• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Would DmC 2 be close to DMC 1 ?

Slaythe

Let me explain, first of all, none of what I am about to say contains spoilers, these are all assumptions based on official Medias.

By the end of DmC, the story could pretty much go this way :

- Dante aware of the demon world
- Dante having awakened his power completely ( the way Vergil did ), altering his appearance
- The world only having to deal with small threats
- Kat might motivate him to step up and try to help those in need
- Mundus' body was destroyed by Dante or Vergil
- Vergil would be stuck in hell because he lost ( meaning for him
He needs more power ) against Dante
- Phineas might see a future glimpse of Dante, More similar to the hero we knew, probably of his back, while slowly turning His head, giving us a side view !

This would lead to :

- In Hell, Mundus' remnants teaming up with Vergil, allowing Mundus to remain while giving Vergil more power. The interesting point is that they both hate each other and both would try to take over. ( I don't see Nelo Angelo puppet happening exactly as it did, but a " dark angel " would be fitting given Vergil's new origins)

- Dante becoming less of a rebel, creating Devil May Cry ( knowing NT, this would take some time in the story before getting to the Mundus part... Or maybe all those missions to help people would reveal a little more about what's going in hell to Dante )

- The creation of Trish

- The legacy of Sparda explored

- Dante inheriting the full demonic power ( that Vergil would gain through Mundus ) thanks to Sparda

- the definitive end of Mundus

- Vergil's salvation

I think this DmC series could be fantastic if done right. And much closer to the original than most people thought.

chocolatepanda

I dont think Virgil or Dante will unlock their full power in this game. And you're leaving out the half angel part so full demonic power isnt really possible since he's not a full demon.
Sparda probably doesnt have much of a legacy since he war was probably against the angels until he met Eva so it likely that they became unwanted by both demons and angels unless the angels accepted them being together which seems unlikely since Eva died and Sparda was captured. So if anything angels might see Dante as a threat to them since he beat Mundus which is something they couldn't do and decide to take him out in the next game(if there is one).

Slaythe

The angel plot can be a plot for DmC 3. I can't see Mundus being done now.

Also, Sparda is not any demon, he's the most powerful one.

Dante only has access to the iconic devil trigger. He could borrow his father s power ( through his sword or whatever ).

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
The angel plot can be a plot for DmC 3. I can't see Mundus being done now.

Also, Sparda is not any demon, he's the most powerful one.

Dante only has access to the iconic devil trigger. He could borrow his father s power ( through his sword or whatever ).
It might not be accurate to say that DmC Sparda is the strongest demon since, unlike the original, this Sparda lost to Mundus.

Slaythe

I'm not sure he lost because he was less powerful. He probably wanted to protect his family. And anyway he's still in the toP 3, point remains.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
On the other hand, there are a lot of possibilitys, I for one would like it to end on a good note, but with Dante taking on the name of Tony Redgrave, so that a second game could take some parts of the novel into it. And if he opens up the Shop after the end of the game they should incorporate his daily business into the game, sorta like side missions or something.

But I think it depends on the ending and developement of the characters in the game to see how likely a second game is^^

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I'd rather DmC only be a one-shot game, because there's the whole thinking process of what to do with the plot next, and how to make the gameplay better then the last.

Azurel

I'd rather DmC only be a one-shot game, because there's the whole thinking process of what to do with the plot next, and how to make the gameplay better then the last.

It's like Sherlock Holmes Game of Shadows. Both Sherlock and Moriarty should have died right then and there. Because, what else are they going to do with the series after this big dramatic scene and awesome fight? You can't do anything. At the very least, I just hope they don't make a sequel.

Besides, I would have tremendous respect for NT if they decided to not continue the story. If there were to be a DmC 2, then they should do it with an all new cast and villain. That way, it doesn't feel like a repeat of the first one. Or, never make it at all, leaving the story well enough alone.

So, yes. I would like it if both Vergil and Dante were to die. Dante sacrificing himself and killing Vergil along with the process. Look they can even copy the fall from DMC3, only this time, they both die and become imprisoned in hell.

It would be bleak, but this is an adult audience, and therefore, mature enough to handle it (I hope).

Azurel

@DragonMaster

Or, since Dante and Vergil started as friends, the final scene could end like this.

