• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Wow...got some new stuff to share. Three words: NO QUICKTIME EVENTS. CONFIRMED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

icmasticc

By now you should know what my posts mean. If you don't, I'll tell you one last time. I am the bringer of DmC: Devil May Cry news. I'm not alone in my plight, but I've accepted my fate lol.

Anyway, here's the goodies. I found an interview G4TV did with Alex Jones(Capcom) and Tameem(Ninja Theory). Don't know if you guys saw it already, but I thought it was pretty informative.

Tameem HIMSELF, said that he doesn't want quicktime events in the game. At least that's a good start. And they also seem to want the combat to remain as fast-paced as it was in the OG games, so could this mean they've UE3 has been brought to new levels??

Anyhow here's the link, and I won't bother bolding any statments for importance because there is way too many in this vid.

Here's the link.
http://n4g.com/news/612921/g4tv-dmc-devil-may-cry-producer-interview

Also, HOT TIP: DmC demo coming in may 2011 with release following later. I'll post a link to that later though...gotta confirm my sources first lol.
-------------------
Here's my thoughts on the vid. I seriously think Dante will be very close to the original at the end of the game. With how Tameem very briefly explained the meaning of "retelling", it seems like they just want to show HOW Dante became the badass he is in the other DMC games. Of course he couldn't have always dodged every attack and never got hit and what not.

What's your thoughts on this? Discuss.

Virago

Not listening.
Great find! I'm really hoping your "hot tip" is right, and I have a feeling it might be. NT and Capcom would want to capitalize on the publicity sooner rather than later.

My thoughts: I don't really want them to go into how Dante became a demigod, or if they do, I don't want that to be the only focus of the game's story. I kind of want a new Dante that has some real weaknesses.

Either way, it's looking better and better.

Edited to add: I'm very happy to hear they're trying to bring the cinematics to the game itself. That always ****ed me off. Dante could all kinds of amazing stuff during a cut scene that didn't exist during the game, or maybe exist after the player "buys" abilities. That is definitely a welcome adjustment.

fon

Crazy Chick
No QTE!!!
daphne_o_GIFSoup.gif

(and more rep for you xD)
I'm so glad they're not gonna put any. When I first saw Heavenly Sword gameplay I would've been so dissapointed if they added it to DmC, really slows down the action.

They should take their time with that demo :)

EDIT: Dang man, I need some subtitles for whatever Antoniades is saying.
I think I just heard they want to make gameplay deeper like a Western game? Umm...
But they must be really annoyed about always being asked about the fan reaction. Stay strong, NT/Capcom. (Yeah, i'm still guilty of at first being a hater, but life goes on, and haters should too.)

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
I can't watch the video 'cuz I'm at work, but does anyone think that if the demo is in May 2011 the game could be released in October to celebrate 10 years of DMC? Sorry if this has been said before I haven't been keeping upto date with this section of the forum.

I really like the idea of a story telling how Dante became the Dante we all know and :wub:

ARandomGuy

Best interview YET! (and I think it's the only good one lol)
Anyway this is spectacular!
1.NO QTE!
2.Same stylized gameplay (even more deeper?... maybe)
3.The story seems linked to the other dmc games.
4.Demo next year... woohoo!
Simply fantastic!

icmasticc

Yeah, I think this interview is the best one yet also. It shows that NT DOES in fact care about the original series and what it meant to the fans on SOME level or another. They seem like they are trying hard to please the fans but also their employers(Capcom) somewhat equally. Devil May Cry is a very important series to a lot of people....there's A LOT of pressure on NT to make a successful DMC game that retains the overall spirit of DMC. Gotta give them credit for not just quitting or refusing to give it a shot.

Lady™

Devils Never Cry ™
<3 Oh lawd, the more I read articles, news, and listen to new interviews, the more stoked I get. May 2011, hurry up and get here! >_<

I doubt NT will dissapoint. If they knew they would, you think they'd take up this project AND be confident while doing so? Pfft, I think not. As icmasticc said... Its an important game to fans. If they knew the game would be a bad idea for buisness/fans, they would stop and leave it as a small project. In the end, its all about money. And they are too determined to get this game to us.

<3

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Just watched the video. I like these sentences -

"Recognisable as a DMC game."
They apparantly "guarantee people are gonna be happy" :D
"Cinematics in game play" sounds interesting!
and lasst, but not least they talk about 'familiar things/characters! Don't wanna speculate, but :wub: sounds promising!

icmasticc

Lady™;283595 said:
<3 Oh lawd, the more I read articles, news, and listen to new interviews, the more stoked I get. May 2011, hurry up and get here! >_<

I doubt NT will dissapoint. If they knew they would, you think they'd take up this project AND be confident while doing so? Pfft, I think not. As icmasticc said... Its an important game to fans. If they knew the game would be a bad idea for buisness/fans, they would stop and leave it as a small project. In the end, its all about money. And they are too determined to get this game to us.

<3

Definitely agree with this. I think this game could be a success while still honoring the OG DMC to some degree.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
I dont know about you guys but when i play DMC it IS cinematic, more so than the cutscenes! :p but on a serious note good find this is the first time they've started digging themselves "out" rather than deeper

rep+ for a good find :)

Lady™

Devils Never Cry ™
This game has potential to be one of the best DMC games ever. A bold statement I must say. Out white haired Dante is irreplaceable, but this COULD be Dante before DMC3. Maybe he embraced his demon side more at one point? Possibilities are endless. <3

It was even featured in Game Informer (picked up the magazine today).

And I have to agree with you Spawnshooter <3
The battles in DMC make me tingle. <3

So... All the people who are cutting themselves over it should reconsider talking smack about our new "emo" hero.
He doesn't even look emo, he looks like a kid who was abused and neglected his entire life. Should that be the case, I don't blame him for being angsty.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
:wub: :wub: I'll say it again, if Capcom and NT (aka Alex and Tameem) were a man, I'd SO marry him!
Good find! ^_^ (and WHOOT!!!!! I'm gonna do some Hulk-smash moves Dante style in this game XD)

icmasticc

I would agree with you SpawnShooter about DMC battles being cinematic. In every DMC game I played, the boss battles felt(rather than just looked) like they were taking place on a such a large scale. DMC boss battles have always been great, in my opinion, with the exception of a couple average ones.

Gotta say I'm kind of excited now. I actually would like to know just HOW Dante became the guy we've seen and played throughout the main series. I also wouldn't mind doing some of the things that happen only in cutscenes(Mission 1 cutscene in DMC 3 is a GREAT example lol). The music wasn't bad so far and, NT's one and only saving grace, the story will probably be very well told. They also seem to be hinting at returning characters.

My only worry is the Unreal Engine 3. I want to know if they have possibly pushed it beyond it's normal 25-30 FPS rate.

Tony

Demonslayer
dont get it, what is new about this interview? its almost one month old, I posted it in my forum more than three weeks ago ^^

darkslayer101

Tony;283728 said:
dont get it, what is new about this interview? its almost one month old, I posted it in my forum more than three weeks ago ^^
ya the interview was pretty old when the anger over the reboot was at the brim...NT is just trying to calm the fans down by saying these things..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom