• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Would you like a boss Rush in DMC?

Boss Rush

• Only as a bonus mode, but no as a part of the main game

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • Yes: As a part of the main game

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • No: Neither as a bonus mode, nor as a part of the main game.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Only as a part of the main game, but no as a bonus mode.

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
As a Bonus mode, yes. Maybe like a Boss version of Bloody Palace, but I hate it when they put the Boss Rush in DMC3. it felt like padding, and the only real good that came out of it was getting the Blue Orb Fragment.

ChaserTech

Needs to be a bonus feature. I felt annoyed having to repeat bosses in DMC3 in the later missions.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Sure, but not like how they did with DMC2 by mixing all the bosses into one clusterfuck of a final enemy.

Frazz

General gamer
I feel that in the main story a boss rush would be unnecessary and in DMC3 it aggravated me as it just didn't serve a purpose in the story. As a bonus mode I think it would be fun in DmC but I don't mind if it isn't in the game! :)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
No. They did it in DMC3 and DMC4. DMC4 at least had gameplay sections to pad that level out, but it was still tedious as hell. Being inside the Savior was very anticlimactic because of that one mission.

I'd say either a boss-only version of the Bloody Palace, or not at all.

Speaking of, I think an enemy-only version of the Bloody Palace would be pretty fun too.

ChaserTech

Speaking of, I think an enemy-only version of the Bloody Palace would be pretty fun too.

Definitely. As much as I like fighting bosses, I don't want them to be in Bloody Palace. I just want countless enemy waves.

In fact it would be interesting if they made an algorithm that spawned almost an infinite combination of enemies that progressively get harder as you move along in BP. Not sure if this is possible though.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Definitely. As much as I like fighting bosses, I don't want them to be in Bloody Palace. I just want countless enemy waves.

In fact it would be interesting if they made an algorithm that spawned almost an infinite combination of enemies that progressively get harder as you move along in BP. Not sure if this is possible though.

Oh, it's completely possible. In fact, if you made it just an algorithm instead of programming each wave individually, it would take up significantly less space.

Why do you think DMC2's Bloody Palace is so much more random than DMC3 or 4's? It uses an algorithm just like the one you described.

MegaMad9

The Mad Man
I would only want it as a bonus mode because the DMC series has had some very memorable bosses, and it is a pain in the a$$ to have to go through the whole level just for the boss fight

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts
What I'd love to see in a Bloody Palace is an additional "survival" variation. That is, one single room where an infinate wave of enemies keeps coming and coming without any sort of break, getting progressively more difficult (tougher enemies, AI difficulty increase, larger numbers, etc.). The goal wouldn't be "let's see if you can make it to the last room", but "let's see how long can you last before your ass gets inevitably kicked".

I would only want it as a bonus mode because the DMC series has had some very memorable bosses, and it is a pain in the a$$ to have to go through the whole level just for the boss fight

I hear you. I'm still dissappointed that DMC4's Credo, the most amazing boss fight in the whole game, was only fought ONCE during the main game. No Dante rematch, no mission 19 boss rush, just Bloody Palace.

AngelMode

They did this in DMC3 and 4. Hell, they did it in DMC1 as well with Nightmare. Keep it for a bonus stuff, the whole "fighting all defeated bosses all over again" makes no sense and it feels like they have run out of ideas... although it seems like a DMC staple to do that or something...

Erian1Mortal

Premium
As a mode like bloody palace, hell yeah!
Inside the story, nope, we already fight the bosses there, no need to do that a second time...
I really hope they don't dissapoint when it comes to modes like this^^

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
They did this in DMC3 and 4. Hell, they did it in DMC1 as well with Nightmare. Keep it for a bonus stuff, the whole "fighting all defeated bosses all over again" makes no sense and it feels like they have run out of ideas... although it seems like a DMC staple to do that or something...

It's more like a Capcom staple in their games. Every single Mega Man game out there has a boss rush stage near the end.

ChaserTech

I hear you. I'm still dissappointed that DMC4's Credo, the most amazing boss fight in the whole game, was only fought ONCE during the main game.

DMC4's Credo boss fight is literally THE best boss fight I've ever fought against in DMC4. (especially when you aren't trying to exploit the AI).

AngelMode

It's more like a Capcom staple in their games. Every single Mega Man game out there has a boss rush stage near the end.
Oh lol, completely forgot about Megaman.

DMC4's Credo boss fight is literally THE best boss fight I've ever fought against in DMC4. (especially when you aren't trying to exploit the AI).

Yep, it is one of the coolest boss fights in the entire DMC franchise in my opinion (beats Mundus but falls short of Dante vs Vergil ones) and the soundtrack is nice. I always liked the mano a mano (or in this case sword on sword) straight out fighting each other at the humanoid level. Dante (as a boss) in DMC4 is just a little annoying mosquito that reacts to whatever you do with something and it is really easy to see the patterns.

ChaserTech

Oh lol, completely forgot about Megaman.

lol xD

Yep, it is one of the coolest boss fights in the entire DMC franchise in my opinion (beats Mundus but falls short of Dante vs Vergil ones) and the soundtrack is nice. I always liked the mano a mano (or in this case sword on sword) straight out fighting each other at the humanoid level. Dante (as a boss) in DMC4 is just a little annoying mosquito that reacts to whatever you do with something and it is really easy to see the patterns.

Perfectly explained. Even with Dante, it felt like a 1 vs 1 combat experience. The closest feeling of making DMC a multiplayer game.

AngelMode

Perfectly explained. Even with Dante, it felt like a 1 vs 1 combat experience. The closest feeling of making DMC a multiplayer game.

Dude... can you picture someone like brea and his1nightmare (or any of those crazy good players) fighting each other in a DMC4 multiplayer? I would probably be lost like 5 seconds in.

... but I digress XD

ChaserTech

Dude... can you picture someone like brea and his1nightmare (or any of those crazy good players) fighting each other in a DMC4 multiplayer? I would probably be lost like 5 seconds in.

... but I digress XD

lol It'd be fun. I'd maybe have a chance if I use Nero. But not Dante. >_>; Although I'm sure I'd lose horribly.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
I love any kind of fight that gives off a multiplayer kind of feel. If I could select those boss fights in DMC3/4 via mission select I would be sorted for a long time. Especially in the instance of DMC4, I loved fighting Dante as Dante but going through all BP levels does take a while.
Should probably just get it on PC instead xD

berto

I Saw the Devil
I just said 'yes' on the vote but I meant 'no.'

Out of the whole demo the only part I don't play is Poison. At first it was difficult and it presented a real challenge but now I find it more tedious and more labor that fun. I find it very mechanized with little room for doing other things. Usually that can be a fun part of games but for whatever reason I find poison a very un fun boss and if it's any indication toward the other bosses' style I'll play 'em once to get passed them and skip 'em every other time. So once is enough, thank you.

Top Bottom