV from and they contacted the delivery company. They gave me a BS excuse that they couldn't get hold of me. I gave them two phone numbers... both working. Then the woman on the other end gave me two different excuses.
The best thing was, we saw a few delivery drivers in the road a day after and asked them if they've heard of DX delivery... none of them had.

So I ordered it from another site and it was delivered a couple of days later by Yodel.

I know the reputation Yodel have because I've seen Anne Robinson talking about them on Watchdog.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Mostly I would agree but this one courier from DPD used our garage as a urinal. Wasn't overly impressed by that...
Wow. That is unbelievable and disgusting. Should be sacked for that kind of behaviour.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I know the reputation Yodel have because I've seen Anne Robinson talking about them on Watchdog.

Yeah I read about this afterwards and they had been voted as worst courier service already, pages dedicated to how bad they are on social media sites and I have never seen that for a courier service.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Jeez. Well, in terms of tracking and reliability for time I guess. Although he might have peed up my wall (not that would make a difference seeing as drunks are always passing it anyways...)
No doubt these guys are actually very reliable - I get text messages telling me the precise timeframe they will be arriving and they have never been late so far. Just like to pee, I guess :laugh:
Wow. That is unbelievable and disgusting. Should be sacked for that kind of behaviour.
I complained and he was suspended from our route for a few months. Then he came back and my gosh he kisses my backside like you wouldn't believe now. It's all "Hi Mrs. Powell! How are you today? Have a fantastic day!" Half expect the guy to bring me chocolates one of these days...:tongue:

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Amazon and eBay are pretty much the only online shops that I'll purchase from nowadays, and thankfully Amazon tends to use CityLink as their courier of choice 99% of the time, I find. The Yodel guys who turn up in unmarked vans just seem like they're in a race to get home, allowing less than a femtosecond for me to race to the door. Never experienced anything to really make me rip my hair out, but I'd glad you were able to get it sorted, matey. If I were waiting on a PC component or something and I was getting messed about like that I'd have done the same.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Amazon and eBay are pretty much the only online shops that I'll purchase from nowadays, and thankfully Amazon tends to use CityLink as their courier of choice 99% of the time, I find. The Yodel guys who turn up in unmarked vans just seem like they're in a race to get home, allowing less than a femtosecond for me to race to the door. Never experienced anything to really make me rip my hair out, but I'd glad you were able to get it sorted, matey. If I were waiting on a PC component or something and I was getting messed about like that I'd have done the same.

Im hoping no-one I use to order my PC components (when I get around to it) uses this company or heads may roll. If it wasnt for Laura on their Twitter feed I would have had to go and pick it up myself, she managed to get it delivered today for me while Amy was home (Amy stood at front door pretty much).

Top Bottom