• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Would you eat...

Would you eat squirrel?

• Yeah, I'd try it

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Hell no!

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • I've already tried it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
grey%20squirrel%2001.jpg

SQUIRREL?!

In/around my part of the world, the government/council has decided to have a cull of grey squirrels to try and re-introduce the Red Squirrel (which at one time was native to the uk, but they we're mostly killed off by the grey, which has boomed in population).

I know that there are people in Canada that eat Squirrel. Personally, I couldn't eat it because to me, they're not bred for food and the solution to the grey squirrel problem is typically human (ie, it's a problem, lets kill it.)

So, news sources has it that a pasty company in cornwall is going to produce a squirrel pasty... what i want to know is would you try squirrel (eat) or would you leave it and be sick at the thought of eating it. Or have you tried it, if so, what was it like (not too graphic). Did it taste like chicken?

Opinions would be nice... arguing is just stupid, and i don't want a meateater v vegetarian/vegan arguement, it's not what i've created this thread for. Plus, i like to think stuff like this can be debated responsibly...

Dark Drakan

Admin
Id give it a go, apparently the meat is in quite high demand. If they are going to cull them then better to make use of them than to simply throw away the bodies. If people can eat pigeons (flying rats that they are) then squirrel cant be that bad.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
Id give it a go, apparently the meat is in quite high demand. If they are going to cull them then better to make use of them than to simply throw away the bodies. If people can eat pigeons (flying rats that they are) then squirrel cant be that bad.

pigeons aren't flying rats although annoying they are quite clean

Dark Drakan

Admin
pigeons aren't flying rats although annoying they are quite clean

City Pigeons have always been referred to as Flying Rats or Rats with wings can get arrested if you feed them in our towns in some areas.

Feral pigeons have been known to pass on dangerous diseases such as chiamdiosis, a virus similar to influenza, ornithosis also called parrot fever, similar to pneumonia and salmonellosis.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
City Pigeons have always been referred to as Flying Rats or Rats with wings can get arrested if you feed them in our towns in some areas.

Feral pigeons have been known to pass on dangerous diseases such as chiamdiosis, a virus similar to influenza, ornithosis also called parrot fever, similar to pneumonia and salmonellosis.

point taken i was stating what my dad said i hate em cuz they steal my cookie:mad:

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I was shocked when Dark Drakan Said pigeons... i don't know why because there are people that live in the devon/cornwall countryside that eat road kill...
Although i understand about the whole waste thing (better to do something with the bodies thing)

Dark Drakan

Admin
I was shocked when Dark Drakan Said pigeons... i don't know why because there are people that live in the devon/cornwall countryside that eat road kill...
Although i understand about the whole waste thing (better to do something with the bodies thing)

Id try Pigeon too actually, meant to be quite strong flavoured. I draw the line at roadkill though. :p

Dark Drakan

Admin
thanks i was hoping of getting more of a selection i can never find the one i want:D

I will send him a message at some point soon and see as he did say he was going to update them but never got around to it. Unless Angel pops her head in and has something to add of course.

Kammosjuttu

Id try Pigeon too actually, meant to be quite strong flavoured. I draw the line at roadkill though. :p

I've actually eaten a roadkill.
... now, did that sound bad? To explain it a bit; in Finland (that's where I live) are a lot of elks. They also like to loiter on roads a lot. And thus they get hit by cars a lot. Now, my uncle's friend car crashed with an elk and then my uncle ended up buying the dead elk for food (elk is used for food commonly). Around where he lives it's not an expectional thing to do. And then I was there to eat that elk, too.

To the question of would I eat squirrel --- well, maybe not. I was already surprised by the fact that I can buy kangaroo or camel meat at my local market... needless to say, I've not been brave enough to taste such things as of yet.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I'd give it a bash, I suppose. My dad ate one once with the Scouts but then again that was waaay back in the 1700's or whenever so it doesn't surprise me.

Top Bottom