• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Would You Still Be A Fan If......

Would you still be a fan?

• Yeah and be excited for DMC5/DmC2 (if no DmC2/DMC5 was coming)

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • I'll be too sad but still hopeful for the other series

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Nope f*ck Devil May Cry & Crapcom

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I'm neutral so I don't care

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Well everyone here can consider them a fan of Devil May Cry series whether through the originals or the reboot. Some like one and not the other and some might like both. However, plenty like one more than the other and then you get rare cases that likes them both equally.

Now say Capcom stops the one you like the most whether you're a fan of DMC and its DMC or if your a fan of DmC more and its DmC.

The Devil May Cry that you like most is now gone and you're stuck with the one you didn't like as much (or at all really) would you still be a fan of the series or Devil May Cry brand or not?

berto

I Saw the Devil
if they scraped mine over the other id be very upset but i would still be a fan of the franchise. i would still play the games i like and maybe give the others a chance. i just wouldn't be much of a capcom fan.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I'd still like the games I like and play those. But I wouldn't follow the 'brand' just because it's the brand. Which is pretty much what I'm doing right now.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I really like both, and I'd want them to make both DMC5 and DmC2. I wouldn't be happy if they cut either. Sure, I started off really really hating new Dante, but he's grown on me, and I would be miffed if I didn't see another adventure with him in.

Same goes for classic Dante. I really want them to continue his story instead of shafting him for Nero. I think I'd be more annoyed though if they didn't make a DMC5 considering there's a lot more backstory and history there that needs clearing up after DMC2's cliff hanger ending. Plus it's classic Dante. I don't want to see him go.

So, I guess whichever game was left over after the cut, I'd continue to support it, but I'd be annoyed that they couldn't make both DmC and DMC games....more annoyed if they cut any classic DMC sequels.

IncarnatedDemon

As long as Trish is not in reboot, they can do whatever they want.
Just the fact they made this reboot was a violation of the relation Capcom had with me as a fan.
But my hope is that Platinum Games gets rights to Dante and Trish. Then i can enjoy PG games with two of my favorite characters :D
And at same time NT and Capcom can do DmC2.

Win-Win.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
If DmC2 comes around and wipes away any chance for one last DMC game to be made, then I will lose interest in Devil May Cry altogether. Sorry, but I just don't have strong feelings about DmC or possible sequels. I don't care for westernization, because the games didn't need that. Aside from that, what I found appealing about DMC was its style and over-the-top-ness, and they replaced that original style with DmC. In my opinion, developers need to stick to the product they advertized and got fans for - they shouldn't replace it with something completely different. Especially when the DMC games have existed since 2001.
If it keeps going like this with every game, then Japanese games (in terms of style) will eventually cease to exist or become a niche, and that's not a good thing in my book. There's not many of those games as it is.

It would be best if they could coexist, but I don't know how that would work with the rights to Devil May Cry and its characters. They'd have to make DMC and DmC legally more separate.
Anyway, it may be a good idea to continue with DmC eventually. If they want to do Devil May Cry all over again, then by all means (I don't mean this cynically).

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Ok my opinion on this topic has been rather altering.

At the beginning, before DmC came out I was relatively excited but liked the original series more and hoped for a sequel for that game but wouldn't mind a sequel for DmC although there are times I saw it as DmC was merely an one shot kind of deal meant to try something new and bring interest back into the series so that way a DMC5 could be far more relevant in the media.

So yeah I would've preferred a DMC5 than a DmC2 and wouldn't mind it if we didn't get a DmC2 (nor didn't mind it if we did).

I guess to make this short.

If I didn't get DMC5 and we get DmC sequels from here on........I would be severely upset but I wouldn't totally drop the franchise.....it depends I never said how each series would go on. I'll look to see if they can make a DmC2...or 3 that can surpass all the past Devil May Cry games and interest me. If Capcom dropped NT and/or stopped with this "westernization = casualization" concept then I'll be more hopeful for the series sure I'm not a big fan of the DmC series beginnings and sort of don't like the whole angel/demon concept (in the sense of story).

I would say I'll look at other hack and slash but outside Bayonetta there is no other hack and slash that can rival Devil May Cry gameplay and depth and even then based on what Kamiya said and Bayonetta/PG's bad luck I doubt Bayonetta will get a Bayonetta 3 or another game and keep going........so damn I might just get stuck with DmC......well lets hope Darksiders can get better (or at least not worst) when in the hands of a different developer/publisher and Team Ninja can prevent another NG3 and make a NG game that is at least as good as NG2 and Black (but I prefer better).

Well I do plan to become a game dev and plan to make a hack and slash that surpasses Devil May Cry......but that might take a while.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
i wouldn't drop it completely, but i would care for the series less

This^^^

I would not give up on the series and drop it completely if the original series was abandoned, but I definitely would not be as big of a supporter of the franchise as a whole as I used to be.

Would definitely care less for the series, but would still keep a eye on it and play the games.

Don't get me wrong, I would not mind seeing a DmC2, if one does happen I hope it addresses some of the issues I had with DmC, but I still want a DMC5 most of all.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Well everyone here can consider them a fan of Devil May Cry series whether through the originals or the reboot. Some like one and not the other and some might like both. However, plenty like one more than the other and then you get rare cases that likes them both equally.

Now say Capcom stops the one you like the most whether you're a fan of DMC and its DMC or if your a fan of DmC more and its DmC.

The Devil May Cry that you like most is now gone and you're stuck with the one you didn't like as much (or at all really) would you still be a fan of the series or Devil May Cry brand or not?

If the one I prefer ceased to exist? I would be sad that it's gone, and hopeful that it might return.

In the meantime?

I'd play the hell out of the ones that I love because, even if the series were over, at least I still have the games, anime, novels, and whatnot to fall back on. :)

Top Bottom