• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Yakuza: Of the End – full TGS presentation, new shots

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Yakuza: Of the End’s Tokyo Game Show reveal has come and gone. If you missed it, don’t worry about it because you can watch it right here, right now. The thirty-five minute video is packed with zombie-killing gameplay and a bunch of other stuff, including beautiful hostesses.

See it for yourself below, or check out a few new direct-feed screenshots of the game at the gallery.

Trailer and the gallery can be viewed below:

Source: http://scrawlfx.com/2010/09/yakuza-of-the-end-full-tgs-presentation-new-shots

Screenshots:

yakuzaoftheend201009161.jpg

Kazuma Kiryu, the main character in every main Yakuza games.

Goro Majima, one of Kazuma's best friend and rival in every main Yakuza games.

Shun Akiyama, one of the the new protagonists in Yakuza 4.

Ryuji Goda, the main villain in Yakuza 2 and make a surprise return in this game.

Daigo Dojima, the current chairman of the Tojo Clan.

Haruka Sawamura, Kazuma's old lover's daughter, and under Kazuma's care currently.​

Here is a bit of what the game's about:

Famitsu’s done a full thirteen-page reveal on Yakuza: Of the End (shared with the PSP’s Black Panther game) in their latest issue which leaked onto the net tonight. Believe it or not, it’s a friggin’ zombie game. With the Japanese mafia.

Interesting take on the series, I must say.

Kamurocho’s in ruins and its streets are crawling with zombies — even zombie once-sexy hostesses. In the screenshots, we see Kamurocho’s defense squad trying to fight off the zombies, but they prove to be no match.

Now the game’s title makes me think it’s a hit at Dawn of the Dead. Maybe it is? Only Sega knows.

Check out the scans below.

Thanks, Andriasang.

Source: http://scrawlfx.com/2010/09/yakuza-of-the-end-is-a-game-about-zombies

The confirmed playable characters in this game are:

Goro Majima (Yakuza 1, 2, 3, 4)
Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza 1, 2, 3, 4)
Shun Akiyama (Yakuza 4)
Ryuji Goda (Yakuza 2)

Looks awesome. I can't wait for the English release for this game as well Yakuza 4. Yakuza games never fail to impress me.:D

I am surprised to see Ryuji Goda's appearance in this game, since I am under the impression that he is dead in Yakuza 2. Perhaps this game will explain more of his return. His cybernetic arm can be a hint of his return in this game.

P.S. - Famitsu scans reveal that this game is a CANON SEQUEL for Yakuza 4.

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
This has got to be he weirdest Yakuza game ever, Zombies :lol:.
Looks pretty cool though :). I'm also looking forward to 4 even though I haven't got the 3rd one yet, but i'm currently playing 2 :)

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Haven;274098 said:
This has got to be he weirdest Yakuza game ever, Zombies :lol:.
Looks pretty cool though :). I'm also looking forward to 4 even though I haven't got the 3rd one yet, but i'm currently playing 2 :)

Nice. Enjoyed playing Yakuza 2? So far, all three Yakuza games are my favourites, although the first one has bad English voice acting... Wish they retain the Japanese voice, though.

I find that Yakuza games are much more in-depth than GTA games, and personally, I think Yakuza games are better than GTA games.

Haven

Yeah I'm enjoying 2 a lot, but I can't decide which is better though 1 or 2 :huh:.

I actually thought the dub on the first wasn't that bad :p, but I do prefer the japanese dialogue :).

And I agree, I think the yakuza games are better then GTA :D. They are more in-depth then GTA games, and have better storylines :D.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Haven;274126 said:
Yeah I'm enjoying 2 a lot, but I can't decide which is better though 1 or 2 :huh:.

I actually thought the dub on the first wasn't that bad :p, but I do prefer the japanese dialogue :).

And I agree, I think the yakuza games are better then GTA :D. They are more in-depth then GTA games, and have better storylines :D.

I agree. Every Yakuza game's storyline are more epic, awesome, emotional, and etc than GTA games.

Here is my ranking of Yakuza games.

1. Yakuza 3
2. Yakuza 2
3. Yakuza 1

Odd, huh? This is due to Sega kept improving the game every time, so it keeps getting better and better, in my opinion.

Have a look at this. Three real life yakuza reviewed Yakuza 3:

http://www.boingboing.net/2010/08/10/yakuza-3-review.html

It is interesting to see how the game is in their viewpoint, and they are pretty pleased with Ykauza 3. ^_^

Haven

Wow, real Yakuza reviewing the game o_O. It was interesting to see what they thought of it, I was actually surprised they liked it :p. The only unrealistic thing they thought was the fighting, and Kazuma's red shirt :lol:

Top Bottom