• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Would you buy another Assassin's Creed game?

Meg

I ask this because I know people who were annoyed with ACIII for varying reasons. Personally, I think the series peaked with Brotherhood and then went spiraling down after that. Revelations was....blah. And ACIII was just terribly boring. No really, I could barely stay awake while playing it.

Since Ubisoft has confirmed that another AC game is coming out this year, I ask if you'd buy it. For me, I'm so sick of the series that the game would have to be amazing for me to even consider it. The ending of ACIII really annoyed me. So even if the gameplay got an overhaul, it would still take a lot to get me to consider buying another AC game.

What about you guys? :D

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I've not bought one since Brotherhood.
To me, Assassin's Creed is past the point of beating a dead horse, it's just gotten so bland and samey, Brotherhood was cool, but even then it was starting to wear a bit thin to me, then I see the later games that have added basically bugger all and I just wonder why people keep buying into it.

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
I've never really been able to get into the games myself, so i doubt it. The series seems to becoming slapped together as well so that doesn't really help things, it seems every time i see anything regarding the AC series it's some AI bug or some terrible collision detection that most games don't see as many of.

So no, i think i'll be sticking clear of the series.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I haven't even had a go on 3 yet. I like the graphics, but the gameplay....not so much. It put me off. For me 2 was the best, what followed was okay, but just not the same. I didn't get that 'wow' feeling when I saw the world created in the animus for the first time like I did with 2.

I don't think I'll be buying any more assassin's creed games, not since they churn out 1 game a year. It's making the games go downhill.

Meg

I've not bought one since Brotherhood.
To me, Assassin's Creed is past the point of beating a dead horse, it's just gotten so bland and samey, Brotherhood was cool, but even then it was starting to wear a bit think to me, then I see the later games that have added basically bugger all and I just wonder why people keep buying into it.
My problem with ACII was it had cool ideas and everything, but it lacked side missions I wanted to do. Brotherhood added it some cool features and side quests, so it was a great game. Plus, I thought it had a cool story.

But after that.....-_-

It's a shame too. The first AC introduced such a cool, original story and neat gameplay ideas. It just got repetitive and the world felt empty and boring. ACII fixed the repetition, and Brotherhood fixed the empty, boring world.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
My problem with ACII was it had cool ideas and everything, but it lacked side missions I wanted to do. Brotherhood added it some cool features and side quests, so it was a great game. Plus, I thought it had a cool story.

But after that.....-_-

It's a shame too. The first AC introduced such a cool, original story and neat gameplay ideas. It just got repetitive and the world felt empty and boring. ACII fixed the repetition, and Brotherhood fixed the empty, boring world.
Yeah, Brotherhood was easily the peak of the series, but even with the changes and additions I just couldn't shake the feeling that I was more or less playing the exact same game again.

Which is a shame, because I really got into Brotherhood's story, and I always liked Ezio's character.

Reactions: Meg

Meg

Yeah, Brotherhood was easily the peak of the series, but even with the changes and additions I just couldn't shake the feeling that I was more or less playing the exact same game again.

Which is a shame, because I really got into Brotherhood's story, and I always liked Ezio's character.
Oh I agree. Brotherhood was very "same-y." I kept thinking how Brotherhood is the game ACII should have been. If ACII had the extra stuff Brotherhood had, there would be no need for it to exist at all.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Oh I agree. Brotherhood was very "same-y." I kept thinking how Brotherhood is the game ACII should have been. If ACII had the extra stuff Brotherhood had, there would be no need for it to exist at all.

Pretty much. The cynic in me wants to say that something a simple as added side missions should've been in ACII in the first place, but they weren't so Ubi could throw something in for a sequel.

But only the most jaded, cynical and mean people would think that, of course. :lol:

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I think that's another thing for me. Ezio won't be in it. He was such a good character compared to Connor and Altair. I couldn't get into either of thse characters. From what I saw of Connor, he seems to range from flat to sudden anger. Altair just seemed flat with not much to him.

Meg

I think that's another thing for me. Ezio won't be in it. He was such a good character compared to Connor and Altair. I couldn't get into either of thse characters. From what I saw of Connor, he seems to range from flat to sudden anger. Altair just seemed flat with not much to him.
I think there is something to be said about the stoic, badass assassin, i.e. Altair. Connor on the other hand...BORING! D:

And about the bugs, in ACIII's defense it is a really big game. It's hard to find and fix every bug in a game, and it's even harder as the game increases in size. That said how the developers got away with overlooking so many bugs I have no idea.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Since I havent played any AC games yet maybe because of the jumping on point it offers. It's not that i'm not interested, i just dont have the time to play all of them and catch up.

Surprisingly I actually like Connor and Altair more than Ezio which means I've become a AC hipster:devil:.

I admit that Connor has some big problems as the writing was too plot-focused on weaving him in and out of the revolution's big moments and using him as a vehicle to show the failings of the assassins order.

He was either humble or awkward in social interactions or mad because he was being played for a fool by whoever he was working for and you didn't get to see the othersides of him.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Pretty much every one has disappointed me in some way, sure some are good games but each one has incorperated something really frustrating. I applaud their attempts at changing a lot in ACIII but there are some really silly design ideas in it, plus as Meg said a lot of it is boring. I love the updated engine & some ideas are good but there is so much that simply doesnt work or is just boring. I mean they brought in the animal hunting (something I enjoyed in Red Dead) & made it boring with every big animal killed with a QTE. Tackling groups of bears in Red Dead was a challenge, they didnt wait for each other to attack & pull off the same 3 button combinations in a loop each time to take them down, removing the challenge. I would buy it for the improvements but I wouldnt be preordering or in a rush to do so due to likely frustrations being introduced too.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Played the first one, gave the second one a go and thought it was a pile of fail (I mean, an achievement for being born? Really?). Never had any interest in it since.

The first game had a lot of new ideas which fascinated me but in practice, they didn't work out for me personally. I couldn't do anything more than a slow stroll without someone somewhere trying to nail me to a frisbee and fling me over a rainbow or whatever...

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
I've played the first three AC game and love the second and brotherhood. It was fun, but it did start to get repetitive after a while. And I know I'll be getting AC:R and AC 3. But, if they made another one? I just have to see if it catches my fancy.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
lol-nope-thumb.jpg

AssCreed is pretty much dead. The game shouldn't even be called Assassin's Creed anymore because you sure as hell don't do what I thought would be in the job description of an assassin. Ubisoft just wants to milk the AssCreed cash cow and the next AC game will come out this year just being a glorified expansion of 3 that they will just market as a "new" game.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Pretty much every one has disappointed me in some way, sure some are good games but each one has incorperated something really frustrating. I applaud their attempts at changing a lot in ACIII but there are some really silly design ideas in it, plus as Meg said a lot of it is boring. I love the updated engine & some ideas are good but there is so much that simply doesnt work or is just boring. I mean they brought in the animal hunting (something I enjoyed in Red Dead) & made it boring with every big animal killed with a QTE. Tackling groups of bears in Red Dead was a challenge, they didnt wait for each other to attack & pull off the same 3 button combinations in a loop each time to take them down, removing the challenge. I would buy it for the improvements but I wouldnt be preordering or in a rush to do so due to likely frustrations being introduced too.
I love messing with bears in Red Dead Redemption. It was a challenge but I actually rallied up a bunch of bears getting them to chase me into Blackwater where my army of bears then proceeded to maul other online players killing each other. They were all like "WTF IS THAT?!" Imagine a scene like this:
Picture+7.png

Except it's 2 guys with count 'em 14 bears following. I'm serious and is one of the greatest things I have ever done in that game. I'm proud of that.

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
my fav ac game was the second one after that its all been okay. revelations was a huge disappointment and so was 3 but i still loved those games and yeah i will buy another ac game because for me all the ac game were magical and i enjoyed playing them :)

Top Bottom