After the final fight Dante imprisons Vergil somehow and walks away in sadness.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
It's like Sherlock Holmes Game of Shadows. Both Sherlock and Moriarty should have died right then and there. Because, what else are they going to do with the series after this big dramatic scene and awesome fight? You can't do anything. At the very least, I just hope they don't make a sequel.

Besides, I would have tremendous respect for NT if they decided to not continue the story. If there were to be a DmC 2, then they should do it with an all new cast and villain. That way, it doesn't feel like a repeat of the first one. Or, never make it at all, leaving the story well enough alone.

So, yes. I would like it if both Vergil and Dante were to die. Dante sacrificing himself and killing Vergil along with the process. Look they can even copy the fall from DMC3, only this time, they both die and become imprisoned in hell.

It would be bleak, but this is an adult audience, and therefore, mature enough to handle it (I hope).

I always did like that fight.

It was based solely on instinct and knowledge of the technique both opponents would take in terms of their teachings and when to use different strategies if the situation called for it. That had to be my most favorite fight in the movie, cause it didn't happen, it was thought out within their minds, or a physiological battle.

But back to topic: I think both Dante and Vergil dying would be a cool way to end the game, but I think Dante should be the one to live since he has to be there to kill the demons. Unless after killing Mundus, the world no longer has demons.

MegaMad9

The Mad Man
I think that DmC2 could focus on Nero, which could be Lillith's kid (the creature picture that we saw had one really large and very powerful arm, and one smaller, more normal one, that sounds a lot like Nero's Devil Bringer to me)
It be about how Angels, or Demons, or maybe some new order of, say humans wanting to use demonic or angelic power, wanting to find Nero and use him for their personal gains.
In fact, DmC2 could be about how Mundus turns Vergil into his "Dark Angel" (Nelo Angelo) and how Mundus wants to find Nero so he could use him to conquer to human world

EllDawn

I would have a problem with that. I've gotten kind of attached to this Dante and Vergil, so having both die would just make the game depressing. If they leave it with an open ending, then I'd be fine with there being either a sequel or it being a stand-alone game. It's when they make an absolute end and then do a sequel that I have a problem with it. At least an open ending gives them an idea of what to build on.

Slaythe

Er...

Nero is related to Sparda ( geez, and so many things point out he is closer to Vergil ). He also used to be human at some point, so how could he be that hideous demon baby ?!

I don't see Nero coming up in the story, especially when Vergil didn't get his "salvation" ( which could be sacrificing himself to save Dante ).

I don't expect Ninja Theory to write about Nero since Capcom itself didnt bother... That would be for DMC 5.

But if he were to show up, that d be in DmC 3, and clearly we re not there yet.

Azurel

I always did like that fight.

It was based solely on instinct and knowledge of the technique both opponents would take in terms of their teachings and when to use different strategies if the situation called for it. That had to be my most favorite fight in the movie, cause it didn't happen, it was thought out within their minds, or a physiological battle.

But back to topic: I think both Dante and Vergil dying would be a cool way to end the game, but I think Dante should be the one to live since he has to be there to kill the demons. Unless after killing Mundus, the world no longer has demons.

Well, that would be the thing. If there were no more demons to fight, then Dante's sacrifice would make sense, and it would be worth it. However, if he doesn't, then the sequel will just be like DMC4; a repeat of the original.

chocolatepanda

The only way i could see Dante dying is if something happened to get rid of any and all evil like demons and possibly angels. Just because Mundus will be taken care of doesnt mean all the strong demons below him are gonna just leave. And if they wanted to make another game they could just say that Mundus was the strongest known demon while a stronger ones(or one) stayed in the shadows since he/she/they didnt want to take over the human world or whatever Mundus wanted to do.

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
I strongly dont support just a one shot game
Devil may cry is a series and it needs sequels
Why are we wishing for just a one shot game instead of a well executed sequel, with a great continuing storyline and freshly refined characters?

AngelMode

One thing is for sure though. NT said that they were only focusing on this game and made the game without any sort of sequel in mind. It's not like those movies where you get a cliff hanger at the end and you know there is gonna be a sequel. Or like the Assassin's Creed games... none of the games have any sort of ending. XD

Top Bottom